Game Thread | Philadelphia vs. Canadiens | 11/25/06

Spider-Man NL

That's cool, that's who you are, and I'm not begruding that. BUt this is a hockey forum and mentions of god might make some people - like me - uncomfortable or make them not want to come back here.

Are you kidding?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool, that's who you are, and I'm not begruding that. BUt this is a hockey forum and mentions of god might make some people - like me - uncomfortable or make them not want to come back here.

wow... and I always thought our society was considered one that believed in tolerance...

GO :hlogo: GO!

...ok..its just word...just skip shorts comments then lol...but i dont think, other then you that people feel uncomfertable ...lol...and on top of it he as a wicked guitar

wow, wish the habs had as much fire in their bellies tonight as you all did! classic downer after a big win. no biggie.

abby does not look comfortable out there, but did not cost us this game. NEED MORE GOALS. why is ryder being singled out? He is so much better an all round player than he was a year ago (last goal notwithstanding). sammy, johnson, plex, zhogs, christ, even begin, need to start ramping up the offensive production (oh, as does Mr. 84 too).

bump on the learning curve all in all, but low goal production is starting to annoy me....

wow... and I always thought our society was considered one that believed in tolerance...

I really can't say what our society believes in. I do know, however, that in the society I live in I get more than my fair share of a christian god: I hear about him in politics, in school, in the news, and even just walking down the street. I hear that some cultures in far-off countries conflict with "christian values," and I also hear, quite regularly, how some segments of this society are debasing things like traditional, christian family values.

Tolerant society? Don't ask me.... but god? Yeah, I hear about him.

And I was just hoping that I wasn't going to hear more about him in a hockey forum.

But whatever, it's cool, I asked you - politely - not to mention it, you said you would continue to. You'll do what you want, I'll do what I want, and that's that.

So have a good evening, enjoy the big Nickel, and let's hope Huet starts in net for next game.

Sincerely, take care and good night!

...ok..its just word...just skip shorts comments then lol...but i dont think, other then you that people feel uncomfertable ...lol...and on top of it he as a wicked guitar

and that's only one of four, fellow habsfan...

i'll be displaying parts of the others over the next little while.

They're all hand-made custom-built acoustics...

I'll give you a taster... one's a cocobolo back & side with an englemann spruce topped concert body six-string.

another is a flaming myrtlwood back & side with an englemann spruce topped jumbo body twelve-string.

the fouth is an african blackwood back & side with an extreme bearclawed sitka spruce topped dreadnought six-string.

and that won't be the end of it all if I get my way... I'm looking at getting a madagascar rosewood classical built then a prehistoric kauri parlour, a (maybe koa) dobro and, finally an acoustic base (not sure of the wood yet... that's maybe four years away). :D

Edited by shortcat1

and that's only one of four, fellow habsfan...

i'll be displaying parts of the others over the next little while.

They're all hand-made custom-built acoustics...

I'll give you a taster... one's a cocobolo back & side with an englemann spruce topped concert body six-string.

another is a flaming myrtlwood back & side with an englemann spruce topped jumbo body twelve-string.

the fouth is an african blackwood back & side with an extreme bearclawed sitka spruce topped dreadnought six-string.

and that won't be the end of it all if I get my way... I'm looking at getting a madagascar rosewood classical built then a prehistoric kauri parlour, a (maybe koa) dobro and, finally an acoustic base (not sure of the wood yet... that's maybe four years away). :D

how much those it cost you to make a custom made guitar? and there sounds must be quite unique? you dont make em yourself now do you? i loveplaynig with 12 strings..i get the feeling im not playing alone lol

how much those it cost you to make a custom made guitar? and there sounds must be quite unique? you dont make em yourself now do you? i loveplaynig with 12 strings..i get the feeling im not playing alone lol

i get them done by local luthiers (guitar builders) so the cost for them isn't as high as it would be if i got them made by big-name independent builders. So, the costs range between two and three thousand apiece - the 12-string was the most expensive... it probably cost a bit over three thousand - i'm not sure because I bought the woods and parts and had the guy assemble it for me and, since i lost some of my receipts along the way, I really can't say.

but, at those prices, believe it or not, that's cheap...

check this site for some ideas of regular prices:

http://www.dreamguitars.com/menu_instruments.htm

this page shows some of the woods, their appearances and characteristics:

http://www.dreamguitars.com/tonewoods.htm

Edited by shortcat1

So.. did Phily played a real good game, the habs real crap or a combo of both?

I am in shock. Toronto lost to Boston tonight, and this was a golden opportunity to take advantage of it....and....we lost to the flyers.....the flyers?

I'm sick and tired of Montreal taking nights off when they face lowly teams. They shouldv'e treated this game like they were playing Buffalo..

never under estimate the worst team of the league... I guess the flyers are bouncing back right now in the race for the standings...

but it's sad... this might have been Abby last game! As you know everyone will try to blame the goalie and give pressure to him to the point he will ask to get traded! =[

Aebicher was bad yes but he made some big saves. The Habs just could not burry thier chances last night plain and simple.

I know Niinimaa did not cause any pucks to wind up in the back of the Canadiens net tonight but I seriously hope Streit is back in the lineup to face the Panthers.

Kovalev has lookd really good the last two games, Koivu is the most creative I have seen in years, Ryder is in a slump and he will get out of it soon.

And you don't have a guitar in bleu blanc rouge? :huh:;)

:hlogo: icon12.gif :hlogo:

nope... never thought of that... :blink:

I'll have to check into what kind of woods will give me a bleu-blanc-rouge look in their natural state. :):):)

Only 1 of Aebi's goals were soft. The first Gagne goal i beleive. Why blame him? The habs took the middle 30 minutes off again. Aebi made some incerdible saves and i beleive he kept them in it. Was it Aebi's fault Souray gave the puck to Gagne 5 feet from the net. Markov got too close to him on the first goal and knocked him off balance. I'm not the biggest Aebi fan but give me a break, the D zone and turnovers were brutal. How many point blank slot shots were there?

For this team to become more then a pretender

They need to play for 60 minutes every night, win or lose no excuses

Get some D with speed, I have no idea why the only D man with speed is now a 4th line grinder.

Stop the insane amount of stupid penalties.

Actualy go to the net, stop turning away from it, atleast they would draw some penalties.

The top players need to start playing like it consistantly.

A second line center wouldn't hurt either.

Well they came out flying the first period, and scoring. I was thinking it was going to be a great night for all Habs fans and I, but as I sat with a beer in hand I started to realise that things were slowly but surely not going as expected.

Aebischer could've positioned himself a little better on the Gagne goal...He was just lying there on the ice, I bet if Huet was in there he wouldn't be doing that. I don't know whats happened with Abby so far, he started out amazing. Some even thought he could be starter instead of Huet! Things have changed, and now Abby has found himself in a very difficult situation to get out of, and the only way he can get out of it is playing absolutely stellar in the next chances he gets.

Thank god Toronto lost, I was surrounded by leafs fans and it was agonizing to have Montreal lose a golden opportunity. As most posters said it, they stopped applying pressure after the first period. Things fell apart.

euhmmm here you go...

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/217937.html

Go Abby Go! :clap:

yesterday, I browsed around Rds website and never found it but you were right so I'm begging you to spare my life !!

I was at the game yesterday, I thought th 1st was exciting and like always, we sucked in the second period.

I thought aebischer was shaky and he found himself out of position too often. for, him ,I'm sure it's only a matter of confidence and he will be back to the elite goalie he can be. until then, It's huet's show.

lets not make a fuss of the loss and rebound against florida.