Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Yeah, it was hilarious watching people. I can see golf and tennis being a lot more fun with a little practice. Didn't get a chance to try bowling or baseball because I work in the morning, yet here I sit talking about it, lol.

Yeah, it was hilarious watching people. I can see golf and tennis being a lot more fun with a little practice. Didn't get a chance to try bowling or baseball because I work in the morning, yet here I sit talking about it, lol.

:lol:

Trust me, bowling is a lot of fun. My dad enjoys it and he's still in the mindset that only pimply faced, geeky 12 year olds play video games. Have you still been on the lookout for a Wii?

:lol:

Trust me, bowling is a lot of fun. My dad enjoys it and he's still in the mindset that only pimply faced, geeky 12 year olds play video games. Have you still been on the lookout for a Wii?

Yeah, hasn't been in any ads since before Christmas. From what I've heard, they're not shipping again till the end of the month, but it's supposed to be a big shipment. Maybe they're hoping to ship enough to meet the demand all at once, instead of weekly releases.

Yeah, hasn't been in any ads since before Christmas. From what I've heard, they're not shipping again till the end of the month, but it's supposed to be a big shipment. Maybe they're hoping to ship enough to meet the demand all at once, instead of weekly releases.

Yeah, I've heard the same for accesories. Supposed to be one huge shipment on the 17th I guess. I'll be joining the hunters soon enough although it should be easier for me. Gonna have to hunt down a 60 gig PS3. No games really interest me though until Motorstorm comes out so I can wait. Resistance is the only worthwhile game out for it at this point and it didn't interest me when my friend brought it over. Just another generic shooter.

Wow, you played Call of Duty on the Wii and still liked it, that says something. I think the only worse you could do is Far Cry.

I enjoyed making attempts to control both sticks (aiming gun and walking) it is pretty tough to do I enjoy having to learn how to play a game.

But alas I did enjoy the sports much more.

Edited by JMMR

I enjoyed making attempts to control both sticks (aiming gun and walking) it is pretty tough to do I enjoy having to learn how to play a game.

But alas I did enjoy the sports much more.

Yeah, it's just not a good game. Meanwhile, Wii Sports right now is a top3-5 game for the Wii. I'd probably have it after Trauma Center but before Elebits sitting snuggly in 3rd spot. No one really needs to ask what I've got as 1st. =P

Gonna have to hunt down a 60 gig PS3.

Is the PS3 still tough to get a hold of up there? There are literally sitting on the shelves down here. Just yesterday a buddy of mine went to BB looking to see if they had any Wiis, and they had zilch, but had a bunch of PS3s ready to go.

i just got an Xbox 360 yesterday i paid 350.00$ canadian ...brand spanking new withthe wireless manette

next as to be a wii...but those are very hard to find!

i played Rayman and wii sports all weekend! amazing game play...not so so graphics..but its all about gameplay

Is the PS3 still tough to get a hold of up there? There are literally sitting on the shelves down here. Just yesterday a buddy of mine went to BB looking to see if they had any Wiis, and they had zilch, but had a bunch of PS3s ready to go.

No, hunting down a PS3 is kind of an overstatement, I know. It's the same here, theres a lot on the shelves. It's just a matter of when I get the money as opposed to actually finding one. I'm guessing mid-February is when I'll get a PS3? I don't want to get one before Motorstorm comes out otherwise I'll have no games to play on it.

hey jet you seem to know alot about the consoles...i heard that xbox 360 is having a lot of overheating problemes...and that it is suggested to get a third party fan to cool the system down...any help?

hey jet you seem to know alot about the consoles...i heard that xbox 360 is having a lot of overheating problemes...and that it is suggested to get a third party fan to cool the system down...any help?

I believe they fixed that problem after the initial release. Even so, it was only a big problem if you didn't have your system well ventilated. If it's sitting somewhere where it can get some air, it ought to be fine.

I believe they fixed that problem after the initial release. Even so, it was only a big problem if you didn't have your system well ventilated. If it's sitting somewhere where it can get some air, it ought to be fine.

Pretty much what Fanpuck said, any system that was made before January 2006 has the overheating problem. The third-party coolers aren't necessary and more likely ruin the consoles (they melt the entire insides from what I've heard). Microsoft has extended the warranty on every console by a year so it's nothing to worry about. I keep my power block propped up off the ground because it sends out heat in every direction so I like to give it a little more room to breathe and I'd suggest you have your console laying down horizontally. The games tend to fall out when the console is vertical and it scratches the hell out of the disc (happened to my copy of Madden 07) and it allows it to breathe more. Just as long as you allow the console and power block some room to give off heat, you should be fine. The overheating thing isn't even an issue anymore, that was just for the launch consoles.

