Game Thread | Montreal vs. Florida | 11/16/06

Spider-Man NL

Okay, can we stick with our number 1 goalie for awhile. Sorry but Abie has blown his last 2 games in my opinion. Please have Huet start the 3rd period.

I guess Carbo will now change his strategy to play goalies in 2 games stints. Huet should play until he blows up a game

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this one's over... time to move on to the next one.

There may have been a fatigue factor... I don't know. Three games in the last four days and, if you will, four in the last six days.

Only one day of rest till the Thrashers... could be difficult.

GO :hlogo: GO!

shake it off... gotta face the Thrashers on Saturday.. and it'll be 15-1 if we show this kind of effort...

Ok so we're getting mixed reports. Shortcat says if not for Belfour's heroics we could easily be tied or winning and lazy says we showed no effort. What gives?

weak ONE.

by the way, even during his high years for Montreal, Patrick Roy had a reputation for letting in a 'weak' one each game. Whether this is true or not, I don't know but this was the saying attached to his play at the time.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Well, I watched Roy all those years. Roy let in the occasional weak one, and he even had some confused playoffs. But 'one bad goal a game' is ridiculous - Roy did not do that. More importantly, Roy usually made the saves that kept the team in the game, e.g., you'd be down 3-1 but never 4-1, etc.. And of course, in 86 and 93 nobody could beat him. Nobody.

In any case, ALL goalies let in the occasional stinker. Blaming Aeby for this is silly. Still, does anyone else get the impression that by pulling him for Huet Carbo has just anointed Huet the go-to guy?

Well, I watched Roy all those years. Roy let in the occasional weak one, and he even had some confused playoffs. But 'one bad goal a game' is ridiculous - Roy did not do that. More importantly, Roy usually made the saves that kept the team in the game, e.g., you'd be down 3-1 but never 4-1, etc.. And of course, in 86 and 93 nobody could beat him. Nobody.

In any case, ALL goalies let in the occasional stinker. Blaming Aeby for this is silly. Still, does anyone else get the impression that by pulling him for Huet Carbo has just anointed Huet the go-to guy?

I think Carbo simply did it to protect his confidence. The second goal was weak, but this game was by no means Abby's fault. We were a Very sluggish team after the first, and belfour made the saves when he had to.

We didnt deserve this one by a long shot - two games in two nights on road is killer.

Samsonov was silent and our d-men (rivet espec) looked BAD at times.

Nothing really happened. Just further proves the fact that the +- stat is the most useless stat in hockey.

Well, for Koivu:

-Latendresse's unfortunate blunder. No fault to anyone on the ice but poor Lats.

-The final goal where two defenders, can't remember who, went to the same man and left the guy who scored alone in front.

-Twice just shifted on and was barely in the play when the goal was scored - bad changes.

I think there were just a pile of mental errors tonight.

well i got nothing good out of this match...the only fresh legs playing was aebischer...and to mee the past two games reveals what he really his...but before you call me a Aebi trasher im ready to give him another chance..since the beginning of the season he was teh better of the two...but huet is really shinning...glad he found himself!

now lets regroupe and play a solid game on saturday against the Trashers....

on a lighter note...toronto lost to Boston..and philly won two in a row

If a goalie has a bad night it shows more than if one D-man of attacker takes a night of! Shit happens, thats why you got two goalies. One or 2 bad nights doesnt make him a bad goalie. Played some very good games for the habs. So got still faith. But at least we got Huet, allthough he looked weak on that last goal to, bad rebound. (allthough Jokinen was wide open cuz the TWO d-man couldnt stop that other Panther.

It will turn allright!

Just when you think the habs turn the corner, the go out and lay another egg. Maybe Carbo kept them in Florida for another early morning practice before they fly back. If they play like that again Saturday Atlanta will slap 10 on them and it won't matter who is in net.

Whichever poster said the + - is overrated i beleive last night was a perfect example how bad players play. The Koivu line got buried last night. The D pairing of Rivet and Souray were on for 3 goals as well. It does matter. The PP and Pk will not be dominant all year so the Habs need to wake up 5 on 5.

Why is everyone bashing Aebi, the only way he would have won last night if he pitched a shut out. He did save the butts numerous times with 40 save wins when the rest of the team didn't show. How about the blaming the players who didn't show up.

By the way Belfour had more points then the first 3 lines combined last night, nice effort guys. Don't even get me started on Rivet and Souray last night, they were passing out turnovers like it was a bakery last night. They weren't the only ones obviously. Something needs to happen with the second line soon. Kovy and Samsonov need to be split up. Sammy plays hard when he is in but nothing is happening there.

I apologize to all who found me too negative. I was just really annoyed. That was a pepto bismol game for sure.

I said Ryder is goofy because of what he did to Koivu. Was he trying to injure him or what?

The team had odour. From top to bottom last night. It's reminicent of the loss to the Leefs and in general to our D zone clearing issues.

Carbonneau, Muller, Jarvis and maybe even the mighty GM might be meeting to look at tape and figure this out. It's obvious to me that our opponents are watching Montreal tape and are finding a weakness.

We must adjust

es.

Carbonneau, Muller, Jarvis and maybe even the mighty GM might be meeting to look at tape and figure this out. It's obvious to me that our opponents are watching Montreal tape and are finding a weakness.

We must adjust

A weakness?! Just one? LOL

yes, I think other teams have discovered that we can't break out of our own end... It's time for us to go back to school.

Anyway, even though this was a stinker, we went 2-2 on a road trip, and we can build on this.

GO HABS GO!!!