Game Thread | Philadelphia vs. Canadiens | 11/25/06

Spider-Man NL

I cant see what the refs did wrong.

Sourays slash was obvious and he should get a real yelling in the break for it. Its not just Kovalev and Samsonov floating. the whole god damned team is floating around except the 4th line. Let the 4th line get 1st line icetime in the 3rd.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...thats all I can say

I think the Habs used up all of their chances in the first period

It was like watching two totally different hockey teams between the first and second!

Lets hope the Habs from the first period make a return...and angle their sticks either a few more degrees to the left or right to deflect the point shots!!! It should have been 4-0 after the first...I cant believe this has happened.

The good: BÉGIN! What a PK monster. Puts his body on the line blocking some hard shots. A real trooper.

The bad:: Penalty city in those last few minutes... Carbo? Bench penalty? What gives?

The ugly: 3 unanswered goals

I ask you this: Why must the Canadiens suck in the 2nd period, game after game? This is turning into a very nasty trend...

The bench minor was worth it. Now look for Carbo to really get these guys going in the 3rd.

This is so typical. Freakin Plekanec cant score if his life depended on it!!! Now they'll use the stupid 3 games in 4 nights excuse. UGHH

I agree. I thought better of him but he HAS TO LEARN to get that puck in the net. We need that 2nd line center so badly it hurts.

i would go with huet...stay with the goalie on a hot streak...but thats just my opinion...after a game like tonights...i dont think the habs will have the energy to play catch up....perhaps im wrong...( hopefully)

may the habs win tomorow!!!!

GO HABS GO

ok habs prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!

why are the second periods awlays awful????makes me sick....

go habs go.....

1 1 1:06 35 T. PLEKANEC 2:00 Hooking

2 1 1:45 20 M. JOHNSON 2:00 Interference - Goalkeeper

4 2 17:17 52 C. RIVET 2:00 Tripping

5 2 17:49 44 S. SOURAY 2:00 Slashing

Refs just love to give us 3-on-5 PKs...

Edited by KoZed

2 17:17 52 C. RIVET 2:00 Tripping

2 17:49 44 S. SOURAY 2:00 Slashing

Johnson jumped into the goalie - goaltender interference

Souray made a golfswing on that flyerdudes stick - slashing

I dont know what the refs did wrong.

2 17:17 52 C. RIVET 2:00 Tripping

2 17:49 44 S. SOURAY 2:00 Slashing

there was a vouple of tripping and obstruction against us that didnt get called...that pisses me off the most....the obviese calls not gettuing called....especially when you see a ref staring that way

I dont know what the refs did wrong.

Do it constantly to us, yet I can probably count on one hand the times Habs had 5-on-3 PPs... We could agree on about 5 obvious penalties on the Habs not called by the refs in the 2nd, yet as soon as they get a chance they hand us two straight penalties.

No consistancy whatsoever...

I saw a Flyer go to the dressing room before they dropped the puck. He didn't look like he was cut or injured.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20062007/GS020335.HTM

This is so typical. Freakin Plekanec cant score if his life depended on it!!! Now they'll use the stupid 3 games in 4 nights excuse. UGHH

I couldn't agree with you more! Thomas Plekanek SUCKS.....Give Kovalev and Samsonov some motivation out there....I say Carbo tosses things up and puts in Radek Bonk so Kovalev can go back to the wing....Bonk is playing some great hockey out there! I hope Carbonneau tells them to get the lead out of their skates and move them. Philly is one of the slowest, if not THE slowest team in the league. Simple solution...Keep your feet moving, and they will take penalties on you. Michael Ryder should be with Koivu and Kovalev on the first PP unit....Souray and Boullion at the points.....Second PP Unit..Latendresse, Bonk, Samsonov....Markov and Souray out there...I dont care if souray is tired...hes the only guy who doesn't seem afraid to shoot the puck out there.

NHL refs make me insane, KoZed.

The trends/patterns are clearly starting to emerge in the new NHL.

1. If you call lots of penalties in the first and second, keep quiet in the third and let everything slide.

2. If you call a penalty, likelyhood of getting an additional penalty called in the next 2 minutes (causing a 5 on 3) increases 200%

3. If you're calling heavily against one team, give garbage penalties to the other team so that you don't look bad as a ref.

4. If you give a lot of hooking calls that are marginal and then witness a blatant hook, you will still ignore it out of fear of seeming too severe and biased.

5. If your name is McGeough, you will dish out a diving penalty for every tripping penalty, regardless if there was a dive or not :lol:

The Habs are playing like crap..that is not the Refs fault!

Bad penatlies and non-calls come and go..good teams deal with it.

That was just a horrible effort.

Hey, Habs dominated most of that period. They were not playing badly, that ugly Philly 2nd goal was a fluke... it all came undone when Rivet screwed up 4 times on the same shift and the refs suddenly remembered they had whistles.

I wish that the 2nd period would just vanish. That would mean so much for us. I hope Carbo gave the whole team soar behinds in this break.

I hope he used superstrong mustard in the familyjewel-protectiongears.