New Habs jerseys for next season!

MK19

y do they have to change the design on the jersy.

If they want to make it more fitting fine, i have no problem with it. It's like the old sweaters. But leave the look alone.

I think they look cool and modern, but I am totally opposed to changing the classic design of the Habs' jersey. If it's just a third jersey, then I'm all for it. If it's to change the jersey permanently, then it's a joke.

Please tell me this is a comp for their practice jersey.

Can you say cash grab! The Canadiens jersey is like the Yankee Pinstripes,

you do not mess with history. Check out this site.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/

You have to go to 1924-25 to find any substantial change. They have changed their Number font

and their logo has been altered slighty (probably more to do with with technology than anything)

but it has remained the same.

The audacity for Bettman and Reebok to even consider it is unbelievable.

Why do we need "form fitting" jerseys now?

I could see a few years ago, when holding hooking etc... wasn't called but with the NEW NHL and "new" enforcement we don't need them....................

I like the idea of updating the look of hockey players.

Everyone is writing as if the jerseys have been the same since the Habs came into being. Lets not forgot orginally the uniforms were made of wool. Anyone care to go back to that? Of course not, the uniform was changed to create a more effective game. Allow the players to not have to worry about weight and water. Progress.

Perhaps just change the look slowly as not to shock the jersey consertives.

NO, I love the look of all hockey jerseys. I hate this new advanced technology that makes are jerseys look all futuristic!! I wouldnt mind a third jersey though

The white jersey is a much needed upgrade on the tired sweater that's worn today. I desperately hope that changes! As for the home red, while I love the traditional jersey, I'm not against this particular upgrade. It's fast-looking and sleek. There's a lot to be said for tradition, but staying mired in the past shows a lack of willingness to adapt to the present and the future. Personally, I'm 100% for the upgrades and hope they go through as long as they're able to replicate the look of the traditional jersey in the new, sleek form and wear them on special occasions: Opening night, Hall of Fame game, retirement games, significant meetings with the O-6 teams, etc, etc.

I don't believe anybody has a problem with the material they choose to use.

But the lame side swooshes and the lack of the solid bar across the arms is a major makeover

to a classic instantly recognizable icon that has existed for 80 years.

Obviously we do not expect anybody to wear wool jerseys. No more than we expect Huet

to go out the next game with no mask wearing 17lb leatherpads.

Change the fabric as technology dictates, but don't mess with the classic design.

That is fine for the Nashville Predators, not the Montreal Canadiens.

I like the idea of updating the look of hockey players.

Everyone is writing as if the jerseys have been the same since the Habs came into being. Lets not forgot orginally the uniforms were made of wool. Anyone care to go back to that? Of course not, the uniform was changed to create a more effective game. Allow the players to not have to worry about weight and water. Progress.

Perhaps just change the look slowly as not to shock the jersey consertives.