Draft picks

CoRvInA

anyone know where we can get info on the amount of picks we have for the next draft... for instance I know we got two 3rd round picks thanks to Zednik and we've got two 5th round picks thanks to Ribeiro

I want to start thinking about if its worth trading up to get a TOP first pick in 2007

I want to start thinking about if its worth trading up to get a TOP first pick in 2007

You want to start thinking about it? or dreaming about it? 'Cause non of your thinking is going to lead to Bob doing anything ... so I'd keep it to the land of fancy!

I think the best we could do is to do like last year and move back in order to get another 2nd rounder or maybe give our 2 3rd rounders since the one from washington will be a top 3rd round pick.

with 3 picks in the first two rounds we could secure our D for a whilw as well get another foward. if not a center, at least a right handed shot.

Dearest Santa! here's my wish list for this year. nptice that I'm being reasonable asking only one of my two choices. I also been nice with my sister and went to sleep early on school day.

list:

logan couture

angelo esposito.

please Santa, let me believe in you another year !!

I think the best we could do is to do like last year and move back in order to get another 2nd rounder or maybe give our 2 3rd rounders since the one from washington will be a top 3rd round pick.

with 3 picks in the first two rounds we could secure our D for a whilw as well get another foward. if not a center, at least a right handed shot.

Dearest Santa! here's my wish list for this year. nptice that I'm being reasonable asking only one of my two choices. I also been nice with my sister and went to sleep early on school day.

list:

logan couture

angelo esposito.

please Santa, let me believe in you another year !!

We could really use a C with top lines potential. We're already short on 2nd C and Koivu's not going to be there forever.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks JMMR... did you do the research yourself or you found it somewhere on a NHL page? anyways many thanks again!

You want to start thinking about it? or dreaming about it? 'Cause non of your thinking is going to lead to Bob doing anything ... so I'd keep it to the land of fancy!

ummm whats wrong with making my own assessment and coming up with my own analysis and conclusion regarding if its wourth it or not? regardless to what Gainey does... That I know of I used the verb "to think" not " Petition or send Bob a letter with recommendations?" why jump to the gun and assume I'm a 14 year old GM wannabe with no life?.... isnt this site about communicating and sharing ideas...?

I dont know some days a few habsworld people here write the first thing that comes out of their ass.

Thanks JMMR... did you do the research yourself or you found it somewhere on a NHL page? anyways many thanks again!

ummm whats wrong with making my own assessment and coming up with my own analysis and conclusion regarding if its wourth it or not? regardless to what Gainey does... That I know of I used the verb "to think" not " Petition or send Bob a letter with recommendations?" why jump to the gun and assume I'm a 14 year old GM wannabe with no life?.... isnt this site about communicating and sharing ideas...?

I dont know some days a few habsworld people here write the first thing that comes out of their ass.

:lol: Sure, whatever floats your boat.

BTW, I never said anything about 14 year old GMs with no life. But I do think any speculation you do come up with will be a serious shot in the dark. I mean, you'd have better luck playing the lottery. But, if you like to spend your time thinking about it, more power to you. It's not like you are hurting anyone.

FYI, to think about something also means to consider. I.E. I'm thinking about nuying a new car. Thus my comment, don't you mean dreaming? No harm meant.

:lol: Sure, whatever floats your boat.

BTW, I never said anything about 14 year old GMs with no life. But I do think any speculation you do come up with will be a serious shot in the dark. I mean, you'd have better luck playing the lottery. But, if you like to spend your time thinking about it, more power to you. It's not like you are hurting anyone.

FYI, to think about something also means to consider. I.E. I'm thinking about nuying a new car. Thus my comment, don't you mean dreaming? No harm meant.

hmm.... considering, thinking, pondering etc... all conotations on and exclusively about myself... not you (although your free too) not Gainey not Carbo Not Yuppy etc... that after analysing the Drafties the candidates (if I have the time) and thats where the Dreaming might fall into it... WHat Would I think would be the optimal thing for the Habs to do as a fan, as someone who would understandibly want to harvest the best of what could be available or vulnerable to our draft options...

My comment was focused on saying that Your comment is a given... why would I even consider that Gainey would do exactly that... I'm just having fun thinking with the knowtion that perhaps there might be a plan with these few Variables that might make our chances of landing us Esposito or whoever... but for my own Leisure and fun.. in my Lala land so the Fantasy thing is a given... get what I mean?

When I wrote that reply it was as if I was told hey THis is fantasy by the way no one here reads or wants to know what you do here... (where I say And your point is??/... I dont anyone here needs to hear that right?

and also thinking or considering to do something like to buy a car (sounds more like I have the cash I'm considering it) where as Dreaming to buy a car sounds like I'm 14 and I dont work and Hope someday to buy a car.

Not necessarily. I dream of one day buying a house by the sea. It doesn't mean that I'm a 14 year old with no cash, and no job. But it does mean that I don't yet have the means or opportunity to buy the house. Perhaps I have responsobilities in the city. Perhaps I don't have enough money yet. Or perhaps I haven't found the ideal spot yet. And you don't have the means of sellecting any prospects ... so it is dreaming rather than thinking, IMO.

However, it is all semantics. I was being a tad facetious. I just found the wording funny. Sorry for interrupting your thoughts/dreams.