Wii Rules Japan in 2006

Nintendo takes top honors in next generation race.

by Anoop Gantayat

January 9, 2007 - Despite promises of a million systems at Japanese retail by the end of 2006, Japanese publisher Enterbrain reports today that Sony has managed to sell just 466,716 PS3 units to Japan. This figure covers the period from the Japanese launch on 11/11 to the end of the year.

In comparison, Enterbrain reports that Nintendo managed to sell 989,118 Wii units from the 12/2 launch to the end of the year, with the number quickly jumping over the million mark for a total of 1,135,671 units by 1/7.

The firm didn't provide 2006 results for the Xbox 360, but did list the system as having sold a total of 290,467 units total from its 12/10/2005 launch to the end of 2006. In particular, spurred by the release of Blue Dragon, Microsoft managed to sell 99,798 360 units in December 2006 alone -- the highest month ever for the system (yes, that includes the launch).

Portable gaming has been Japan's big star over the past couple of years. Enterbrain reports total Japanese DS and DS Lite sales from 2004 until the end of 2006 as 13,950,000 units. The PSP, while nowhere near the DS, has managed a respectible 4,510,000 units since its launch.

In the case of the Wii, IGN has had trouble finding a system since launch, making today's reports of a million plus Wiis sold to Japanese consumers all the more impressive.

The PS3, on the other hand, has been readily available since the New Year began. We were able to find a used 60 gig unit today at a major retail for $50 less than the new selling price. This would suggest that the lack of sales is due to more than just supply constraints.

I still cant find a Wii grrr.. at least I got the PS2 to entertain me meanwhile

I bet they could had sold 8 million worldwide by now had they produced that many units.

Probably, the biggest fad right now is the Wii60. Microsoft and Nintendo fanboys are trying to band together to take down Sony. So any 360 fan should get a Wii, basically is what they're saying.

*really wants to play Lair and Lost Planet right now*

Wiiiii get!!! :D:D:D

wiiiidx2.jpg

I'm updating it right now.. is it normal than it takes so long?

I weep for the days when I had the time (and disposable cash) to get and play with systems like this. I keep meaning to get back to Half Life 2 here on the PC, but I never seem to have the time. Sadness. Anyone wanna lend me a grand to get a PS3 and some games?

I should start a mercy fund. lol

funny I was at target last night the Wii's were sold out while the PS3's were packed on a full shelf.

Same story pretty much everywhere. I feel bad for European PS3 fans, kinda sucks for Sony too. They're going at one of the lowest production rates and their system is still easy to find. And Euros have to wait till March (with a rumor it could be delayed until June).

My Wii friend code is : 4307 8633 8512 4645

And I think you already knbow jet, but the Opera browser on the Wii is pure crap :P But atl east it's free.. thankfully I should say, its not even worth 50 cents.

My Wii friend code is : 4307 8633 8512 4645

And I think you already knbow jet, but the Opera browser on the Wii is pure crap :P But atl east it's free.. thankfully I should say, its not even worth 50 cents.

Yeah, it's not the greatest but remember, it's also in Beta version right now. The final version won't be released till the end of March. I don't really have any complaints with the Beta version, I wasn't expecting much to begin with. It lets me able to post without having to leave my couch. USB Keyboard and you're all set to go. =D

I'll add your code, I've got mine in my gamefaqs sig, I'll go hunt it down...

6003 2593 1237 7548

First impressions of the Wii

Wii Sports : Awesome!! I love it.. excepted golf, it needs to die. Even baseball is made enjoyable tough and tennis, boxing and bowling are too cool. Tennis is a notch above the rest tough. I love my Mii too, it really does looks like me :lol:

Zelda : I played the first 30 minutes then I tried Wii Sports and played that a lot more :lol: So I dont really have an impression yet, excepted than I find the graphics very pretty.

Trauma Center : Certainly is.. different from the norm. But then again its why it intrigued me in the first place. I keep messing up because I cant find the right tool quickly enough. If I want to go far i'll have to memorise the shortcuts for each tool.

The controller : Love it! The console has been in my possesion for a little more than 12 hours now and it's already second nature

Wii Shop : Very cool idea, the only flaw is than it's WAY TOO SLOW. Buy more bandwith Nintendo, please! I know you can afford to :lol:

Opera : Sucks.. but eh, it gimme a free Internet backup in case my computer screw up.

Now what to do with that Gamecube of mine.. I think i'll give it to the poor.