Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Hey jets, is that a Honda Fit?

Who are you in the picture?

I think so, don't quite remember. As for who I am, just need to look at the Avs colored hoodie. :P Although the one picture where everyone is playing SSB, I look really fat. I'd like to point out I had a lot of layers on. :lol:

Yes we love the Wii. I just hope than Nintendo factory workers are doing overtime to produce more and more Wiis to capture market share while the hype is up!

Yes we love the Wii. I just hope than Nintendo factory workers are doing overtime to produce more and more Wiis to capture market share while the hype is up!

Oh they are. The Wii was originally supposed to come with a disc to update the firmware because they thought they didn't have enough time to update it themselves. Turns out they did a crapload of overtime and every console shipped without the start-up disc (although a small batch seemed to be missing the firmware update, not a lot though).

one question, when Wii: Play comes out will that be free or not be free?

It's not free but it does come with a free controller. What sucks is it's a launch title for the other 3 areas but America has to wait till January...15th, I think.

so if its not free, will Nintendo give the game depth? Or will it be tutorial like Wii:Sports?

Possibly, it's already up to 9 games and theres a rumor there could be more. Theres also a chance that they'll add online play later on.

:o

You've never played a Zelda game before? Story is kind of hard to explain, it's developed since the first game came out since 1987. You have a variety of weapons basically. Sword (eventually you get the legendary Master Sword. I'm not sure about this game but it's been in just about all the other ones), shield, boomarang, slingshot, bow and arrows. Then you eventually get magic arrows like the ice or fire arrows. You just use these weapons to help you advance through the different dungeons (also known as temples) in the game until you get to the end and defeat the main bad guy (which is usually Ganon/Ganondorf).

And theres also the Triforce but I won't even start to explain what that is. Anyway, The Legend of Zelda is my favorite video game franchise so you're getting a somewhat biased view. They're all really fun games though.

whats Zelda like? Never played the game before.

Sacrilege! Zelda is the shiznitz...mainly because Link doesn't wear any pants! :D

But besides that, it's an awesome franchise. First game I played was Link's Awakening on the Gameboy. Marvelous, marvelous game.

oh I see. Yeah never bought or played the game lol.

Thinking of getting three games.

Zelda

Swing Golf (when it comes out on the 12th)

Mario (got to have mario)

I'd like a tennis game (tennis games should rule on this platform)

And Wii: Play when it comes out.

Super Mario Galaxy was actually supposed to be a launch title originally so it's on the horizon. I'd guess February or March.

For tennis, you've got the Mario Tennis franchise to look forward to. Mario Tennis on the 64 was a great game, never tried the Cube version.

And dont forget Smash Brawl! Those games are always awesp,e

So when I buy some games tomorrow they won't be able to go online but in the future will the same game be able to go online?

That's basically it

That's Nintendo big weakness right now, their online service is much below what Microsoft is offering.

The inclusion of online play on a given title is up to the devlopers