Around the game Topic!

justintb

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering that when the games on...What do you drink?

Since i was 18 I got hooked on Molson Ex...And since its the beer of the Habs...I only drink it when the Habs are playing...

And I was wondering how diehard some of you really are...For example...Telling a girl you cant go out on a date because you know the Habs game is on that night...LOL

Just wondering if I am the only one who does stuff like this....

Also, state your "pre-game" rituals...or if you have any good luck charms while watching the game....

Or wearing a jersey when the games on?

Leave your stories and experiences on here...it should be a fun thread to watch!

Edited by justintb

1. Girls know when there's hockey playing, and they know all guys like to watch hockey, so i've noticed over the years they always conveniently try to schedule dates on hockey nights, to test you to see if you're more interested in the girl or the hockey.

2. My only pre-game ritual is blasting the HNIC theme at 100dB just before i watch the game. Also, if Habs win, i will always play "I feel good" really loud too. (Similarly to the Bell Center ritual)

3. I don't drink anything during games, it distracts me from the action. I'll drink before or after, but during the game i'm 100% glued to the screen following everything in detail. I won't even blink until the commercial breaks :D

Once in a while I get some Saku Originall beers! Other that that I am like Cat Claw glued to the screen.

As for watching all the games, my life revolves around the habs, before I moved to Ottawa I never had RDS so when I cam here it was such a blessing I used to have to listen to the games on the radio.

1. Girls know when there's hockey playing, and they know all guys like to watch hockey, so i've noticed over the years they always conveniently try to schedule dates on hockey nights, to test you to see if you're more interested in the girl or the hockey.

That's where you've got to spin it around and test her! Invite her on a date to the game (or to watch the game at La Cage for example). You'll see then if she can put up with what interests you.

If she goes along, sign her to a long-term contract with a signing bonus, if she can't... trade her for a pick or future considerations. :P

Edited by KoZed

That's where you've got to spin it around and test her! Invite her on a date to the game (or to watch the game at La Cage for example). You'll see then if she can put up with what interests you.

If she goes along, sign her to a long-term contract with a signing bonus, if she can't... trade her for a pick or future considerations. :P

A girl who im supposed to hang out with tonight wants me to come over to her house...She bought me a 12 of ex too...Unfortunately...I just cant stand watching hockey with someone who doesn't know whats going on...or perhaps has no interest whatsoever...it would drive me nuts...Therefore im IMing her..and ditching her for a 2nd time...Blocking/deleting her off of MSN...so I can watch the leafs vs habs in peace...it's just too big of a game for any kind of distraction!!!!

CMON HABS!! LETS GO! I TURNED DOWN A GIRL FOR YOU GUYS TONIGHT...GO :hlogo: GO!

A girl who im supposed to hang out with tonight wants me to come over to her house...She bought me a 12 of ex too...Unfortunately...I just cant stand watching hockey with someone who doesn't know whats going on...or perhaps has no interest whatsoever...it would drive me nuts...Therefore im IMing her..and ditching her for a 2nd time...Blocking/deleting her off of MSN...so I can watch the leafs vs habs in peace...it's just too big of a game for any kind of distraction!!!!

Eeeeeh... she doesn't have to know what is going on or be interested in it; if she's willing to suffer through it, you should be willing to do it too. She might come around to become a bigger fan than you. You just have to coach her through! :P

Eeeeeh... she doesn't have to know what is going on or be interested in it; if she's willing to suffer through it, you should be willing to do it too. She might come around to become a bigger fan than you. You just have to coach her through! :P

You know...I would go over..but ummmm...how do I put this in an appropriate manner....

Shes at that time of month... :rolleyes:

And Im not her boyfriend...So I owe her Nothing....

The Molson Ex is being bought....The Habs RBK hat is going on backwards

And Let the games begin!!!

PS...lets get some more activity on this thread here!!! :clap:

im lucky my GF is not interested all that much in hockey...but always asks who won cause it affects my mood afterwards...but she never tries to interpose between me and the habs.....she plans stuff after or before the game but never during....and as for rituals...i usually HAVE to watch it at home...i hate watching it with newbies screaming at the tv cause kovalev mishandled the puck...so usually i watch it alone...on the same spot on the sofa same position...everything...and at some point i even tought my girlfriend was a habs "oiseau de malheur" i swear to god...each time she would show up from work the opposing team would score a goal....must of happend a dozen times...at one point she wasent aloud near me or the TV lol

just kidding about her not beeing aloud to come near me....but came close :lol:

I brew tea.

Now, I'm no crazy fool -- I realize the idea that making a cup of tea in Tokyo might somehow cause a Canadiens player to score a goal in, say, Boston, is ridiculous.

