Game Thread | Philadelphia vs. Canadiens | 11/25/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you take your info because carbonneau clearly said that hute will be playing tomorrow

après le match contre Buffalo, Guy Carbonneau a confirmé que Cristobal Huet disputerait un deuxième match en moins de 24 heures face aux Flyers. Le gardien français a encore une fois été solide devant la cage du Canadien contre les Sabres, repoussant 29 des 30 tirs dirigé

not really, they also played yesterday but they DID have a few hours more.

I saw Carbo's press conference after last night's game with my own eyes and heard him clearly state that Aebischer will be starting.

I saw Carbo's press conference after last night's game with my own eyes and heard him clearly state that Aebischer will be starting.

I guess he had a bad dream during overnight flight back to Montreal which made him change his idea. The only way we could get Abby on net is call Huet mobile phone tell him we want Abby in action! Huet cell phone can I have it? :lol::wacko:

YESSSSSSSSS!!! They are sending this game in sweden. Love this Forsbergbiased country. I just hope that I will be one of few swedes that are happy after tonights game. GIMME A BLOWOUT PLEASE!

Haha great :D Hope the Habs don't collapse tonight. Hopefully you'll see Souray blast one from the point too :hlogo:

Dream come true... >.< Abby is back on the net according to RDS!!!

"David Aebischer est de retour devant la cage du Canadien."

Source @ RDS

?

lol ignore what I said was trying to add a little humor into my comment >.<

Edited by Habstown

wow... what a slap in aebi's face....

The way he's played in his past two starts, I doubt that he's surprised by the decision. The question is: how far does Carbo take 'riding the hot tender' if Huet continues to play great? Does he give him a rest, or does he wait until Huet has a mediocre or bad night to give Aebi a start?

wouldnt today be good for Niinima to play? he needs to show something if both he and the habs want interest someone trade wise.... what better than the worst team in the East!

sorry I couldn't hold it and laugh to that LOL >.< :(

fair enough.... just remember if it does happen I will be showing this post to you quite often.

by the way guys the only reliable news is in french on RDS or on Canadiens.com Carbo said it 20 min after the game!

Well, I'll be at work again tonight, but the boys are undefeated when I"m working nights at that particular job.. I'm doing my part, they'd better do theirs!

The last time we played Philly, the game was closer than it should have been. Let's dismantle them!

GO HABS GO!!

Well, I'll be at work again tonight, but the boys are undefeated when I"m working nights at that particular job.. I'm doing my part, they'd better do theirs!

The last time we played Philly, the game was closer than it should have been. Let's dismantle them!

GO HABS GO!!

yeah but it was at the beginning of the season...the team still had confidence....but this could be one of those games for them....they did beat the best team in the west....heres hoping habs will be on a hot streak...the win last night must of boosted the room and team chemestry...did you see after sourays goal? as if we won the stanley cup!!

From Saturday's Montreal Gazette:

While head coach Guy Carbonneau praised his goaltender's performance, he said that, with the Canadiens playing their third game in four nights, he'll start David Aebischer tonight when the Canadiens meet the Philadelphia Flyers at the Bell Centre (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, CJAD Radio-800).

i know we always say that the second line is going to go big...but tonight i really think so...after last nights efforts...i mean if it werent for miller...plekanecs and kovalev would of probably scored...this said...can anyone confirme me that last nights 3rd period there was not one penalty? habs or sabres?

i know we always say that the second line is going to go big...but tonight i really think so...after last nights efforts...i mean if it werent for miller...plekanecs and kovalev would of probably scored...this said...can anyone confirme me that last nights 3rd period there was not one penalty? habs or sabres?

Your correct though the Habs did take 5 consecutive penalty's prior to the 3rd period. :puke:

Aebi will be important in this one, if he can make 1 or 2 big saves early the team will gain confidence back in him.

I actually got the same feeling. After Plex's breakaway, Sammy also got a nice chance and it go stopped, then Sammy swung his stick in frustration on the goal-post.

All 3 are due for a big night, and it might be tonight with Philly's so-so defense.