Game Thread | Toronto vs. Canadiens | 12/02/06

Spider-Man NL

Boo-hoo. He's not the first Habs to get through that and not the last. At 2.66M$ per season and a "A" on his sweater, expectations are rightfully higher than what he's been giving us so far this season.

Indeed. If he was playing at an adequate level I'd be more tolerant, but this man has completely fallen off his skill level from last year.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was so good. Bouillon drops the gloves and just stands there waiting for Tucker to get it on but Tucker pussies out, so Bouillon just tells himself "oooh, what the Hell... " and drops Tucker with ONE right on the kisser.

Can't wait for the vid to come out.

i want it to!!!! Bouillon was great on that....tucker wasent seen much on the ice after that!! MAN I LOVE BEATING THE LEAFS!!!!! (well not me but my beloved team!)

hey wheres bebehabs btw??? havent seen her in a while

Boo-hoo. He's not the first Habs to get through that and not the last. At 2.66M$ per season and a "A" on his sweater, expectations are rightfully higher than what he's been giving us so far this season.

I agree, hell, you're absolutely right, he hasn't been contributing enough, but that's no reason to disrespect him. I guess you're entitled to your opinion... but although there are some Habs players i dislike (and some in the past that i've hated totally), i respect them all for wearing that jersey. Something you apparently do not.

I would like to see Kovalev get some time with Koivu.. right now Ryder is struggling anyway, so perhaps kovalev could get going on the first line for a few games.

I liked Ryder's game tonight. He's always going to be a little akward with the puck, but he had a ton of chances, those are going to start going in very soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on a little streak soon, he's always been that way anyways.

I liked Ryder's game tonight. He's always going to be a little akward with the puck, but he had a ton of chances, those are going to start going in very soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on a little streak soon, he's always been that way anyways.

I couldn't disagree more... Ryder has been getting on my nerves so much.....He gets so many chances and can't bury anything, and always loses the puck and gives up chances to the other team. Honestly after tonight i say trade him if we can...

OH MY GOD...IS ALL I CAN SAY...

Montreal WINS TONIGHT?? I thought the game was for sure over after the 3-1 lead in the 3rd. BUT NO...KOIVU BRINGS US BACK!!!

OH MY GOD THIS WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOO HAAAAAABBBBBBBBSSSS GOOOOOOOOO GREATEST TEAM ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, hell, you're absolutely right, he hasn't been contributing enough, but that's no reason to disrespect him. I guess you're entitled to your opinion... but although there are some Habs players i dislike (and some in the past that i've hated totally), i respect them all for wearing that jersey. Something you apparently do not.

I see "that jersey" as privileged. You don't get respect for being privileged. You get respect by honoring the privileges bestowed upon you.

Not saying that Rivet isn't worthy of being a Habs. I've seen worse, but I've also seen better. And between both, better should be the standard. Rivet might be a great team player and a leader and a veteran; but on the ice he just plain struggles to be adequate. And to be fair, the exact same could be said about Kovalev. These vets have responsibilities to meet and they are not meeting them right now, or since the season began for that matter.

Good enough reason for mockery and criticism? Damn right. Because when they do good, we'd praise their names.

All is fair in love and war.

Edited by KoZed

I couldn't disagree more... Ryder has been getting on my nerves so much.....He gets so many chances and can't bury anything, and always loses the puck and gives up chances to the other team. Honestly after tonight i say trade him if we can...

Ryder has been so off his game, you've got to wonder what's up. Is he injured? Was he told to play differently? Etc. I cringe everytime he tries to control the puck in the offensive zone. He's got poor vision and poor playmaking, so he never seems to know where his linemates are; and when he does he can't create plays.

He's got to go back to basic, which is to just keep it simple and get in scoring position. Otherwise he's aborting plays more than he's creating.

Got to be fair though, Ryder improves other aspects of his game and he's a much more complete player now; but still a long way from being a true 2-way guy. He's much less of a liability in his zone though.

There's gonna be some tough decisions once Higgins comes back. Lats has shown he could keep up and be a good passer, but he also looks much more efficient on the right wing.

I think its time for another lineup idea in the OHCB (Once Higgins Comes Back) thread...

Wow, sounds like a lucky win. What is wrong with the Habs? Why have they been giving up so many shots recently? I get the feeling that the offence isn't doing its job of keeping the puck in the other end and forechecking enough.

KoZed: Heh, alright. I guess i'm just not like that. Around here if a player has a good game, we shower him with adulation, if he has one bad game, it's "TRADE TRADE TRADE!" I just can't be like that, i guess i always try to look at the big picture, the long term, etc.

Truth be told however, even the "big picture" and the "long term" for Rivet isn't all that good at the moment. I remember that breakaway goal he had coming out of the box in some game earlier in the season, but that play and a few other good defensive moves are about all i can remember from him. I wonder if he's just starting to get tired/old. He needs to step up, so does Kovalev...

Iron Man Rivet?.............................He'll be back!!!!!

