Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

It's not Wii related, but NES, so this thread is close enough. As much as I love video games, I never was able to beat any of the Mario Bros. games on the original NES. This has obviously been a dark hole in my video gaming resume. Being bored over the weekend, I decided for the first time in years to try and beat those two games. I discovered that playing Mario 3 all the way through instead of using the whistles is the way to go and beat it on Sunday. Made it to Bowser's Castle for the first time in the first game last night and was able to beat it completely today, even beating it on the more difficult setting after beating it the first time. Finally glad the shame of being a gaming enthusiast who hasn't beat those games is gone now, haha.

You want to build a decent gaming resume? Beat all Zelda and Final Fantasy games (well not FF XI because that one doesn't really count, neither will XIV. They need to keep the MMORPGs separate from the numbered titles).

I get pissed off when I die in the NES Mario games now. I beat that shit when I was 3, I should be able to do it 20 years later (Holy shit, it's been 20 years, I feel old).

Something Wii related: Red Steel 2 is apparently good. Atleast from what I've heard from people pirating the game, theres no reviews yet.

• 1 month later...
The question is, how long will Zelda be delayed when it starts getting closer to release time?

Well, they're saying at the latest it'll be Christmas 2010. Nintendo always loves to leave their delays to the last second though. I'm sure it'll get a hard release date at E3. I read another rumor that it's going to be a sequel to Majora's Mask which is really, really exciting. MM itself was a sequel to Ocarina of Time.

• 1 year later...

So, Jets, Skyward Sword came out 4 days ago and you haven't mentioned it. I'm shocked.

:lol:

It's on my Christmas list, the version that came with the special controller. I'm pretty much just going to play nothing but Skyrim until then. I am freaking amped for it though, fighting the urge to download it.

:lol:

It's on my Christmas list, the version that came with the special controller. I'm pretty much just going to play nothing but Skyrim until then. I am freaking amped for it though, fighting the urge to download it.

I have it, its amazing!!!!

Truly the best Zelda ever made...

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing Mass Effect yesterday. I played for like 3 hours and hardly accomplished anything. I can totally see getting lost in this game. Not lost like I don't know what to do, but absorbed by it.

I'm glad you like it, the sequel is even better. Well, it's a lot more action oriented which understandably turns some people off but I liked it more than the first.

I adore both though.

Can't wait for Mass Effect 3.

Yeah, same.

With how good this fall has been, I'm pretty happy it was delayed. There's nothing too notable coming out near it's new release date (except the Vita, I guess)so I'll be able to devote a whole bunch of time to it.

Did you hear about Bioware's screwup though? Some demo or something was accidentally released on Xbox Live and the game's entire story was revealed. I'm a little vague on the details though since I avoided most of the articles, I didn't want to spoil the game.

My TV still hasn't shown up. Big disappoint.

I still have Saints Row the Third to mess around with, and I'll finally get a chance to see what Gears of War looks like in 1080p...

Skyrim should be in my hands Christmas. I'm going to live in that game because I get about 10 days off work.

I can't wait for SWTOR! I've pretty much been reading and watching and listening to podcasts all about it, so HabsWorld time is being limited. 9 days until early play, yet I'm still waiting for the email for when I get to play early, it will probably be closer to 13 days for me. I've never been more excited for a game until this. Can't believe I missed the beta. I can't even sleep! :scared:

Skyrim should be in my hands Christmas. I'm going to live in that game because I get about 10 days off work.

And I have to do this...

Yeah I used to own Oblivion

until I took an arrow to the knee.

...I've been up too long... :huh:

• Upvote 1

Jokes right? :rofl:

Star Wars MMO made by Bioware, same as Mass Effect. I'm so pumped I just had a dream I was updating my RAM and playing the game.

I think it's more worth mentioning it's the same people who made Knights of the Old Republic (Not only the best Star Wars game ever made but one of the best games period) than Mass Effect. Especially since it's an extension of that series (well just the first since Obsidian made 2)

But until it's FTP, I'm not going to give a crap about the game at all. Gaming in 2011 is done as of today as far as I'm concerned. Subscription MMOs can screw off.

Jokes right? :rofl:

Star Wars MMO made by Bioware, same as Mass Effect. I'm so pumped I just had a dream I was updating my RAM and playing the game.

Nope. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I had no idea they were coming out with a new game. I guess I might have seen something a while back, but was so discouraged by recent SW game efforts that I didn't really take note of a new game coming. Other than the Lego games, I haven't enjoyed a SW game since Jedi Academy. Gave KOTOR a try, but didn't really like it. I used to not like RPGs, though I think I'm coming around. Would Zelda and/or Mass Effect be considered RPGs?

I think it's more worth mentioning it's the same people who made Knights of the Old Republic (Not only the best Star Wars game ever made but one of the best games period) than Mass Effect. Especially since it's an extension of that series (well just the first since Obsidian made 2)

But until it's FTP, I'm not going to give a crap about the game at all. Gaming in 2011 is done as of today as far as I'm concerned. Subscription MMOs can screw off.

Indeed, KOTOR was excellent and SWTOR is basically KOTOR 3 Online.

As for MMO's, I've always liked the concept, yet WoW got really annoying faster than I thought. The stupid thing was I started playing again before I realized the TOR was on beta! Epic fail! I understand MMO's can suck because it's just a money thing. Still going to play SW though.

Nope. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I had no idea they were coming out with a new game. I guess I might have seen something a while back, but was so discouraged by recent SW game efforts that I didn't really take note of a new game coming. Other than the Lego games, I haven't enjoyed a SW game since Jedi Academy. Gave KOTOR a try, but didn't really like it. I used to not like RPGs, though I think I'm coming around. Would Zelda and/or Mass Effect be considered RPGs?

Cool. Lego SW was fun and Jedi Academy was awesome online every now and then. RPG's have been my thing ever since Earthbound on SNES and Shining Force II on Sega.

I have a PS2 right now, yet I rarely play it. Maybe I'll upgrade to a new console in the future, yet right now Star Wars The Old Republic has my full attention. Even more so than the Habs currently do (probably due to the standings, lackluster play with minimal wins and stagnant .500 record).

Back to games....

WoW felt endless! I was having fun for awhile, then I abandoned some quests and my perfect game was ruined. And since I started so late from launch there was just TOO much content, and I didn't even have the oh so many upgrades that went with it, so I choose to be part of the Star Wars launch, start at the beginning with lore that I really enjoy, and like.. lightsabers!

Almost time to go get that extra 2GB of RAM.

/rant