It only works when the game's at the Bell Centre.

I watch all the games at home normally, if you watch them elsewhere there are to many distractions. My girlfriend understands i like watching the game and actually makes sure the game is on and lays there with me if she wants to spend time with me. I dont like watching games with a big crowd and if montreal just put a streak together(like last yr they blasted the sens witha 3 goal outburst, i dont move my position i sit in them, beacause i believe its bad luck if i do.

I brew tea.

Now, I'm no crazy fool -- I realize the idea that making a cup of tea in Tokyo might somehow cause a Canadiens player to score a goal in, say, Boston, is ridiculous.

It only works when the game's at the Bell Centre.

well tonight i have a few bottles of Trois Pistoles chilling in the fridge and some buddies coming over to watch the game. Maybe some pasta.

We will sit on my couch underneath the fleur-de-lis with habs jersey on and scream at the men on the screen.

Edited by simonus

I used to have a really strict ritual. About 15 minutes before game time, I'd make a bowl of popcorn. Because I used a hot air popper and not the micorwave, I had to melt the butter, so that was a bit of pain in the ass. But after that, I'd get my Habs beer stein and a Coke, always Coke, and then the weirdness would happen. I'd put on my Habs jersey, which was just around anthem time, at which point, I'd sit down and stare at the same spot on the floor until the puck dropped. I wouldn't touch the popcorn during intermissions, and I'd only take a drink during commercials.

Now, the only ritual is microwave popcorn during the first intermission. If the Habs are in a mini-slump, I'll forego the popcorn for a game.

I used to have a really strict ritual. About 15 minutes before game time, I'd make a bowl of popcorn. Because I used a hot air popper and not the micorwave, I had to melt the butter, so that was a bit of pain in the ass. But after that, I'd get my Habs beer stein and a Coke, always Coke, and then the weirdness would happen. I'd put on my Habs jersey, which was just around anthem time, at which point, I'd sit down and stare at the same spot on the floor until the puck dropped. I wouldn't touch the popcorn during intermissions, and I'd only take a drink during commercials.

Now, the only ritual is microwave popcorn during the first intermission. If the Habs are in a mini-slump, I'll forego the popcorn for a game.

wow....such devotion... i mean stare at the same spot...lol great tough...i usually dont change channels...and try to hold in the pee until intermission

Truth be told, I only have rituals once in the playoffs. Same food, same beer, same pre-game song, etc.

As for the girl thing: if you can't share your passions, its jinxed. Besides, victory (even by proxy) has been scientifically proven to raise testosterone levels in males. Usually makes your gf want your team to win even more than you do! :P

Truth be told, I only have rituals once in the playoffs. Same food, same beer, same pre-game song, etc.

As for the girl thing: if you can't share your passions, its jinxed. Besides, victory (even by proxy) has been scientifically proven to raise testosterone levels in males. Usually makes your gf want your team to win even more than you do! :P

yeah but when the team loses its 'no honey, I don't feel like it tonight, I'm off to bed'

My girlfriend is PRG and she is a hottie who loves the Habs I never have issues watching the game's. Usually when I am in Kingston we watch the games at her house with her parents who are also big time Canadiens fans.

Getting ready for a game is not so simple for me as I am allergic to the whole RDS package

so I am always bouble checking if the game isn't produce on a different channel......but most of the

the time it's not...so as the weeks go by my irritations keeps growing and my interest to watch

the game is being challendged without mercy.........RDS c' est l'enfer pour moi.

My girlfriend is PRG and she is a hottie who loves the Habs I never have issues watching the game's. Usually when I am in Kingston we watch the games at her house with her parents who are also big time Canadiens fans.

I love you JMMR!!!!!!! :D almost four years!!!

...... and we both are HABS FANS!!!!!!!! :hlogo: :D

One thing I used to do was wave a real bellcentre bought habs flag that was given to me. But the Philadelphia game (2-4) took the flags life. I smacked it on the floor and it broke :(

I also allways feel that the other team will score if Im not paying attention to the game just like I was on the D :D so Im allways following the game and hates distractions at gametime.

What about flying a Habs flag on your car during the playoffs...my mom bought two sens one a couple of years back...I refuse to fly them on my car...I used to...But this year i'm buying 2 Habs ones and they're going on!!!

Edited by justintb

What about flying a Habs flag on your car during the playoffs...my mom bought two sens one a couple of years back...I refuse to fly them on my car...I used to...But this year i'm buying 2 Habs ones and they're going on!!!

saddly i just lost mine...i mean its been on my car since what...july? lol and the freezing rain we had here was too heavy...got to my friends house and it was there no more....now i need to find me a new one, or couple