Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Ok, just leaving the Wii topic for a second but still about video games...

Has anyone played Guitar Hero yet? We had this little get-together all night last night and my friend brought it over. Almost had it on my Christmas list last year but decided against it in favor of Shadow of the Colossus. Holy shit, that game is fun. First thing this morning, I went over to EB and got the last one.

And then to keep this post Wii related, I managed to find Trauma Center at the same time. Still haven't played it yet though.

Guitar Hero and Singstar could be the best "pre-night-out" thing to do...

Guitar Hero II is even better but my hope is that there will be a version with Playstation 3 that let you download all the great songs. I want to play a whole Van Halen concert!

Guitar Hero and Singstar could be the best "pre-night-out" thing to do...

Guitar Hero II is even better but my hope is that there will be a version with Playstation 3 that let you download all the great songs. I want to play a whole Van Halen concert!

Me and my friend were talking about being able to upload songs from your iPod for it but it doesn't seem feasible to insert a random beat generator into the game for that though.

I like the playlist in the first one better and I'm STILL puzzled how Back In Black goes unnoticed for two games.

I got a wii and I love it.

got zelda and dragon ball z for it.

Awesome, I've got DBZ on my christmas list. Still might take it off in favor of Elebits though.

:wacko:

Where did you order from?

Amazon.com marketplace, from USA-WORLD-SALES. I've always had great luck with the marketplace, until now. Got tons of new textbooks before, often for less than half the price the school bookstore was selling them used.

Is there any kind of complaint section where you can get refunded or are you just basically screwed?

I emailed the seller demanding refund information, but I'm thinking that after paying shipping both ways, I might as well just keep the stupid things and hope they work fine. I seriously doubt they will pay for the shipping, even though they lied about the product. Hell, they aren't even the right color!

I emailed the seller demanding refund information, but I'm thinking that after paying shipping both ways, I might as well just keep the stupid things and hope they work fine. I seriously doubt they will pay for the shipping, even though they lied about the product. Hell, they aren't even the right color!

That sucks man, happened to me (kind of) on Ebay last year. I paid for the product but the seller never sent it, said I was too late on the payment. I sent it on time but I guess the mail slowed it down. Really pissed me off.

What brand are they? I've head Inctec's are fairly decent.

That sucks man, happened to me (kind of) on Ebay last year. I paid for the product but the seller never sent it, said I was too late on the payment. I sent it on time but I guess the mail slowed it down. Really pissed me off.

What brand are they? I've head Inctec's are fairly decent.

They are HipGear, made in Mississauga. They sold me offbrand Canadian merchandise!

They even have the controllers they sent me listed on Amazon, so they can't use excuse that their exact item wasn't listed.

at my local game shop they're selling the entire dreamcast system for 25 bucks plus controllers and games lol. The SNES goes for 75 bucks and NES 100.

Wow. You can get NES's at the university for 10 bucks, SNES for 20 and N64 for 30.

Fanpuck, I've never even heard of HipGear. :wacko: Let's hope they last.

mmm

Japanese hardware sales Nov 13 - 19, 2006

DS Lite 128,621

PlayStation3 42,099

PSP 16,990

PlayStation2 15,068

XBOX360 4,050

GBA-SP 1,199

GB Micro 1,037

Gamecube 514

DS 182

GBA 30

XBOX 6

Total Sold for current year

DS Lite 5,753,904

PSP 1,509,286

PlayStation2 1,247,989

DS 956,985

GBA-SP 212,404

GB-Micro 134,232

PlayStaion3 123,738

XBOX360 99,443

Gamecube 70,663

GBA 3,243

XBOX 1,705

http://www.the-magicbox.com/topten.htm

If the sales thing is supposed to be Wii related, the Wii isn't out in Japan until tomorrow...

And the DS has been owning since it came out, have to mention that. Awesome, awesome little device. The best thing about handhelds is you don't have to camp out for them. Theres an EB 15 minutes from my high school, walked up there during a spare period and bought one. :D

If the sales thing is supposed to be Wii related, the Wii isn't out in Japan until tomorrow..

I know it's not really Wii related for now but it's videogames related so I tought it would be okay to post that here :)

I know it's not really Wii related for now but it's videogames related so I tought it would be okay to post that here :)

Ah, I thought so. Just making sure :)

I'm actually surprised at how well the Micro is selling. And I feel bad for the original DS. Yes, I still have the battle armor DS (as I like to refer to it). I remember about a month before the PSP came out, the Sony fanboys started up about how it would be better (sales show which is better. I bought both but thought way more of the DS. Finally sold the PSP, it was only good for portable ROM playing and movies). So I suggested we throw the two handhelds at each other and see which one survives. :lol:

Most stores next shipments are on December 3rd if anyone still wants to hunt one down. Best Buy and Circuit City is confirmed, EB/Gamestop is either today or on the 3rd and Wal-Mart is either the 3rd or the 6th.

Got the info from the Wii board at Gamefaqs, we've got a bunch of users keeping track for people who still haven't gotten one. =P

Most stores next shipments are on December 3rd if anyone still wants to hunt one down. Best Buy and Circuit City is confirmed, EB/Gamestop is either today or on the 3rd and Wal-Mart is either the 3rd or the 6th.

Got the info from the Wii board at Gamefaqs, we've got a bunch of users keeping track for people who still haven't gotten one. =P

Yeah, that's what I've been reading too. Stores like GameStop get a few in each day via UPS, while the big stores like BB and CC are hoarding their shipments for weekly releases on Sundays. (No store gets a shipment on Sunday.) Then there is Target, which is supposed to hoard Wiis for Sunday, but many stores aren't paying attention to that and are selling them as they get them. People posted the Wii's SKU # so you can check availability on their little item scanner dohickies.

However, I just read that someone whose paper delivers Sunday Ads in their Saturday paper, the Best Buy ad says nothing about Wiis. Hopefully that is just in their area.

Granted, there's no way I'm camping out, which you still have to do to get one. It's going to be below zero out there on Sunday morning.

I searched pretty much every store that sell videogames and no one has Wii left

I understood I had no chance to get one when the Loblaws guy told me I was the 30th to ask him today about the Wii.. it was 10:30AM.. Most people dont even know than Loblaws sell videogames.

So I wake up this morning and my slot is glowing in all it's blue glory. So I fire it up and it tells me theres an update for the system. So I get all excited and start thinking maybe the Internet browser is finally ready for the forecast browser is ready earlier then expected.

Nope.

It added Parental Controls. You can see how excited I am.

o yes, I'm sure it will prevent your young eyes from seeing things they shouldnt ;):P