Denis Savard new head coach in Chicago

habscout

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=186158&hubname=nhl

Denis Savard has jumped from his position of assistant coach to head coach of the Blackhawks today. I wish him the best. I liked him as a former habs, and hope he will do well in Chicago, except when they play the Habs of course. ;)

I'm sure the Chicago-Montreal trade rumours will only increase now.

Denis Savard has jumped from his position of assistant coach to head coach of the Blackhawks today. I wish him the best. I liked him as a former habs, and hope he will do well in Chicago, except when they play the Habs of course. ;)

Chicago needs an office overhaul, not just a coaching change. Anyway, the Boston Globe mentioned Seabrook/Samsonov as a trade option. Hehe.

not fair to fire yawney.

How can u blame him for the record as Handzus went out for the year, Havlat has only played less than 10 games, Bourque is out for a while, and Kabibulin was injured for weeks, and Ruutu missed the first month

not fair to fire yawney.

How can u blame him for the record as Handzus went out for the year, Havlat has only played less than 10 games, Bourque is out for a while, and Kabibulin was injured for weeks, and Ruutu missed the first month

He apparently went the wrong direction blaming the players and even the direction.

Cool I bet he's excited. Who was Chicago's old coach? Don't follow that division anymore couldn't tell yeah whose on the blues-hawks-wings-preds-jackets division. Can't stand FSN local announcers here make me want to fall asleep. The tv announcer used to do games for the Avs I think he sounds like he's breathing in helium. Bernie Federko is okay but you should here the blues radio announcers the main guy has a high pitch voice. No wonder people aren't interested in the blues you can't stand to watch the games on tv. (plus its not cool to be watching a game with 5 people in the arena sounds like somebody is playing in the backyard all quiet)

I know about Savard as a player, but not about his leadership abilities, anyone care to tell me why he was named coach of this team, besides to bring a high profile player in who meant a great deal to this town?

he's been an assistant coach in chicago since he retired.

he paid his due, now he's in charge. unfortunately, his team sucks big time.

all I can wish him is good luck, he'll need it.

I know about Savard as a player, but not about his leadership abilities, anyone care to tell me why he was named coach of this team, besides to bring a high profile player in who meant a great deal to this town?

My guess is that Tallon wanted a puppet. Tallon wants an offensive team, and Savard will probably share that idea. Injuries killed this team. I remember to start the year, people on this forum were preaching about how Chicago and Columbus were "for real" after 5 or 6 games. Yeah, they're locks for the postseason, eh?

I remember to start the year, people on this forum were preaching about how Chicago and Columbus were "for real" after 5 or 6 games. Yeah, they're locks for the postseason, eh?

well that before they had all these injuries.

as for columbus, they dissapoint me alot this year.

I agree with you on both points.

For his own sake, I hope Savard has enough smarts to be able to keep from suggesting Mad Man Mike like trades. It would be nice for us but would be an awful legacy for him.

GO :hlogo: GO!

I agree with you on both points.

For his own sake, I hope Savard has enough smarts to be able to keep from suggesting Mad Man Mike like trades. It would be nice for us but would be an awful legacy for him.

GO :hlogo: GO!

All I ask for is Tuomi Ruutu... ^_^

*goes and writes to Santa*

Wow, PM Bouchard pulls a Denis Savard style spin-o-rama to give Savard his first head coaching loss.

What are the rules for shootouts? Can a player score on the rebound? Can a player skate backward? In a spin-o-rama, isn't the skater going back with the puck?

What are the rules for shootouts? Can a player score on the rebound? Can a player skate backward? In a spin-o-rama, isn't the skater going back with the puck?

No, you can't score on a rebound, no clue about skating backwards. A spin-o-rama is more stopping on a dime and turning quickly to the other side rather then moving backwards.

One hell of a goal.