Game Thread | Philadelphia vs. Canadiens | 11/25/06

Spider-Man NL

Well what do you expect Carbonneau to do when your team is being given stupid penalties. I agree there is a time for him to shut it, but right now is not one of them. He needs to let the refs know, and at the same time he fired up is team.

Didn't Therrien cost the team a playoff series 'cause he took a bench minor? When you're taking penalty after penalty, that's the very time to shut up and direct the focus at the players and away from the refs.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he's even said it in an interview that he has to shoot more often...

maybe he doesn't see his opportunities as being sufficiently optimal... I don't know... but he doesn't shoot a whole lot.

GO :hlogo: GO!

He is the anti-Ryder...

The two of them should practice together, ryder passing, sammy shooting... LOL

time is getting short...

gotta do it, guys, gotta do it! and none too soon...

Didn't Therrien cost the team a playoff series 'cause he took a bench minor? When you're taking penalty after penalty, that's the very time to shut up and direct the focus at the players and away from the refs.

Except it's not a playoff game. As I said, there is a time for him to be quiet, but this is a regular season game. Completely diffrent matters, and you can't really compare them.

hehehe saw the highligh -- leaf score one (PP of course) by having two players run over the goalie, Carbo needs to make the deal the leaf did

But Boston comes back!!!!!!!! :clap:

hot flyers goalie... sheeeshhhhhhh..........

well, for the canadiens, we've lived by that sword too (huet).

you know the expression... live by the sword, die by the sword...

Except it's not a playoff game. As I said, there is a time for him to be quiet, but this is a regular season game. Completely diffrent matters, and you can't really compare them.

Sure I can, and I am. Whether the game is in October or April, the situation is the same. The first step in getting out of the hole you've dug for yourself is to stop digging.

oh dear...

happy bounces for the flyers...

I think you are missing something.. first, the refing was not perfect tonight, but it was not so bad that Carbo needs to lose it.

Second, Carbo is doing this every game, after just about every whistle... seriously.

In all fairness, this loss has far more to do with the way the team is playing then the refs.

Ryder is a piece of garbage....and does not deserve to be on this team any more. trade his ass while he still has value.

the guy has done nothing in the last month.....only player consistently giving awawy the puck and making dumb plays

I would trade Ryder after he has a bad season, not a bad month...

if souray has an injured shoulder, this certainly isn't the way to 'treat' it.

I think you are missing something.. first, the refing was not perfect tonight, but it was not so bad that Carbo needs to lose it.

Second, Carbo is doing this every game, after just about every whistle... seriously.

In all fairness, this loss has far more to do with the way the team is playing then the refs.

I never said that the reffing cost us the game, did I? If I did, please quote me. I simply commented on how it certainly wasn't helping. So please don't put words in my mouth.

that Gagné fellow is pretty good

not good enough that I'd want montreal to try & get him.