Trade Samsonav................He will never do good in a Montreal Jersey.

Don't worry boys Habs will win tonight.......4-3 shoot-out.

I have to go out, but will be checking the scoreboard.

Man .....I hate you guys. We were down 2-1 after the first ....I give you a little lovin and no reply. I sure nailed it though.

Maby that is the secret to a Habs cup. Get on with your lives and stop commenting on every little fart that sqeaks out of Kovalev's or any other Habs ASS.

Those that want to trade Rivet? I told you before I will burn the thread . It would be a huge mistake. Teams are built on hard working men that can bond and have a inspiring season beyond WIN or LOSE and bullshit nhl politics. Rivet is a godsend to any team. Don't run him out of town habs lovers. You will regret it it.

If you don't thinkk PROS read these fourms.........let me tell you something.........

They DO!!!!!!!!!!

KoZed: Heh, alright. I guess i'm just not like that. Around here if a player has a good game, we shower him with adulation, if he has one bad game, it's "TRADE TRADE TRADE!" I just can't be like that, i guess i always try to look at the big picture, the long term, etc.

I'm like that too, but we're talking about more than just one bad game here. Rivet's been struggling for a while, not just this season but for some years now. Its always been up and down with him and now there's no ups. With the overall talent of the team rising, his bad play sticks out like a sore-thumb more than ever.

Fans will be forgiving with guys who have limited talent but have a good attitude and try hard, call it the Turner Stevenson Factor. But good attitude and trying only goes so far, especially for a position as unforgiving as defenseman.

Those that want to trade Rivet? I told you before I will burn the thread . It would be a huge mistake. Teams are built on hard working men that can bond and have a inspiring season beyond WIN or LOSE and bullshit nhl politics. Rivet is a godsend to any team. Don't run him out of town habs lovers. You will regret it it.

What the... ?

Are we talking about a hockey team here or group therapy?

Screw you!!!!! It's not about the 3 hours you spend watching the game on T.V.

:huh: Care to explain yourself a little more in details, please?

Well just got home from the game and read the entire thred.

Wow what a comeback, just a terrible first period I felt awful but after Perezhogin scored I cam to life only too see Kovalev take a selfish second penalty and the Leafs capitalize. Thank goodness for Koivu and a great pass/shot from Kovalev.

My record is still not to bad when attending the games this year.

GO HABS GO

As for Rivet he has struggled and I believe he has been injured pretty bad since the Senators game when he left early a week or two off may do him some good.

Rivet was a darned solid D-man in the old NHL...the new NHL is too fast for him to be anything more than a 5-6 pairing dman seeing spot duty. As for the comment about it not being about the 3hrs we see on TV during games...I don't care how good he may be for the dressing room, you can't pay big bucks for a 'character guy' in the salary cap era. If he can accept a reduced role and less money, then great...I'd be glad to see him back with the Habs. But if not, that money is better spent elsewhere.

Oh, and another thing....that little play between Koivu and Kovalev that resulted in a goal tonight....is it just me, or does that look like it has potential to be a set play that they should try often on power plays??? Koivu dishes, Kovy draws attention to him, delays, until Koivu bursts out in front of the net and turns quickly with his stick down for the deflection. I think it could work quite a bit...just like that damn down-low play that Sundin and Tucker run.

Ryder has been so off his game, you've got to wonder what's up. Is he injured? Was he told to play differently? Etc. I cringe everytime he tries to control the puck in the offensive zone. He's got poor vision and poor playmaking, so he never seems to know where his linemates are; and when he does he can't create plays.

He's got to go back to basic, which is to just keep it simple and get in scoring position. Otherwise he's aborting plays more than he's creating.

Didn't you find that he was getting himself in scoring position and taking shots tonight though? I can think of several good scoring chances he had off of the top of my head. I think he'll get on a roll soon...

Other players that stood out for the wrong reasons tonight:

Plekanec: was back to looking somewhat lost on the offensive half of the ice tonight.

Ryder: CRAP! USELESS! But Carbo was giving him a heckuva lot of ice time?!?! Trying to get him to play through the rough patch maybe? I didn't like the strategy in a close game at all!

Didn't you find that he was getting himself in scoring position and taking shots tonight though? I can think of several good scoring chances he had off of the top of my head. I think he'll get on a roll soon...

I found he coughed up the puck a lot and was the reason for several agonizing moments in the defensive zone tonight. He just didn't look confident out there. I wish he could go back to playing like he did in the first few games of the season, when he was playing aggressively and really showing some speed.

Around here if a player has a good game, we shower him with adulation, if he has one bad game, it's "TRADE TRADE TRADE!" I just can't be like that, i guess i always try to look at the big picture, the long term, etc.

I’m with you on this one Claw. It shouldn't be that way.

:hlogo: icon12.gif :hlogo:

"Bob Gainey has never been about the fast track, he is about being on the right track. He knows there will be bumps along the way and you'll have to slow down at times, but if you are on the right road and you know what your destination is, you'll get there."

-Craig Button