Game Thread | Habs vs. Carolina | 11/30/06

Spider-Man NL

Ok, we got it out of our system... let's move on and beat TO...

Oh, and remember how to play in our own end... ask Huet... he's the only one remembering...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand why this team falls apart. They were playing good early on, then just simply got their asses kicked. Sooo frustrating. They better not play like this against Toronto, they are hungry for a win.

As a poster said early (I forget who) we can't just rely on Huet to win. Where is the offence? Oh Higgins we miss you bud, plus a true scorer for that second line...what exactly are they doing out there

Rivet had a rough night tonight no doubt. I hate to use the cop out of the refs and I rarley if ever do but prior to the first penalty by Souray there were back-to back non called obstruction/interference on the Canadiens and during the penalty kill Bonk's hands were slashed and hooked.

Ugh that was such an ugly 3rd period. One of their worst period of the year.

Odd tough, they were very competitve with them for the first 30-35 minutes.

The bottom line is that they cannot allow this many shots in a game especially when they don't even get many shots on goal themselves. I think that if Montreal didn't have a goalie or 2 (Aebischer for the most part) our record would be looking a little different this year.

The bottom line is that they cannot allow this many shots in a game especially when they don't even get many shots on goal themselves. I think that if Montreal didn't have a goalie or 2 (Aebischer for the most part) our record would be looking a little different this year.

somewhat different and not for the better either... sigh...............

GO :hlogo: GO!

Stanley Cup champions or not...there is no excuse to surrender that many shots on Christobal....

I am sorry...Montreal F'ed the dog tonight...and thats the end of the matter...

They looked about as impressive as toronto did tonight in their game versus atlanta.....

Carolina is nowhere near a stanley cup contender...these are supposed to be the games that we win..

A win versus toronto on saturday night will not be easy....

10-4 that. got our asses kicked by a very strong forecheck in the third. think our d-men were just gassed by the 10 minute mark of that period. 1-2 goals/game aint gonna cut it.

Stanley Cup champions or not...there is no excuse to surrender that many shots on Christobal....

I am sorry...Montreal F'ed the dog tonight...and thats the end of the matter...

They looked about as impressive as toronto did tonight in their game versus atlanta.....

Carolina is nowhere near a stanley cup contender...these are supposed to be the games that we win..

A win versus toronto on saturday night will not be easy....

...sorry, the carolina team you saw tonight in the 3rd period is in fact a stanley cup contender. big/strong/good goaltending/win faceoffs and board battles = playoff hockey. and it pains me to say this as i hate the ** suckers.

10-4 that. got our asses kicked by a very strong forecheck in the third. think our d-men were just gassed by the 10 minute mark of that period. 1-2 goals/game aint gonna cut it.

...sorry, the carolina team you saw tonight in the 3rd period is in fact a stanley cup contender. big/strong/good goaltending/win faceoffs and board battles = playoff hockey. and it pains me to say this as i hate the ** suckers.

One period of hockey doesn't reflect whether or not they make the playoffs...but instead its whether or not they win or lose the hockey game....and tonight they got the best of us....

As much as I hate to say that...its true...I hate Carolina :angry: ..Eric Staal Looks like duck p*ssy...I wish Komisarek would cave his face in sometime....and Rod Brindamour Looks like a horse....Erik Cole I have respect for...he is one tough SOB....but that is nothing but Guy Carbonneau's fault for not recognizing that Erik Cole has been a Habs killer his entire career.... :angry:

Edited by justintb

mmm northeast is getting tighter and tighter

Montréal loose, Toronto loose, Boston wins, Ottawa wins BIG and Buffalo didnt played tonight

Buffalo 24gp 19-3-2 40pts

Montréal 24gp 14-7-3 31pts

Toronto 27gp 13-10-4 30pts

Ottawa 26gp 13-12-1 27pts

Boston 23gp 12-9-2 26pt

Gee a few games slump could get one from 2nd to 5th

the key to those stats is the games played. Only team really to worry about if they got hot would be Boston. They've played one less then the Habs.

i dont think boston is going to stay hot...now montreal could be in real trouble...they lack finishing and its starting to hurt them....

now toronto as lost 2-3 in a row (not sure) but im pretty sure they are going to come out strong against the habs as they always do....im starting to pray now so they can win on saturday ( i dont actually pray) but you get the point

mmm northeast is getting tighter and tighter

Montréal loose, Toronto loose, Boston wins, Ottawa wins BIG and Buffalo didnt played tonight

Buffalo 24gp 19-3-2 40pts

Montréal 24gp 14-7-3 31pts

Toronto 27gp 13-10-4 30pts

Ottawa 26gp 13-12-1 27pts

Boston 23gp 12-9-2 26pt

Gee a few games slump could get one from 2nd to 5th

I think we're the only Division with 5 teams playing above .500

What's comforting though is that we've got 2 games on hand on Ottawa 3 on Toronto.

