Applause for ALEXANDER PEREZHOGIN

matsnaslundsuperfan

I've been reading alot of the threads of late. We've somehow forgotten to mention how valuable a player Perezhogin has become on the team. I realize that Latendresse has quite the following... for understandable reasons... but I've found a new favorite player in Perezhogin. His point total is nothing to brag about and I realize that his +11 is padded by little penalty killing time.. but the continuous effort he's been visibly putting out should be turning our heads. We've got a gem of a player there.

I've been reading alot of the threads of late. We've somehow forgotten to mention how valuable a player Perezhogin has become on the team. I realize that Latendresse has quite the following... for understandable reasons... but I've found a new favorite player in Perezhogin. His point total is nothing to brag about and I realize that his +11 is padded by little penalty killing time.. but the continuous effort he's been visibly putting out should be turning our heads. We've got a gem of a player there.

Errr, powerplay goals don't affect +/-... :rolleyes:

"Valuable" is a big word I prefer to reserve for players who really change a team's overall game plan, like, say, Higgins or Markov.

But yes, Perezhogin is coming along very nicely. Developing a good two-way game and learning how to use his speed. He's helped by playing with Bonk & Johnson though. Those two guys are very easy to play with. They play a simple, no-nonsense game.

I think we just gave all da 3rd line credit to bonk in dat last thread.

Perezhogin's work ethic has been phenomenal, he's EVERYWHERE!!! I really like having him with da puck n reminds me of a younger forsberg type player who's very tough on the puck.

While i dont like breaking up a line dat works great, we clearly have a player here who're trying to show off he belongs on the top 2 lines. I say we try him out on the powerplay, this guy proved himself worthy of giving him a real chance at success.

Edited by St-Patrick

Yesterfay Perezhogin was doing everything on the ice.. excepted scoring that is.

Perezhogin has been terrific this year. His +/- is not padded by any special teams play. He generally hasn't even killed many penalities this season so his numbers haven't been inflated. I also don't think that his year so far is because of Bonk and Johnson at all. He has skating as his forte and the others can't skate for him.

A plus 11 is very impressive especially considering his line often plays against the top lines of the opposition when 5 on 5. That trio has it going on.

Yeah all 3 of them are top 25 +/- for forwards in the NHL.

I agree, his play has made a huge contribution. That line works their butts off and keeps other teams best lines bottled up in their own end. This is why they have a great plus/minus, and frankly, they get a lot of chances.

I suspect Perez will get some more points as the season goes on, he has been a bit burned to date, but even if he doesn't, if that line keeps the other teams best off the scoreboard, that will be huge.

A late bloomer; I'd like to think so... the season is not over yet and the way things are going we will be facing many more injury fill in's, special teams and both good and bad streaks;

What I'd be happy seeing more of theses days is very simple. When a player any player gets a chance to step up and showcase his talent; he should do so with outstanding effort; Much like I think Lats has done.

Edited by Chips

He plays on the best line this team has. The only 3 forwards that are on the plus side is Bonk Johnson Perez. They all chip in a few points here and there and do a great job keeping the other top lines to nothing. He 1 part of a great line. I'm not sure if he'll be a big scorer or just a great 3 liner. Time will tell.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that a team 8 games over 500 only have 3 forwards on the plus side of the plus / minus stats. The other forwards need to pick it up.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that a team 8 games over 500 only have 3 forwards on the plus side of the plus / minus stats. The other forwards need to pick it up.

I find it puzzling. I tend not to be disturbed because of our success so far.

he's been fantastic to have on the third line.. but sometimes he reminds a bit of Bulis... hope he gets his scoring touch..

He does remind me of Bulis, although he hasn't whined that he's a top 6 forward yet. His shot is very similar...very hard, and rather inaccurate. I'll give him props, though...Carbo called him out and the preseason and he has responded. The entire third line is a great 2 way line. As much as I like Begin, I'm glad he's 4th line rather than playing with Bonk this season.

Good job for starting up the recognition.

I like his skating ability and his work ethic as well. He quietly just does his thing (I guess it helps him stay quiety that he doesnt really speak english :))

But seriously, he deserves credit, he has a bright future ahead of him and is playing so well, on what I think has clearly been our most effective line.

When I think that he was the 3rd of the Svitov (3rd) / Chistov (5th)/ Perezhogin (25th) Omsk Avangard Russian line drafted in 2001, it's a source of great satisfaction (for his sake) that he's been, by far, the most successful of the three. :):):):)

A very happy draft choice in that way.

GO :hlogo: GO!