Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Sorry, Mario Kart is turning into Mario Party. Even the Wii couldn't save Mario Party.

I'll give you that. However, it's a fun game. Most of the time, a game's original release is usually the best and then it kind of goes down hill(ala James Bond games with EA). The thing with Mario Kart is it's still fun to play. Even if it's not as great, it's not a complete failure.

I'll give you that. However, it's a fun game. Most of the time, a game's original release is usually the best and then it kind of goes down hill(ala James Bond games with EA). The thing with Mario Kart is it's still fun to play. Even if it's not as great, it's not a complete failure.

Thats true but I've got MK DS (which is basically a portable version of 64 with online play) and MK 64 on my Wii and thats still the height of the franchise for me so I see no need to get the newest one. I remember being really excited for DD and got it for christmas, I was so dissapointed with it.

But yeah, to each their own, gaming is basically all subjective anyway. Theres a few games where you can give someone a weird look if they think it sucks but not many.

Thats true but I've got MK DS (which is basically a portable version of 64 with online play) and MK 64 on my Wii and thats still the height of the franchise for me so I see no need to get the newest one. I remember being really excited for DD and got it for christmas, I was so dissapointed with it.

But yeah, to each their own, gaming is basically all subjective anyway. Theres a few games where you can give someone a weird look if they think it sucks but not many.

Yea I got MK DS myself. Agreed.

I'm buying it anyways as my sisters want it so meh. We shall see if it was really worth it. The only game I think I've ever got that turned out to be a real fail was Lost Planet. I played it once and never touched it again. :lol:

I really liked Lost Planet but it wasn't good enough to keep me interested over time. I got to a mech battle that I had trouble with near the middle of the game and never touched it again until I traded it in.

I really liked Lost Planet but it wasn't good enough to keep me interested over time. I got to a mech battle that I had trouble with near the middle of the game and never touched it again until I traded it in.

Yep. The heat thingy or whatever... that was the killer for me. It was original but annoying IMO.

Yep. The heat thingy or whatever... that was the killer for me. It was original but annoying IMO.

Oh, there was something similar to that in Metroid Prime 2. It's the main reason why I hate it and stopped playing halfway through, haha

Well I got Mario Kart Wii and I have to say that's it's quite a lot of fun to play. Glad I got it.

The annoying part though is on 150cc, I'm usually first and then I get nailed with a blue flying shell then a red shell and finish 8th. Those bastards.:P The motorcycles are fun to use as well.

• 1 month later...

I'm late to the party but I just got Mario Kart Wii!

My Code : 0559 7991 3280

I added ya Fanpuck, hope you dont mind :)

I'm late to the party but I just got Mario Kart Wii!

My Code : 0559 7991 3280

I added ya Fanpuck, hope you dont mind :)

Hmm, you sure you entered my number correctly and/or posted your correct code? I entered yours last night and it still says we're not friends. I double checked the code I posted and it is correct, and I double checked that I punched in the code you posted. Looking forward to some racing.

Sometimes it takes a while for Nintendo's servers to register two people have friended each other.

While PSN and Live are kicking ass, Nintendo decided to carve their online network out of a stone tablet. Other then the insanely bad 3rd party support, the online network is the only other thing I hate about the Wii.

Edited by jetsniper

Surely that's what happened Jets. I checked right now and Fanpuck appears on my friend list. Your mii name is Bozo right? Actually looks somewhat likes mine!

Surely that's what happened Jets. I checked right now and Fanpuck appears on my friend list. Your mii name is Bozo right? Actually looks somewhat likes mine!

Yeah, I've had that problem as well as other people I talk to. It's a little annoying but nothing major.

• 1 month later...

So, how much do you think Nintendo will charge for the MotionPlus addon for the Wii remote? They'd better release it free with games, otherwise it's total BS. It's already 60 bucks for the remote-nunchuk combo, I can't imagine paying even more to have a complete controller.

So, how much do you think Nintendo will charge for the MotionPlus addon for the Wii remote? They'd better release it free with games, otherwise it's total BS. It's already 60 bucks for the remote-nunchuk combo, I can't imagine paying even more to have a complete controller.

Haha, it won't be free, you can count on that. This is essentially the same thing as the Expansion Pak for the N64. Had to shell out another 80 bucks for marginally improved graphics in order to play Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark and Majora's Mask. Although now that I think about it, the Expansion Pak did come with DK 64 but it was more expensive then regular games. I'd imagine it'd be about 40 bucks if they want to be reasonable or they could stick with a game and charge 80 bucks.

Nintendo has a reputation for releasing all these add-ons though and then never utilizing them.

And since I'm in the Wii thread, I'm really freaking excited about The Conduit. I just hope they can find a publisher because the Wii NEEDS a game like it desperately. The saturation of the market with these crappy family friendly party games is really depressing. I pretty much just play my VC games now.

And since I'm in the Wii thread, I'm really freaking excited about The Conduit. I just hope they can find a publisher because the Wii NEEDS a game like it desperately. The saturation of the market with these crappy family friendly party games is really depressing. I pretty much just play my VC games now.

Yeah, third party gaming has been pretty bad for the Wii. I really though after the way it sold that companies would put a good effort into Wii games. I just rented MLB 2k8 and I don't think they even bothered testing it. In the top of the 9th I have my closer in with a man on 3rd and 2 outs. The batter grounds out to first, but they give them the run anyway. I hit a walkoff homer in the bottom of the 9th, and I see they credited my closer with a save. Then I simmed ahead like I do with Madden, and the game automatically changed the season length to one month for the second and all other seasons. And the contracts in the game weren't even correct. They had Francisco Cordero correctly on the Reds, but on a one year deal, instead of his 4 year contract that was how he got to be on the Reds, so you know the contract was before the roster pack. Appalling game, despite the fact the gameplay itself isn't too bad. I worry about NHL 2k9 because of how bad their baseball game is.

