NHL will go forward with new jerseys.

MK19

this is simply a repeat of a post i made on the parallel string:

call me an old man... call me a traditionalist... call me conservative... call me a dinosaur... call me whatever but the idea STILL BITES!

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugly ducklings.

and they won't turn into swans either...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Does anyone have any info or pics regarding the new uniforms. I saw the new allstars jerseys and there look pretty cool. Any thoughts?

i think someone had posted a thread like this earlier this year and hand a picture of them...might want to look in the older threads...not sure if it was in habs talk or around the nhl

Hey I'll try anything once...

but if it makes me look fat or shows off my beer belly; we will have issues.

Seriously, the people will speak with their wallets. And eventually we shall have justice and peace in the game of high fashion on the ICE!

GO HABS GO!

I don't like 'em. There is nohing wrong with what we have now. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

We wouldn't have one of the most classic jerseys if they changed it every time the fashion winds blew across North America.

I would be surprised if those are the actual jerseys... I'm sure the NHL will make some changes to those posted. I can't imagine them tinkering too much with the orginal six, other than making them more modern. I hate change but i know it's necessary. Can't wait to see them at the All-Star Game... And why isn't Chris Higgins playing in the young guns game?

And why isn't Chris Higgins playing in the young guns game?

Don't know the requirements off hand, but I'm guessing the game is for top rookies and top AHL prospects like in the past. The better question is why wasn't Latendresse invited?

Gary Bettman has gone on record as saying that the teams control what goes on the uniform and the NHL has only dictated the materials and jersey style.

I believe the image that everybody is in an uproar over is a fans interpretation.

So either Bettman is full of shit, or if the jersey's change it is the Habs organization who is responsible.

The NHL and Reebok have been designing and testing the new uniforms for 30 months. That quiet period has spawned several myths, Jennings told USA TODAY. No, NHL players won't wear form-fitting garb like Olympic speedskaters. No, the new uniforms won't eliminate horizontal stripes, although some clubs will experiment with vertical striping next season.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/...-uniforms_x.htm

Let's hope this report is correct. The Habs are so tradition oriented that I doubt they will remove the horizontal striping. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a link or a picture so I can understand what it will look like?

Does anyone have any info or pics regarding the new uniforms. I saw the new allstars jerseys and there look pretty cool. Any thoughts?

rbkedgeuniform.com

coming 07/08

Personally I don't have an issue with the new jerseys, and short of 'Shortcat1'(pun intended) and 'johnnyhasbeen' I've been a die hard fan longer than most of you?

My only beef is with the white jersey - they need to retain the diagonal mid stripes as they did in the red's!

Change is nothing new - this jersey has undergone a few since the inception of the organization. What is sacred is the logo that has come to be known as the face of greatest and without a doubt the classiest organization in professional sports.

A few changes to the side and shoulder bars aren't a sacrilege as far as I'm concerned.

But losing the mid sweater bar on the white jersey is not what I'd like to see?

The rest are just cosmetic as far as I'm concerned!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

p.s. it's all about marketing - the more :hlogo: jerseys sold the greater the cut back into the organization itself?

Exactly don't mess with the logo but for the rest...

Nothing wrong with new material and a tighter cut. Maybe it will even help reduce the amount of phantom hooking calls (when a stick brushes against the player's loose jersey).

But god help them if they take this opportunity to hire the queer eye people to start messing around with classic designs.

• 4 months later...
The only teams getting new uni's or designs are the Capitals, who will be going back to red/white/blue, the Stars, who will now have a number on the front below the word STARS, Sharks will have some a slightly different color scheme, Bruins are said to have a slightly new logo, Blue Jackets are dumping the Yellow Jacket and yellow colors [sic], they will be making their 3rd jersey their new home uniform and the logo on it will be their new main logo. Sens will be dumping their black jersey's and going with the red full time, and the Canucks will be going to the green/blue colors, but will retain the Orca logo in some degree.

I found this on another forum, so it's no official source, but it sounds pretty reasonable, even if he did say the Jackets had yellow on their jersey and that Stinger was still on the jersey, hehe. I know for a fact the Jackets are unveiling new jerseys at the draft, and it is pretty much a sure thing they'll be the same, or at least similar, to their awesome alternate jerseys.

Speaking of the CBJ logo, am I the only one who never noticed the red banner makes the letters "CB", while the stick in the middle makes the "J" to create "CBJ"?

I found this on another forum, so it's no official source, but it sounds pretty reasonable, even if he did say the Jackets had yellow on their jersey, hehe. I know for a fact the Jackets are unveiling new jerseys at the draft, and it is pretty much a sure thing they'll be the same, or at least similar, to their awesome alternate jerseys.

Speaking of the CBJ logo, am I the only one who never noticed the red banner makes the letters "CB", while the stick in the middle makes the "J" to create "CBJ"?

Yupp, you must be the only one. :P

Never in my life would I have noticed those were supposed to be letters. Knowing that, it's less of a lousy logo. I still think the new one is a lot better.

I agree, I never much cared for it and think that the other looks much nicer.