Chipchura article

Bacchus

I have to say that of all the recent draft picks, this is one guy that I'm waiting for with eager anticipation! :hockey:

I really wish there was an AHL team located out here, maybe not in Denver, but I'd think Colorado Springs could support one. I enjoyed going to Admirals games in Norfolk when in lived in VA. I guess I'll have to stick with NCAA games.

That said, Chipchura sounds exactly what the Habs said he would be when they drafted him. Glad the scouts pegged him so perfectly. Hopefully, the majority of Habs fans out there won't automatically slap the "must be an offensive superstar" label on him since he was a 1st round forward draftee.

That said, Chipchura sounds exactly what the Habs said he would be when they drafted him. Glad the scouts pegged him so perfectly. Hopefully, the majority of Habs fans out there won't automatically slap the "must be an offensive superstar" label on him since he was a 1st round forward draftee.

The fans who are aware of his intangibles and know what type of leader he is touted to be will not put much offensive pressure on him. But he will still have to put up some points, and the last guy that I expected to be a defensive dynamo was Higgins, too bad Chip does not have the same speed.

The fans who are aware of his intangibles and know what type of leader he is touted to be will not put much offensive pressure on him. But he will still have to put up some points, and the last guy that I expected to be a defensive dynamo was Higgins, too bad Chip does not have the same speed.

maybe, with speed skating kind of lessons, this 'liability' can be overcome.

GO :hlogo: GO!

That's a great article. I believe Chipchura will have a solid career with the Habs. It sounds like the earliest we'll see him in a Canadiens uniform will be next season, but I won't be disappointed if he takes another season.

I liked these comments Kyle made about Lapierre: "Guys like Maxim Lapierre keep thing pretty light around here and he makes guys laugh and young guys can relax.” Maxim sounds like a good team player too, someone that the guys like to have in the locker room.