How Ottawa got so bad

Easy Ryder

losing to Columbus ... you gotta be kidding me ... 6-2 gosh... Gerber sux put him on waivers this guy will no longer regain his previous form, no one wants Gerber from now on... Sens need to get rid of him now!

It was total control by the Columbus ... actually it was quite impressive game they played .. but Gerber giving stupid weak goals AGAIN !!! I always feel embarrassed a Canadian team losing to 1 of the worst team in the league... that team had no superstar beside Fedorov that I know!

You need to give Columbus a ton more credit, they've been a completely different team since Hitchcock took over. Teams that normally kick their ass (namely the Northwest division) have struggled against the Jackets. Definitely a team on the rise (everyone knows they're underachieving anyway) and not one to be taken lightly.

You need to give Columbus a ton more credit, they've been a completely different team since Hitchcock took over. Teams that normally kick their ass (namely the Northwest division) have struggled against the Jackets. Definitely a team on the rise (everyone knows they're underachieving anyway) and not one to be taken lightly.

Yepp. I had them making the playoffs this year...so we'll see.

Well, Ottawa's not that great of a team. I still don't get why so many scribes are saying they're now a lock for the playoffs - as mentioned previously they've got only a little secondary scoring from guys like Vermette and Fisher after their top line. And defensively, they're not as strong as they were that's why they are losing games.

Its consistency Simonus, blowouts are fine and dandy but its still only 2 pts in the standings.

The Habs and Sabres have both yet to go 2 games without registering a point, Sabres havent lost two in a row yet, and thats why they are 1-2 in the NE.

yeah, I know thats what must be happening, but its an unlikely and rare phenomenon.

Sure there are blowouts and close losses, but historicallya team that is able to score more goals than it allows will have a winning record. The bigger that differential, the better a winning percentage they should have. Either Ottawa is due for a big correction in the standings, or they are a unprecedentally fundamentally flawed team (which i guess is possible). I haven't the time to check it out, but have they been blowing out crap opponents and losing tight games to better ones? I know Red Wings have done that for a few years but were able to cover it up (during the regular season) thanks to a laughably horrible group of divisional opponents.

Well, like I said previously they just aren't that great of a team - that's why I'm surprised that Senators fans were so shocked by their performance. They've lost so many good players from last year's squad and downgraded on all levels..

Its their goal tending. Gerber is not very good. Emery is okay but not great. The other players they lost hurt but having a good goalie is vital. The Sens don't play a trapping style and so they need consistent tending to win.

When they fall behind in a game their opponents usualy trap and the Sens often end up losing a close game. When the Sens get ahead, the opponents open up their game and this often leads to a Sens blowout. IMHO this is why their goal differential is better than their record indicates.

I don't think Gerber is the man for the job in Ottawa... and that's where the biggest problem is. Beside that, I'll say the average not to say poor performance from Redden, you have to give more than what he's giving right now.

Edited by kayc906

I don't think Gerber is the man for the job in Ottawa... and that's where the biggest problem is. Beside that, I'll say the average not to say poor performance from Redden, you have to give more than what he's giving right now.

Keep in mind, Reds has been hobbled by either a nagging injury or a current one. It's hard to perform at 100% when you're body isn't 100%.

haha, a good friend of mine is a big Ottawa fan and he say he's boycotting them until the coach is fired. :lol:

So I went to their game against tampa with a friend.. Man that team is so awful

No emotion, no intensity, no desire to win. They just dont give a ****. They simply have no excuse to make only 18 shots on goal against on the worst D in the league and to completely give up when they trail by a goal with 15 min to go.

Tampa didnt even played that good but Ottawa players failed to care enough about the game to win it.

How humiliating for them.. Philly is in advance 2-1 on them as I type this :blink:

Come on guys , you playin the worst team of the entire league

Edited by Jean

First of all see who's masterpiece missing.

Devries: Still doing a nice job in Atalnta for 2.052 000

Chara : Redden makes 6.5 a year

Pothier: Logging 27:32 minutes a game with Washingtin

Havlat : Was leading NHL before getting hurt 6 000 000$

Hossa : Currentr leading scorer of NHL $$ 4 500 000 Heatley against 6 000 000 for Hossa

Hasek :8 w 3l this year

So after all even if he log points Heatley will never be a leader.

Nobody is there to clear the net like Chara did.

Redden is always hurt mentally and physically

Devries and Pothierare much better than Corvo and Preissing.

Havlat would have been the star of that team if they let him the chance.

Hossa actually makes too much money for them.

Hasek vs Gerber 750 000$ vs 3 700 000$.

Jacques Martin is way much a better coach than Murray.

Muckler actually looks like a senator and should go in the other basement just downtown and

leave the job to new blood.

i'm not giving you any explanations 'cause i really don't know but what i hope dearly for the senators is that they don't become the buffalo bills of the nhl... so very good for so very long and getting so very close so very often but never quite reaching it...

for buffalo, it was a missed short-yardage field goal that was flubbed by the kicker... for the senators it was a 'last-minute goal' that was flubbed by the goalie...

i'm afraid that the next shot will never come again for a very long time

GO :hlogo: GO!