As I thought, Rivet played the most minutes... Why was played so much? Because he was no good? Wake up. This was a collective effort

Funny choice of word... :lol:

Edited by KoZed

Cole has been deadly again tonight vs the Habs. Dunno if someone wrote this already, but he has like 11 goals in 15 games vs the Habs. He played really well tonight, was shooting at will (11 shots!). He has a really nice special shot. Not really hard but the puck seems heavy and difficult for the goalie to control the rebounds.

Cole has been deadly again tonight vs the Habs. Dunno if someone wrote this already, but he has like 11 goals in 15 games vs the Habs. He played really well tonight, was shooting at will (11 shots!). He has a really nice special shot. Not really hard but the puck seems heavy and difficult for the goalie to control the rebounds.

I think after tonight it's 12g in 16 games. Maybe he's ticked the Habs didn't draft him...he's a NYer, went to Clarkson (where I went). He's gotta be a Habs fan. Hehe.

Bad loss for the Habs. Cole has our number. I hope we can contain him next time. Perhaps a few bone crunching hits will limit is free and easy access through our defensive zone.

BTW, how are Bullion and Dandy doing? Improving with every game I hope?

Rivet's -3

How long before the "leadership" cop-out stops covering his dysmal performances?

Every time it gets by Rivet, it has gotten by 3 other forwards. And if Rivet got a -3, that means it got by Huet too. Rivet brings a lot to the team, perhaps he isn't the best #3-4 in the league, but he certainly isn't the worst. Constant complaining about him won't change anything. Our prospects are at least a year away, trading is very tight, and disasterous for a desperate team, and we have other voids that need filling which are a higher priority.

BTW, a few weeks ago Koivu was a minus 4 (I believe) ... these stats don't always mean a whole bunch.

I can't help but remember that backhand move where Kovalev rang it off the crossbar, and wonder if that going in would have changed the outcome of this game. It was a 'turning point' type moment IMO.

One way to cut the shot against would be for us to pressure the other team defense. Many times we see a good puck control in the opponent zone but no habs defensemen coming throught offering a option to the forwards or at least distract their defense.

The defense are playing so deep that sometimes a back pass at the blue line is the end of the play because the d is already backing up.

48 shots is just ridiculous. The team's really got to work on not allowing so many shots, Huet cannot bail them out every single time.

And we blocked 17 more.

Sounds like we just can't stop the opposition in the neutral zone. Not enough takeaways there.

Well the shots are almost always reflective of the power plays and excluding the 28 second power play the Canadiens had to finish the game the Hurricanes had a 2-1 advantage and the Habs killed all of them off meaning for the most part they went the full 2 minutes.

In the third period the Hurricanes had 9 of thier shots come on the PP exclude those numbers or equalize the power play chances and the shots appear much closer.

I have to say I am suprised the Canadiens do not draw a lot more penaltys becuase they are a deadly fast team.

That was a pathetic effort once again. Unfortunately Huet couldn't win the game by himself again last night. I don't think it's the Habs can't stop the team in the nuetral zone, once the other team gets the puck the Habs back off, allow the team to set up and throw it around the zone minutes at a time. The other poster also made a good point about the D not helping in the Offensive zone, they are always backing off. When a team plays passive all the time they will give up an enormous amount of shots. I've seen this fish before, the Habs have gone right back to the way they have played for years, outplayed, outshot, outhustled. When was the last time they scored more then 2 goals? I'm also wondering where all the Huet bashers are? If Aebi would have played last night everyone would be all over the guy.

Good News:

The habs played well for 10 minutes in the first

Bad News:

The Habs were totally dominated (outshot again by 20 shots i beleive)

Stupid penalties in the third

Nice leadership by Souray (crosschecking a guy 3-4 times after the whistle, while shorthanded in front of the ref. Nice job)

The second line is dangerous in all 3 zones (that's not good)

Some Ideas:

How about playing int he other teams zone for a while,i t might help score goals.

Stop trying to win 1-0. It doesn't work

When playing against Cole, how about checking him.

Stop relying on the Goalie to win every game. There are 18 others to make a difference.

Christmas wish list: Dear Bob:

Get a second line center please.

Can we get some D who can skate, complete passes and know how to win a battle.

JMMR, they don't draw penalties because they don't work hard enough or go to the net. That's how you draw penalties.