How Ottawa got so bad

Easy Ryder

First of all see who's masterpiece missing.

Devries: Still doing a nice job in Atalnta for 2.052 000

Chara : Redden makes 6.5 a year

Pothier: Logging 27:32 minutes a game with Washingtin

Havlat : Was leading NHL before getting hurt 6 000 000$

Hossa : Currentr leading scorer of NHL $$ 4 500 000 Heatley against 6 000 000 for Hossa

Hasek :8 w 3l this year

So after all even if he log points Heatley will never be a leader.

Nobody is there to clear the net like Chara did.

Redden is always hurt mentally and physically

Devries and Pothierare much better than Corvo and Preissing.

Havlat would have been the star of that team if they let him the chance.

Hossa actually makes too much money for them.

Hasek vs Gerber 750 000$ vs 3 700 000$.

Jacques Martin is way much a better coach than Murray.

Muckler actually looks like a senator and should go in the other basement just downtown and

leave the job to new blood.

First of all see who's masterpiece missing.

Devries: Still doing a nice job in Atalnta for 2.052 000

Chara : Redden makes 6.5 a year

Pothier: Logging 27:32 minutes a game with Washingtin

Havlat : Was leading NHL before getting hurt 6 000 000$

Hossa : Currentr leading scorer of NHL $$ 4 500 000 Heatley against 6 000 000 for Hossa

Hasek :8 w 3l this year

So after all even if he log points Heatley will never be a leader.

Nobody is there to clear the net like Chara did.

Redden is always hurt mentally and physically

Devries and Pothierare much better than Corvo and Preissing.

Havlat would have been the star of that team if they let him the chance.

Hossa actually makes too much money for them.

Hasek vs Gerber 750 000$ vs 3 700 000$.

Jacques Martin is way much a better coach than Murray.

Muckler actually looks like a senator and should go in the other basement just downtown and

leave the job to new blood.

I wouldn't have re-signed Hasek either, but I seriously questioned Gerber's signing. He lost his job to Ward in the playoffs after two games, then got a couple of games late, but that was it. And at this point in his career, Hasek is more of a question than an answer. The Chara/Redden choice was a no-win situation, either option means losing a key part of your blueline. I don't see a Cup run in this team's near future, whether Muckler and/or Murray are involved or not. They said in years past that the heart wasn't there, and now the dpeth is gone.

The no-win at the bllue line is that they made the wrong choices.

Keeping Chara and Pothier would have been the solution.

Havlat and Smolinski for Tom Preissing and Josh Hennesy was horrible.

At least they could deal directly with San Jose for Toskala.

Anyway it is good to see them losing. This is not a hockey town, there was a couple hunded Montreal fan and that's what all we were hearing last night...Guy guy...Huet..Winnipeg truly deserves more a hockey team.

Even though I'm not a Sens fan, it's sad to see how this team is falling apart. They were so close of having a perfect team. IMO, if they had a leader like Shanahan or Messier, they would have won few Cups (that and a top goalie hehe). Now their 2nd line is Schaefer-Vermette-Neil ugh.

Hossa, Alfredsson, Havlat, Spezza, Bondra, Smolinski, Bonk, White...Redden, Chara, Phillips, De Vries... couldn't get past the first round in 2004

When Hasek was healthy, he was the best goalie in the league last year hands down.

The organization made a big deal about him when he was injured and practically vilanized the guy. That's why he became a distraction.

All that Muckler has done so far was lose big time talent.

My guess goes with losing Chara and trading Havlat, Bochenski and Smolinki FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

BTW, in my book Ray Emery should be the #1 in this team. I mean, Hasek was down and he helped the team out. His injury sucks but I mean I would be offended if I saw some new goalie get 11 mil. for 3 years and playing like shit.

And a day thread is created, they beat Buffalo 4-2 :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Ottawa Senators forward Peter Schaefer has been fined $2,500 by the league for waving a towel on the bench in Wednesday's 6-2 loss to the Washington Capitals, in effect surrendering to the officials.

Schaefer took a page from legendery coach Roger Neilson, who during a 1982 playoff game against the Blackhawks felt his team was unfairly penalized. He took a white trainer's towel and held it on a hockey stick, as if to wave a white flag. Three other Canucks players did the same thing, and all were ejected from the game.

Senators coach Bryan Murray wasn't pleased with Wednesday's penalty-filled game which saw each team whistled 11 times.

''I'm not supposed to comment, but (during) the first goal, Ovechkin was offside, and we watched it. His foot was well over the line, and his other foot was in the air,'' Murray said after the game. ''The third goal, with an icing call, that's what we were yelling about, and they call it a clean play.''

The loss ended Ottawa's four-game winning streak. They won nine of 11 heading into the game.

They got so bad they wave the white flag :D

Nice action, saw the game last week and found it very hilarious! Great guy!

I really don't see how Ottawa finishes above 7th or 8th in the East. They are a one line team with only decent parts after that. Take away Fisher and theres nothing special on lines 2 through 4. Now they have an ailing Redden who doesn't seem like he's going to be 100% anytime soon and a very average D after that.

Comparing them to the Habs, the Sens have a better first line than us, but are worse on lines 2 to 4, have a worse D, and worse goaltending.

I'd call the Sens the NHL's version of the Colts, but now the Sens don't even win games in the regular season anymore...

losing to Columbus ... you gotta be kidding me ... 6-2 gosh... Gerber sux put him on waivers this guy will no longer regain his previous form, no one wants Gerber from now on... Sens need to get rid of him now!

It was total control by the Columbus ... actually it was quite impressive game they played .. but Gerber giving stupid weak goals AGAIN !!! I always feel embarrassed a Canadian team losing to 1 of the worst team in the league... that team had no superstar beside Fedorov that I know!

losing to Columbus ... you gotta be kidding me ... 6-2 gosh... Gerber sux put him on waivers this guy will no longer regain his previous form, no one wants Gerber from now on... Sens need to get rid of him now!

It was total control by the Columbus ... actually it was quite impressive game they played .. but Gerber giving stupid weak goals AGAIN !!! I always feel embarrassed a Canadian team losing to 1 of the worst team in the league... that team had no superstar beside Fedorov that I know!

Errrr, Nash, Zherdev?

Errrr, Nash, Zherdev?

Sorry if I miss someone from the team, that is actually quite talented players .. since I don't follow the west coast much. Columbus is still pretty new to me after all these years they exist! ^_^ I just have this feeling that they live in the shadow of our superstars in the east coast they don't appear much on the headlines... if they had a Ovechkin or Crosby or Malkin over there I would have known their team better! B)