Surprised? Nah?

JLP

20 Game Checkup  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How have the Habs performed til now versus your expectations?

• Happy, Habs are doing better than I expected!
    • Team is doing about what I expected they would.
    • Disappointed, I thought they'd be better. . .

Actually better than what I expected.

Even now I don't know how they ended up with this record...

Happy with the special teams and goalie situation but I still don't like that they seem to have trouble scoring goals and I think it will catch up with them and cause some troubles down the road.

Actually better than what I expected.

Even now I don't know how they ended up with this record...

Happy with the special teams and goalie situation but I still don't like that they seem to have trouble scoring goals and I think it will catch up with them and cause some troubles down the road.

Agreed, The Habs need to work on preserving their leads lol, not making dumb mistakes (staying out of the penalty box) and the offense needs to generate at least 10 goals per game :lol: jkss hahaa the goaltending from The Cristowall is spectacular what else can I say, oh yeah Abby needs to pick up his game :P

Habs Allll The Way Babyy!

I'm also satisfied at the way the team's playing. I wish there would be less shot against our goalies...at the end only the final score prevails and we're more then often on the better side of it.

it' would be time for montreal to beat teams like buffalo, toronto to send a clear message that we mean business and playing montreal is no longer the picnic it used to be.

Agreed, The Habs need to work on preserving their leads lol, not making dumb mistakes (staying out of the penalty box) and the offense needs to generate at least 10 goals per game :lol: jkss hahaa the goaltending from The Cristowall is spectacular what else can I say, oh yeah Abby needs to pick up his game :P

Habs Allll The Way Babyy!

The habs are actually the best team in the NHL when it comes to thier record if they score the first goal, so leads are being preserved at a very good rate. :D

I know what you mean though an example would be last night up 2 giving it back and having to retake the lead.

i am the one who voted deissapointed....for the one and only reason that im dissapointed in the second line....the rest of the team have ecxited my expectations....if only it werent for the lack of points from the second line

I have mixed feelings... Habs seems to have a better record than their actual performances... but on the other hand they have a good record while playing without Higgins, Dandy and Bouillon and with the 2nd line invisible.

Makes you wonder how good this team can be if everyone is healthy and performing for 60 minutes.

Edited by KoZed

I was expecting a team that could win games without being as dependant as they are on the performances

of their goallys,....their position in the standing is good but their performances are not convincing to me.....hopefully the presence of Bouillon and Dandenault will stimulate the offensive aspect of the team.

The habs are actually the best team in the NHL when it comes to thier record if they score the first goal, so leads are being preserved at a very good rate. :D

I know what you mean though an example would be last night up 2 giving it back and having to retake the lead.

lolll wow I didn't know that :lol:

lolll wow I didn't know that :lol:

I love the record, and I love the fact that they don't give up after they have a horrible 2nd period (like Wednesday against Minny) or a horrible start, but I just wish they'd stop having these horrible stretches in the middle of the game. It's such a cliche, but play 60 minutes already. Eventually, the goalie's not gonna be able to bail them out, and then we'll be in serious trouble. That said, I'm glad that despite the bad play at times, they still have the record they have, I just think it's misleading.

Being a sceptic, I feel I would like to split my vote between option #1 and option #2. I opted for #2 though. I feel that while I am somewhat pleasently surprised that the Habs have done as well as they have, they have not exceeded my expectation far enough to warrant a vote for the first option, and, at this point at any rate, it's a little too soon to be happy. If they finish 5th in the East I will be pleased, happy.

I feel maybe I would like the top offensive guys to do a little better than they have. It seems it was too long ago that we had players who could consistently rack up 80- or 90- or 100-point seasons. I would be much happier and much more hopeful if the first and second lines scored more goals than they do. As things are right now I, and many others too it seems, feel the team is too dependent on its defence to win games.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Not that we were the better team on paper but that we had so many young break throught players and some inspiring coaches that we could do better and better as the season advance.

Now we have better results a t the beginning that i expected, i expected some transition difficulties and then unbeattable at the end.

So with such a good start the critics will go on as soon as they play 50-50 average. Expectation are now high and they have to stand up to that.

Cautiously optimistic. The Habs haven't been consistent enough to make me think they'll maintain their current pace. Considering they're doing this without much help from the much bally-hooed 2nd line...if that line gets going the Habs will be rolling three strong lines. I think if the Habs called up Lapierre to center the 4th line...Begin-Lapierre-Downey, that would be a nice 4th line for the team. Carbonneau and Gainey will still tinker with the team.

Thankfully they are doing better then i thought they would be doing!!!! :lol: , I thought they would have lost maybe 1 or 2 more then they have won, Thank god, I was also scared that the goalies would flop.

About what I expected. I was hoping for more from Samsonov, but have been pleastantly suprised by many as well. Be nice to they had a good centre to run that second line, but maybe they'll come around soon.

Defense has definitley been better than I hoped and Huet has been as good as last season.

The test tonight against Buffalo will be a good indication of where this team stands against the best and where it might need to improve.

This is our best team since '94 and things are only going to get better from here. The only things that can slow this team now are 1) injuries and 2) the salary cap at the end of the year.