Key to a good team...

Habby1197

Balanced scoring... We need to get more 20 goal guys...

Perreault, Zednik, and Koivu aren't enough 20 goal guys... we need 5 or even 6. Who will step up?

I expect Audette to score 20.. So that's 4...

Bulis, he will if he's on the top two lines.

Ward, Possible... probably will get 12-15.

Hossa?

Ribs?

Perreault might not even be here, our scoring depth is in trouble. The Habs are so easy to shut down because once you Shut down Saku and Zed... no one else will create anything.

Should be an intresting summer...

Don't the Rangers also have a lot of ''potential 20 goal guys''? The key here is also team chemistry: we have to get players who will get better as a group.

I think it's time for the Habs to try and develop/trade for higher end talent to compliment players such as Koivu and Markov.

There must be a reason why almost half of Markov's goals were assisted by Koivu as they were shown on highlight clips: they have a hockey sense that not enough Habs have. (Ribeiro is developping is nhl skills, but yeah he surely has those ''high-end'' skills too)

I hope Prezhoughin has better overall attributes than Zednik. (Savard compared him to Zeddy after we drafted him)

Can't wait to see our future core players in action.

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

Originally posted by Markov79

I hope Prezhoughin has better overall attributes than Zednik.

For a guy known for his love of Russian players I've rarely seen a player's name get massacred like that... it's Perezhogin. :)

I agree with the sentiment of your post... chemistry is key and we need to finally surround Koivu with quality players.

Pretty soon this wouldn't sound too bad:

Hossa-Koivu-Perezhogin

Bulis-Ribeiro-Zednik

That completely blows up the future 3rd line I wanted, but this way we finally get 2 talented lines.

That would leave Sundstrom-Juneau-Ward, and eventually Sundstrom-Higgins-Ward.

Like I said we can come up with dozens of different lineups, this is just one of them.

P.S. We'd have to live with Audette instead of Perezhogin for this year... then buyout Audette after this year (we'll even save on the part of the year they're on strike) and hopefully Perezhogin is ready then.

Can't wait for the post-strike Habs, still a little iffy about next year's edition though.

I don't think Jan Bulis has the natural scoring touch to be a consistent top 6 forward: he has a lot of difficulty handling hard, crisp passes in traffic and the puck doesn't really ''stick to his stick''. He's not the best when it comes to making plays happen in tight. Then again he played his 1st full year having quality playing time, he might improve his skills next year, who knows...

For Hossa and Perezhogin to be 1st or 2nd line players it will take them a few years, so I guess Habs77 future lines are the ones we might see in 3 years.

And I doubt Habs management will allow all of our offense to rely on young unproven players( except for Zeddy-Koivu). There will surely be a vet plucked in our top 2 lines.