If not for the Nintendo games, I would regret buying it. Pretty much everything else either sucks or is better on other systems.

Well the NHL 2k series has been pretty bad anyway since NHL 2k5 so I'm probably not going to be excited until EA announces their NHL game. And even then, I'd rather buy it on the 360 because of the way better online service and anyone I know who would play NHL has a 360 and not a Wii. I'm hoping EA takes a look at online dynasty for this years NCAA and puts something like that in NHL, it looks pretty cool. It even includes recruiting and everything, you compete for prospects with all of the other players in your league.

Nintendo aiming the Wii at everyone has kinda come back to bite hardcore gamers in the butt. The great 3rd party games directed at the older audience just don't sell well at all. It's led to No More Heroes being criminally underplayed and unappreciated.

But you're right, if it weren't for Nintendo games then I wouldn't play my Wii much at all.

I played the Wii for the first time this past weekend... not too bad. Played Smash bros and Mario Kart. I rocked at Smash Bros even if it was my first time playing on the system (though, the competition wasn't too great)... lol

Nintendo aiming the Wii at everyone has kinda come back to bite hardcore gamers in the butt. The great 3rd party games directed at the older audience just don't sell well at all. It's led to No More Heroes being criminally underplayed and unappreciated.

I really disliked that game. It was just as linear as the Lost game and I cared less about the story, which was ridiculous. Hmm, I need money for games so I think I'll take on a murder for hire. Really? The jobs in between fights were so stupid. Do I really need to run into trees to knock coconuts down and mow the grass? Seriously? And how silly was the way you recharged the sword's energy? Hilarious, but really dumb looking.

I really disliked that game. It was just as linear as the Lost game and I cared less about the story, which was ridiculous. Hmm, I need money for games so I think I'll take on a murder for hire. Really? The jobs in between fights were so stupid. Do I really need to run into trees to knock coconuts down and mow the grass? Seriously? And how silly was the way you recharged the sword's energy? Hilarious, but really dumb looking.

I have no idea what you are talking about but it seems hilarious.

Hahaha, it was anything but like the Lost game. The artistic style was basically on par with anything else Suda has done and the combat was top notch. The jobs in between assassination missions hardly took much time and the game was pretty open to explore and level up Travis. I loved the retro soundtrack as well along with the corny dialogue, it made me laugh. The story and character development was top notch as well, definitely a call back to what he did with Killer7/

(and recharging the sword was supposed to look like you were masturbating, it's just part of Suda51's humor, something he gets praised for)

I still preferred Killer7 but No More Heroes was a great addition to his collection of work. It's a great game if you give it a chance, something it sounds like you didn't Fanpuck. Actually if you cut out the rehashes on the Wii, No More Heroes comes in at #9 for the Wii, ahead of games like Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, Warioware and The Godfather.

Anyway, just getting all set to watch Nintendo's press conference, it should be starting shortly. All I know to expect is that moronic add-on and Animal Crossing.

Thank god they're utilizing the balance board, that seemed like one expensive add-on they wouldn't use after that. First game they announced was Shaun White's Snowboarding and now they've got Shaun White on stage and they're just demoing the game. Looks like it could be fun though.

Intro was super boring, it was just this woman talking about how she wants to be a good mom. Where the hell is Reggie, dammit! (wait, who cares, it's Iwata!)

Dammit, Iwata did nothing but tell everyone how awesome Nintendo is.

They're showing off Animal Crossing now though, woo!

(Holy crap, they announced this microphone thingy but it's not like a headset. It lets a whole room of players talk with another whole room of players. Looks like they'll package it with Animal Crossing)

Edited by Fanpuck33

Hahaha, it was anything but like the Lost game. The artistic style was basically on par with anything else Suda has done and the combat was top notch. The jobs in between assassination missions hardly took much time and the game was pretty open to explore and level up Travis. I loved the retro soundtrack as well along with the corny dialogue, it made me laugh. The story and character development was top notch as well, definitely a call back to what he did with Killer7/

(and recharging the sword was supposed to look like you were masturbating, it's just part of Suda51's humor, something he gets praised for)

I still preferred Killer7 but No More Heroes was a great addition to his collection of work. It's a great game if you give it a chance, something it sounds like you didn't Fanpuck. Actually if you cut out the rehashes on the Wii, No More Heroes comes in at #9 for the Wii, ahead of games like Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, Warioware and The Godfather.

Artistic style didn't make the game enjoyable. I also disagree about the story, the whole premise was just ridiculous. Some random guy decides to kill people for money and then gets obsessed with being the best. One of the more preposterous premises to a game I've played. I realize the sword charging was supposed to be funny, and it was, the first time. After that it just became kinda annoying.

I did give it a chance, I played it through the third or fourth assassination mission. Whichever one was the chick who got stronger the more you hurt her. The whole game was just tedious for me. Levels were pretty much button mashers, I didn't care about the story, found the corny dialogue silly, and basically only enjoyed the boss battles.

Thats not even half the game, no you didn't. Most people agree it's one of the better games for the Wii out there. Ot's ok not to like but don't make it sound like the worst game ever.

Nintendo showing off more games. It's getting another Star Wars game, a new Rayman game and now a new Call of Duty game.

Nintendo just confirmed Spore will see the DS.

A GTA game for the DS!

Showing off the game MotionPlus will be packaged with, Wii Sports Resort. Looks like it's just beach games. Holy moly, one of the game is sword fighting. Sweet.

Edited by jetsniper