Kostitsyn returned to Hamilton

huzer

Like he did with Dandy in his first game back, I wouldn't be surprised if Carbo has Cube playing 4th line forward on Wednesday..........just to get a taste of game action........also since Minnesota is a fast team, it would be unfair to expect too much from Cube for his first game this year.......as for the Kosty situation, I think he played well enough to be considered for another look later on this year......Unless there is a pending trade, which I doubt, I can't see anybody else aside from Plex centering Kovy & Sammy........It is very obvious that Kovy is favoring his knee.......in the past few games when he's been hit, he's fallen very easily to the ice, which tells me that he's trying not to put any pressure on his injured knee by bracing up against it..........kudos to Kovy for playing through it, however his presence at center (especially on faceoffs) is hurting the club --> end of experiment.

Move Ninimaa to the wing...not that fool Kozed, i prefer that to Dandenault checking role on the 4ht line because we need that right D at his position.

Ninimaa his extremely fast and since he is kinda strong he would be tough to remove the puck from at the opposite end, better than Murray actually.

does this roster move imply a trade? I havent heard anything to that effect, but im trying to understand...

I was thinking the same thing. Spector says we might be an option for Phoenix who apparently WILL have a new goalie (Aebi) by tomorrow (won't believe it until I see it). Biron and the usual suspects have also been rumoured.

Also, Higgins isn't back yet. Are we going with Murray - Begin - Downey on the 4th? Where does Pleks go? What about Perezhogin?

We might have a shortcoming in the roster up front and the demotion of Kosty has me thinking something might happen.

We'll see soon I guess. Probably nothing.

I wouldn't mind seeing Niinimaa dressed and used as a forward, who knows? :P

The thought has also crossed my mind. He is fast and wouldn't be a liability up front. Also his D prowess might help with backchecking

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Maybe Steven Reinprecht from Phoenix could be our fix, heard his shoulder is ok and Perrault is doing really fine replacing him.

That is a very good idea.

Reinprecht has been good everywhere he has played and always gives 100%. Higgins reminds me of Reinprecht.

Trade Niniimaa or Aebi for him straight up.

That is a very good idea.

Reinprecht has been good everywhere he has played and always gives 100%. Higgins reminds me of Reinprecht.

Trade Niniimaa or Aebi for him straight up.

As far as Kostitsyn coming back for another look, I would consider Carbonneau's comments that a player in the NHL must be willing to "eat some boards" if that player wants to stay in the NHL to mean that Kostitsyn's lack of willingness to go into the corners and losing the one on one battles was noted and not appreciated by the coach. I would not be surprised to see him go in a trade.

As far as Kostitsyn coming back for another look, I would consider Carbonneau's comments that a player in the NHL must be willing to "eat some boards" if that player wants to stay in the NHL to mean that Kostitsyn's lack of willingness to go into the corners and losing the one on one battles was noted and not appreciated by the coach. I would not be surprised to see him go in a trade.

:wacko:

For those who caught Sportscenter on RDS.

Habs are playing with 7 defensemen tomorrow (Niinimaa gets scratched).

Carbo sent Kostitsyn down because he didn't like his work ethic.

i need more expliation for this....he seemed to be the only one actually trying to score a goal on the second line...the hell??

i need more expliation for this....he seemed to be the only one actually trying to score a goal on the second line...the hell??

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20061121...acheid=20061121 Little blurb titled "Kostitsyn, manque d’intensité"

Dixit Carbo: "Talent is there, its obvious. He had a good game against Ottawa and showed us good things. But intensity wasnt there. I can understand that a guy who has 5, 6, 7 years of experience can take a night off now and then. But a 1st year player should be eating the boards [ie. be hungry, intense] and we didnt see it. He knows it and its something he'll have to work on."