The Countdown thread...

The-Habby2919

Come on, which would hurt a kid more: a parent saying they don't like what the kid got them or not getting everything they wanted? Have you people not seen the look on little kids' faces when their parents open their presents? That would be much more devastating than not getting what they wanted.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only had my hair cut five times (I think) since the beginning of Grade 10, which was four years ago. :blink:

Eheheh, you should have seen my parents when they first saw the glam incarnation of their son. Priceless. :lol:

What's wrong with eye makeup? It washes off, it's easy to apply, AND it's really fun to put on. As for me, I desperately want to put a gazillion holes in my ears...and get a lip ring, but I'm concerned about the potential health side effects on that one.

I wonder how hard it is to raise (and FEED) a family in the middle of Africa? Yeah, that's what I thought! Video games = not essential to survival.

I really don't want to think about that Goku part... :blink:

And eye makeup is?

so you're still stuck going to xmas mass ??

I had a hard time staying at my sisters wedding the ceremony was so long and boring( long live cityhall weddings !!)

I just can imagine how the Xmas eve mass must be !!

I had a hard time staying at my sisters wedding the ceremony was so long and boring( long live cityhall weddings !!)

I don't mind the ceremony, it's the afterparty that I hate. All those stupid speeches that all say the same damn thing. I was bored out of my mind at my sisters wedding.

I don't mind the ceremony, it's the afterparty that I hate. All those stupid speeches that all say the same damn thing. I was bored out of my mind at my sisters wedding.

my sister is one of those born again christians and made me say a god bless the lord prayer. thats the last I want to be in a church..ever.

I don't really have much of a choice. Aside from myself, my entire family is Roman Catholic. Religion is no longer suitable dinner conversation.

I don't really have much of a choice. Aside from myself, my entire family is Roman Catholic. Religion is no longer suitable dinner conversation.

so you're kind of the black sheep of the family ??!

Christmas is pretty meaningless when you've got to work on the 24th at night like I did for the past 3 years and will do again this year.

Also pretty meaningless when you're stuck spending it alone.

Also pretty meaningless when its all about who buys what for whom.

I think Christmas is a nice big ol' mirror reflecting how selfish, materialistic and lonely people are the other 364 days of the year.

You make it sound like Valentines Day. Christmas is for family, not the ladies.

Although understandably for you, thats not much either.

I just find it funny how even a topic about Christmas can get turned into the most depressing thing ever. Can't we have just one topic thats filled with (ignorant) happiness? Like, this turned into starving kids in Africa. :huh:

yeah Christmas for family sure.

Thats not what I see on tv, ads, papers, internet, movies, internet.

You go to the family. Its about giving and love. Sorry to be a scrooge but thats the truth.

There's no point to shopping. You go to the mall you see couples. You don't have a significant other and it hurts. You see everybody happy and you're not. Then people think there's something wrong with you.

I haven't been in the christmas spirit for years. Been depressed most of the time in between that and the last two years well they've been pure hell.

My emotions have been through a gitmo, concentration camp and a gulag all at once.

Oh well I guess I was born to suffer aparently. Everything I do ends up horribly wrong and hits me in the face.

Great time to be with family for sure. Don't need to hear there petty problems and how they have it so bad. Please!

Anyway I'm trying to get excited about christmas, I just don't have the energy and am not in the mood.

The Final Countdown.....

Couldn't resist it.

worse song ever.

:blink:

Wait until Tex sees this!!!

Christmas is pretty meaningless when you've got to work on the 24th at night like I did for the past 3 years and will do again this year.

Also pretty meaningless when you're stuck spending it alone.

Also pretty meaningless when its all about who buys what for whom.

I think Christmas is a nice big ol' mirror reflecting how selfish, materialistic and lonely people are the other 364 days of the year.

:clap:

I agree with points 3 and 4.

Well most of the people on here are single guys who have been scorned and have had bad luck with the ladies.

What happens when holidays come around? We get depressed.

Christmas and holidays are only great if you have someone to share it with. Other then that its one giant emotional mess thats depressing.

You know, there's a solution to that. ;)