Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

just beat call of duty 3 now all I've got left is Gears of War.

You beat it already? Up the level, then. Challenge yourself. Don't use the best guns. Set it to walking only, no running.

what went wrong with ps3? i mean i am going to buy one for sure ( i used to hate Xbox..now proud owner of Xbox360) i just dont understand...i for one cant wait for FF7 remake...i saw a PS# yesterday at wal-mart...left me confused as in if i should of jumped on the occasion to get it...but funds couldbt let me afford it

What didn't go wrong?

Low production, high cost, no games, overheating problems (not really a problem anymore but the first batch had some problems. I feel bad for people that camped out for a week). Development kits cost too much so it's not a console developers want to work with right now. Plus the Wii hype kind of killed any excitement out there for it. It's "improved" online still isn't that great, they did a bad job advertising for it going as far back as E3.

If you're going to get one console for this generation, it definitely shouldn't be the PS3. *cough*360*cough*

:)

Haha, just read this about Trauma Center:

"Many of the patients' names in the English translation of the Nintendo DS videogame Trauma Center: Under the Knife, come from the names of characters or actors on Scrubs and medical drama House. These include patients who are named Eric Dorian, Elliot Cox, Chi McGinley, Linda Reid, Elisa Chalke, Kevin Turk, Jack Reyes, Neil Spence, and Omar Flynn."

"Many of the patients' names in the English translation of the Nintendo DS videogame Trauma Center: Under the Knife, come from the names of characters or actors on Scrubs and medical drama House. These include patients who are named Eric Dorian, Elliot Cox, Chi McGinley, Linda Reid, Elisa Chalke, Kevin Turk, Jack Reyes, Neil Spence, and Omar Flynn."

Dang, I probably would've noticed that if I watched either show. Neat fact though.

Cybil Myers is teh sex in that game. <3

So a woman died over a Wii...

SACRAMENTO, Calif. Jan 13, 2007 (AP)? A woman who competed in a radio station's contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication, the coroner's office said Saturday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

"She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad," said Laura Rios, one of Strange's co-workers at Radiological Associates of Sacramento. "She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her."

It was not immediately know how much water Strange consumed.

A preliminary investigation found evidence "consistent with a water intoxication death," said assistant Coroner Ed Smith.

John Geary, vice president and marketing manager for Entercom Sacramento, the station's owner, said station personnel were stunned when they heard of Strange's death.

"We are awaiting information that will help explain how this tragic event occurred," he said.

Initially, contestants were handed eight-ounce bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes.

"They were small little half-pint bottles, so we thought it was going to be easy," said fellow contestant James Ybarra of Woodland. "They told us if you don't feel like you can do this, don't put your health at risk."

Ybarra said he quit after drinking five bottles. "My bladder couldn't handle it anymore," he added.

After he quit, he said, the remaining contestants, including Strange, were given even bigger bottles to drink.

"I was talking to her and she was a nice lady," Ybarra said. "She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for kids.

o_O

And I finished Trauma Center, pre-ordered Wii Play and got Zelda; Collector Edition for 30 bucks!!! :)

Now im playin 3 Zelda at once :lol:

I've also noticed a Grey's Anatomy mention. The guy has no first name (well he does but I didn't check his medical profile). Mr.Heigl.

With any luck, I'll be getting one Sunday morning.

I'd honestly suggest Warioware right now as the best starting game. Obviously theres Zelda and other games too but if you really want to use the Wiimote the way it's meant to be, get Warioware.

I'd honestly suggest Warioware right now as the best starting game. Obviously theres Zelda and other games too but if you really want to use the Wiimote the way it's meant to be, get Warioware.

I doubt I'll get Zelda. I've never played a Zeldo game before, and I'm not a big fan of that type of game. I've heard Red Steel isn't perfect, but it still interests me the most. Either it or Call of Duty, though I haven't heard much good about that game.

Anyways, what exactly is Warioware?

It got a 9.1 from GS. Thats like...an 11/10 anywhere else. Gamespot hates Nintendo (they have this little clubhouse they share with EGM where they throw darts at Reggie's face. It's a little creepy).

And don't call a Warioware game lame. :angry:

^You gotta admit the case is ugly looking tough :lol:

Personally I have Zelda, Trauma Center and Wii Sports and while I strongly recomend all of them, Wii Sports wins so far for the sheer fun factor. This game is really what the Wii : No pretention , simple and not ashamed of it, just plain FUN.

..frankly I put Zelda last out of those 3, altough its still a solid game.

^You gotta admit the case is ugly looking tough :lol:

Personally I have Zelda, Trauma Center and Wii Sports and while I strongly recomend all of them, Wii Sports wins so far for the sheer fun factor. This game is really what the Wii : No pretention , simple and not ashamed of it, just plain FUN.

..frankly I put Zelda last out of those 3, altough its still a solid game.

Hey man, theres nothing wrong with a neon pink case. :P

Seriously, it's about 10x brighter then that Wiki picture. :lol: As for Zelda, I really wasn't too impressed until I got about halfway through. Then it REALLY picked up but the beginning was really mundane. Really good game overall though.

Only one Target is gonna have any Wiis, so I'll probably try there first. If I fail there, I'll head over to Best Buy, where they have 47. 47 is not a multiple of 3 (Wii's are shipped in threes) so that is fishy. I'd say friends of employees got lucky.