Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Play flash games on the Wii

This have a lot of potential :)

There was a lot of debate on the forums about whether or not we'd be able to play flash games, good to see.

That's basically it

That's Nintendo big weakness right now, their online service is much below what Microsoft is offering.

M$ is also the only gaming company charging for online play plus it has a years head start. Just wait for Brawl, it will be played online far more then Halo 2, I'll bet anything.

So if I buy that golf game for example when they get there internet up and running I can play on the net? or no.

Still excited over the system anyway.

Maybe, it depends on the developer like Jean said. I really doubt it though.

I've got my own little Wii mission tomorrow, trading in a few 360 games to pick up some Wii/GC games. On my list right now...

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (120 playable characters! 120!)

Metroid Prime

LoZ: Wind Waker

Eternal Darkness

Resident Evil 4

Animal Crossing (I might actually just go for the DS version. I bought it last year but lost the cartridge)

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Paper Mario

Need For Speed Underground

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

The last 9 are all GC games, I'm not looking to get all of these tomorrow but those are the GC games I'll pick up. I know far too many people with SSB:M and the only time I play it anymore is multiplayer so getting that is pointless. These games all hold some kind of nostalgia for me so thats why I'll pick them up.

Besides the fact they're all f***** awesome games.

I've got my own little Wii mission tomorrow, trading in a few 360 games to pick up some Wii/GC games. On my list right now...

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (120 playable characters! 120!)

Metroid Prime

Eternal Darkness

Resident Evil 4

Animal Crossing (I might actually just go for the DS version. I bought it last year but lost the cartridge)

Paper Mario

The last 9 are all GC games, I'm not looking to get all of these tomorrow but those are the GC games I'll pick up. I know far too many people with SSB:M and the only time I play it anymore is multiplayer so getting that is pointless. These games all hold some kind of nostalgia for me so thats why I'll pick them up.

Besides the fact they're all f***** awesome games.

I got those four back at home. I've always wondered about RE and ED, are they any good?

Was in line at GameStop starting at 3 AM. 6 people ahead of us. The manager gets there and tells us there are 6 Wiis. WHY THE HELL DID THE GUY DESCRIBE THEIR SUPPLY AS LESS THAN FINGERS AND TOES! THAT IMPLIES BETWEEN 10 AND 20!

I'm really starting to think the whole 4 million units thing is a load of crap. Wiis seem to be BARELY more available than PS3. For example, the store I was at had 6 Wiis and 2 PS3s. What happened to Nintendo having so many more Wiis than Sony was supposed to have PS3s?

I know fan same thing happend to me. They said they had 10 Wiis then I get there at 4am and they're like we don't have any sorry. But they did say that they should be getting weekly shipments starting next week.

Utterly stupid. Then you've got the Zoo known as Best Buy. 5,000 people were in there. Shudder to think what its going to be like tomorrow night with people camping out for the Wii's and PS3's because of Best Buy's beloved 'sunday catalog' they are with holding them until Sunday.

This is an utter joke. Shows just how much corporations control are lives and treat us like pawns. This is evil capitalism at play here. evil pure and simple. they are toying with us.

I'm really starting to think the whole 4 million units thing is a load of crap.

Don't forget tough than that 4 millions will be scattered all arround the world. The Wii will be avaible in Europe and Oceania by the end of the year and it's already avaible in Brazil and Mexico, while all the PS3 units will be concentrated in only 3 countries (Japan, US, Canada).

Metroid Prime

Eternal Darkness

Resident Evil 4

Paper Mario

I got the bolded ones in my collection :) I was disspointed by Wind Waker tough, I just couldnt get into it

I also recomend Tales of Symphonia if you dont have it already.

Edited by Jean

I know fan same thing happend to me. They said they had 10 Wiis then I get there at 4am and they're like we don't have any sorry. But they did say that they should be getting weekly shipments starting next week.

Utterly stupid. Then you've got the Zoo known as Best Buy. 5,000 people were in there. Shudder to think what its going to be like tomorrow night with people camping out for the Wii's and PS3's because of Best Buy's beloved 'sunday catalog' they are with holding them until Sunday.

This is an utter joke. Shows just how much corporations control are lives and treat us like pawns. This is evil capitalism at play here. evil pure and simple. they are toying with us.

