Game Thread | Montreal | Tampa Bay | 11/15/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, Lats got a PP goal.... he is the next Crosby... wow.. lets ditch all the other players like Ryder (what did he ever do anyway). Wow, can't everyone see how totally awesome Lats is!!!!

Actually, it was a nice goal, but that was about the only time I noticed him all night and it was the hard work of Sammy that set it up.

Let's not over react every time Lats scores. I like Lats, but I don't see play that leads me to believe that at the end of the season he is going to be a huge 30 goal guy.

He is obviously not going back to junior, but I fully expect him to keep playing on the 3/4 lines once Higgins is back.

By the way, ribs had a better point per game average last year, and most people thought he didn't even cut it as a 2nd line guy. So lets just wait and not put too high an expectation on Lats.

lean back on the player while you kick his feet out from under them...ala Youngblood ( that is a movie btw lol)

I've heard used to describe where one player kicks the legs out from under another. He didn't lean back on Johnson, but he did go ass over tea kettle.

RDS three stars

1. Huet

2. Souray

3. Markov

Edited by RobRock

lean back on the player while you kick his feet out from under them...ala Youngblood ( that is a movie btw lol)

thanks!

nice to see the habs end vinny and st.louis' 11-game point streaks...

Souray is really playing well this year. His shot is back and reliable. He is definitely the reason our PP is working this year.

I just hope that as teams adjust to take away the shot from Souray, the Habs do what Toronto did last year and active the down low play. It is really hard to defend when the PP unit has both plays working.

That's excellent!! Souray rocks!!

They finally found out how to make a rookie better.. give him ice time on a top line! Worked with Ryder, Higgins. Now when Higgins returns, Latendresse will have had time to learn a lot and will play with confidence on the 4th line, or will give the option to Carbo to put one of his top players on a slump on the 4th line.

I was worrying about Huet before the start of the year. Nice to see he still has it!

I only saw parts of the 3rd period. awesome goal by latendresse and I like markov's work against richards.

kostitsyn is bound to score against the panthers..he had good chances..only a matter of time for the bella russe.

I don't think we'll see niinima anytime soon. two games in a row he takes dump penalties in the 3rd period.

Fun game to watch again, although I wish the Habs would have scored once or twice evenstrength. I feel like a leafs fan when I get happy over a 3-1 victory where the opposition scores the only even strength goal.

Fun game to watch again, although I wish the Habs would have scored once or twice evenstrength. I feel like a leafs fan when I get happy over a 3-1 victory where the opposition scores the only even strength goal.

Goals on the PP or ES are equally important. Especially under the "New NHL" (kidding, Huzer) teams are going to be rewarded with effective Special teams. As long our PP and PK rules, Habs will win.

That's excellent!! Souray rocks!!

They finally found out how to make a rookie better.. give him ice time on a top line! Worked with Ryder, Higgins. Now when Higgins returns, Latendresse will have had time to learn a lot and will play with confidence on the 4th line, or will give the option to Carbo to put one of his top players on a slump on the 4th line.

I was worrying about Huet before the start of the year. Nice to see he still has it!

Ryder needs to be bumped to the 4th, not lats.

Nice win, for once not a blowout.

Souray with two more goals. I'm surprised teams don't pay more attention to him on the PP. Won't complain about it though.

And Lats getting a 4th goal in 4 games. But it was a PP goal and someone else did all the work to set him up, in other words, a Ryder-type goal. :P

Tomorrow vs Florida is gonna be another good test. Coming off the trip with 3-1 would be sweet. 2-2 would be bleah.

Ryder needs to be bumped to the 4th, not lats.

Ryder seems to have lost every inch of confidence...the kid as a great quick shot...but seems to choke when he as a chance to use it...Bonk plays a solid game...Niinimaa...i dont even want to talk about it...and was dissapointed kostitsyn didnt score tonight...it'll come...eveytime he touches the puck a scoring chance lights up...kovalev didnt seem to be aching from his knee...and markov played a solid game...glad to see Dandenault playing...almost got a goal on top of it...must of played too many times against Denis...them beeing friends and all

Nice win, for once not a blowout.

Souray with two more goals. I'm surprised teams don't pay more attention to him on the PP. Won't complain about it though.

And Lats getting a 4th goal in 4 games. But it was a PP goal and someone else did all the work to set him up, in other words, a Ryder-type goal. :P

Tomorrow vs Florida is gonna be another good test. Coming off the trip with 3-1 would be sweet. 2-2 would be bleah.

The lats goal was very nice his best yet for sure, did you miss the toe drag that is a very talented move, and the shot wow ding a ling off the pipe and in.