Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

So I cashed some Savings Bonds in today and then went over to Futureshop to do some christmas shopping. Saw Red Steel was on sale (and like, REALLY on sale. Not one of those save 5 bucks sales) and picked it up. Close to beating Zelda so I need some backup to tide me over till Christmas. It's gotten mixed reviews but I was really excited about it after E3 so I caved today. I never agree with critics anyway.

Instead of buying new games, how about plaing that FF12 you got? :P

*should follow his own advice and stop buying so many games while he have many unfinished ones*

FF...12?

Oh yeahhh...I vaguely remember that game...:P

I've bought a bunch of games after it too and finished all of those, I'm too lazy to play through FF12 right now. I think I said before that would happen. I bought FF12 and then F.E.A.R the next day. I beat F.E.A.R the day before Gears of War came out. I beat Gears of War a week before the Wii came out and got hooked on NHL 07 again. Now I've got the Wii and I'm hooked on that.

Like I said with 12, I won't get to it until January. :P

It was really weird. I stood in line with one friend, but when I was at the counter my friend was replaced by a different thread. Then as I wandered around the store trying to find the accessories, I remember knocking over a bicycle and not being able to pick it up for some reason. Amazing I could get deep enough asleep in an hour to have such a vivid dream.

The Wii is by far the best thing i ever tried when it comes to systems, Nintendo is the only way to go and Getting Zelda with the Wii just made me worship a new god.

The system is just great, the way the sensor is with the nunchuk and other thing i don't know what the call it is just amazing.

The light pulses when you get messages from other Wii users you know its just simply to sick.

Can't wait till Nhl 2007 comes out for it ! :D

I had that dream for two weeks, every night leading up to the Wii release. You can see why I camped out now.

You camped out :P i got it the day after it came out :) ahh the convinience of pre-orders :D

I gave up getting a Wii before 2007. I'm happy for Nintendo tough, I'm glad to see them turning things arround.

I gave up getting a Wii before 2007. I'm happy for Nintendo tough, I'm glad to see them turning things arround.

is it true that the SONY are having major probleme with theyre new console???? so ive heard...saying they cant adjust the Blu-ray good enough...saynig that 3 out of 5 consoles are defective....any updates please...

is it true that the SONY are having major probleme with theyre new console???? so ive heard...saying they cant adjust the Blu-ray good enough...saynig that 3 out of 5 consoles are defective....any updates please...

Dunno about that, but theyve only been able to ship less than 200,000 to north america for christmas, with no further shipments scheduled. Their goal was 400,000

Yes they have lots of bugs in them.

Originaly it wasnt sapose to be released it but they did because all the competition was at this point. The owner and creator said they will have bugs and that it would be Extremly expensive to afford if your young with out a steady job.

ANd since they lose 250$ on eevery consol..where do you think they will make their markup...Games...so their games im sure will be risen to a higher amount.

PS3 Games are already 69.99 CDN... thats pushing it IMO , I personally hesistate to pay more than 45 for a game.. I only pay that much for the games im sure to love like FF12 for instance.

On another hand tough, devlopments cost are increasing exponentially as the graphics improve so we cant blame the companies for trying to reduce their losses...

The Wii is by far the best thing i ever tried when it comes to systems, Nintendo is the only way to go and Getting Zelda with the Wii just made me worship a new god.

The system is just great, the way the sensor is with the nunchuk and other thing i don't know what the call it is just amazing.

The light pulses when you get messages from other Wii users you know its just simply to sick.

Can't wait till Nhl 2007 comes out for it ! :D

You camped out :P i got it the day after it came out :) ahh the convinience of pre-orders :D

NHL 07 isn't coming out for it, EA doesn't release their NHL games when a new console comes out. 06 wasn't out for the 360 launch either, they want some time to refine the game. It paid off for the 360 so I'm sure it will for the Wii and PS3 too.

And I went to EB 4 hours early to pre-order (technicamping) but they didn't have enough for everyone. I think like 2 or 3 people in front of me got the last Wii pre-order. Gaming stores are horrible to get new consoles at.

And why would you get it the day after it came out if you pre-ordered it? Wouldn't you be there right as the store opens? Besides, the camping out was one of the best and most fun things I've ever done. I don't regret it for a second.

Yeah, the console was nowhere near ready for launch. I've heard about lots of overheating problems and whatnot. At this point, it's looking like a worse launch then the 360 one. Me and my friend were just talking about, we were wondering why Sony had to get it out because Nintendo was releasing theirs. With the already massive fanbase the PS2 had, Sony could've launched the PS3 whenever the hell they wanted and still sold out everywhere.

Sony just has not looked good in the past year. Really dropped the ball on a lot of things. Kinda sucks.

PS3 Games are already 69.99 CDN... thats pushing it IMO , I personally hesistate to pay more than 45 for a game.. I only pay that much for the games im sure to love like FF12 for instance.

On another hand tough, devlopments cost are increasing exponentially as the graphics improve so we cant blame the companies for trying to reduce their losses...

You must not remember the days of 64 cartridges, those things were even more. I bought Spiderman and Harvest Moon for 100 bucks each. I'll never complain about the current prices when I was paying 80-100 bucks as a 12 year old. :puke:

Yeah, I guess theres supposed to be a massive amount available on Sunday so it should be interesting to see how it goes.

Good luck to anyone who tries to grab one, accessories are stupidly hard to find right now. I asked for the Classic Controller for Christmas but chances are really good I won't get it. I asked for some Wii Points cards too but those are hard to find as well. If I don't get those, I'll just as my dad on Christmas morning if I can borrow his credit card and purchase them straight from the Wii. I have to play Gunstar Heroes and Ice Hockey.

Also something people have been speculating about (no one important, just fans). The VC gets new games every Monday and StarFox 64, Mario Kart 64 and Ocarina Of Time were all put in for ESRB consideration a month. So since Christmas is on a Monday (and Nintendo has released virtually NOTHING for the VC thus far) people think atleast one of those games should be available. It's not really that far-fetched either. If Mario Kart or StarFox is available on Christmas morning, I'd be the happiest person alive.

Good luck to anyone who tries to grab one, accessories are stupidly hard to find right now. I asked for the Classic Controller for Christmas but chances are really good I won't get it.

Why get a classic controller? The GameCube controller covers all the same functions as the classic controller.

Why get a classic controller? The GameCube controller covers all the same functions as the classic controller.

I know that, I originally posted it. But for a decent SNES layout (which the Gamecube controller isn't suited for at all) you have to get the Classic Controller. It's better made for the VC and not as awkward to use. It's not like it's expensive anyway, it's only 20 bucks.