:lol:

I got the bolded ones in my collection :) I was disspointed by Wind Waker tough, I just couldnt get into it

I also recomend Tales of Symphonia if you dont have it already.

I didn't care much for WW either, although the graphics might have been what turned me off. I have ToS too, it's pretty decent. My favourite character is the red-haired dude! ^_^

Don't forget tough than that 4 millions will be scattered all arround the world. The Wii will be avaible in Europe and Oceania by the end of the year and it's already avaible in Brazil and Mexico, while all the PS3 units will be concentrated in only 3 countries (Japan, US, Canada).

Don't forget also that it's 4 million by the end of the year, not 4 million at launch. The specialty stores aren't getting that many of either console, EB's are only getting a max of 15 per location whereas some TRU's and BB's got 100+.

Don't have Tales but my friend bought it and I borrowed it from him. Really good game.

It's f****** cold, someone convince me to take the bus to EB. :lol:

Don't forget also that it's 4 million by the end of the year, not 4 million at launch. The specialty stores aren't getting that many of either console, EB's are only getting a max of 15 per location whereas some TRU's and BB's got 100+.

Don't have Tales but my friend bought it and I borrowed it from him. Really good game.

It's f****** cold, someone convince me to take the bus to EB. :lol:

do you guys have ice rinks yet???or its not cold enough??

do you guys have ice rinks yet???or its not cold enough??

We did but I think they melted last week but now it's cold enough again. Theres a lot of arctic air coming down right now so we're facing highs of -20. Thats right...highs.

I think I'll attempt to brave the weather in half an hour, hope I don't turn into a popsicle.

Don't forget also that it's 4 million by the end of the year, not 4 million at launch.

They've also said they'd be shipping hundreds of thousands of units frequently, and they haven't done jack since launch. None of the big stores had any today, the only place to get any was the smaller retailers who had a handful of systems each.

I really don't understand why they don't just wait and launch when they can handle it. They saw how pissed people were about the 360 last year, and they would slaughter PS3 if they would have waited another couple weeks until they could ship enough systems to at least partially meet the demand.

Frequently means once a week or so, it's only been out 6 days, why are you expecting another full shipment so soon? Best Buy has already publicly stated it's hoarding their consoles for their own time, other companies are probably doing the same.

Anyone could've told you they wouldn't of had a full shipment out 6 days later. Stores may get a few consoles here or there but the next full shipment isn't expected until the 26th, at the earliest.

Given that it is Black Friday, if they had any brains at all, they'd have had a full shipment out for today. People are insane on Black Friday they would have sold every unit they shipped within minutes of each store opening. What is the point of even shipping 6 units? Were they leftovers? Did they get lost between the warehouse and launch day?

And as for "publicly stating" the Wii hoarding, where did you here this? The Best Buys I called said they either have no idea when they will get more or they say not till after Christmas. Only place I've heard about hoarding is internet rumors. If they are hoarding, then my stores out and out lied to me, and I'd rather go Wiiless than buy from a store that is going to give me shit like that.

And what the hell is the point of hoarding? What does Best Buy hope to gain? I'll tell you: they are hoping people come in every day looking for it. When people come in, they hope they will see something they want and make an impulse buy. It's asinine to not simply sell them as they get them in. Hoarding them so they can put them in their Sunday ad? Get real! People don't care if it is in an ad! They just want the system!

All hoarding does is artificially decrease supply, meaning that the assholes who buy systems just to sell them on eBay can make that much more money.

They hoard because it creates mass hysteria. This is evil capitalism at work here. Would a grocery store hold back bottle during a water shortage? no.

The corporations are playing with us toying with us. They say we'll have 10 in on friday and then when you get there they say 'sorry, we lied we don't have anything jokes on you'.

They hoard because it creates mass hysteria. This is evil capitalism at work here. Would a grocery store hold back bottle during a water shortage? no.

No, evil capitalism would be stores charging more than market value, like eBay sellers. Hoarding is just stupid. The strategy is to encourage impulse buys, but people who are coming in to ask about the Wii everyday only care about getting a Wii. They aren't going to be taken in by such ploys. In the end, all these stores are doing is losing money. People are getting desparate and going to eBay. eBayers are making nice profits. Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. already made some profit on the systems being sold on eBay, but by hoarding systems, they are simply encouraging people to buy systems from eBay. Well guess what? The big stores aren't profiting now. Instead, they are allowing people who actually want a Wii to go elsewhere for the product. Thus, when they stop hoarding, there will be fewer people buying from them. If they stopped hoarding, they would be consistently selling out, making profit for themselves. All they are doing by hoarding is losing money. People could be buying Wiis from their store, creating new revenue, rather than allowing individuals to make money off of systems bought in the stores.

Given that it is Black Friday, if they had any brains at all, they'd have had a full shipment out for today. People are insane on Black Friday they would have sold every unit they shipped within minutes of each store opening. What is the point of even shipping 6 units? Were they leftovers? Did they get lost between the warehouse and launch day?

And as for "publicly stating" the Wii hoarding, where did you here this? The Best Buys I called said they either have no idea when they will get more or they say not till after Christmas. Only place I've heard about hoarding is internet rumors. If they are hoarding, then my stores out and out lied to me, and I'd rather go Wiiless than buy from a store that is going to give me shit like that.

And what the hell is the point of hoarding? What does Best Buy hope to gain? I'll tell you: they are hoping people come in every day looking for it. When people come in, they hope they will see something they want and make an impulse buy. It's asinine to not simply sell them as they get them in. Hoarding them so they can put them in their Sunday ad? Get real! People don't care if it is in an ad! They just want the system!

All hoarding does is artificially decrease supply, meaning that the assholes who buy systems just to sell them on eBay can make that much more money.

It's on the internet but it's not rumours. People all over were phoning their Best Buys, some would say they weren't selling them until Sunday and others would say they weren't allowed to give stock information, that is up to the Best Buy managers. Best Buy employees who go onto these forums have confirmed this.

Anyway, you went to Gamestop, I said before they wouldn't get many. Like I said, none of the specialty stores are getting more then 15, my local EB manager told me this (and EB, of course, is owned by Gamestop so it's the same for them). The market Nintendo is targeting isn't the hardcore video game player so there will be less emphasis on the video game stores. They're trying to attract people who don't normally play video games, would these kinds of people shop at EB or Gamestop? I don't think so. Nintendo will be shipping more then enough, you REALLY need to calm down about it.

Nintendo will be shipping more then enough, you REALLY need to calm down about it.

I'm not worried about getting one, I am fine with waiting. Only reason I lined up was because my friends all can't wait for me to get it so they can try it, haha. I'm only pissed about the poor business practices going on. Employees directly lying to me pisses me off. For example, the GameStop guy made it a point to say "finger AND toes." What did he hope to gain by not simply saying they'd have 6 systems? Why lie about it? Other stores I've called say they won't have any until January. Again, someone is lying. Either Nintendo about having enough to meet the US demand or the store for saying they won't have more till next year.

And as for the hoarding rant, I'm just pointing out that stores are losing money by doing it.

The stores have to be lieing or maybe they took pre-orders for the upcoming shipments. My friend who still hasn't bought one though was calling around and everyone (Best Buy, Futureshop, Wal-Mart, Circuit City) said to check in a week or two, they were expecting quite a few more shipments.

Gamespot seems really shady to me, I've heard a lot of bad stores about it from other americans. I'm glad there aren't man (if any) up here.

Gamespot seems really shady to me, I've heard a lot of bad stores about it from other americans. I'm glad there aren't man (if any) up here.

Until now, I've been very happy with them. I always got more for trade-ins than any other store and they actually carried NHL 2k7.

If Best Buy has Wiis on their ad on Sunday, I might go at open and hope I get lucky. I'm done with the camping out crap, I don't want one that badly. I don't really like Best Buy, but they might be the only ones selling them on Sunday.

Plus, the closer it gets to Christmas, the more guilty I feel about buying myself something at this time of year, hehe.

The problem is Jets that the only places that said they'd have Wii's were the small corner stores. The big box stores are hoarding. So they go around town saying they've got 10 Wii's and then people get up at 4 in the morning and go over there and they say sorry we don't have any.

Its really odd. This is the biggest shopping day of the year and the Wii and PS3 are the biggest things this year and this morning I felt like a druggie going into a weird back alley to get drugs. If these things are the biggest things of the year every store would have them.