Game Thread | Boston vs. Canadiens | 12/04/06

Spider-Man NL

bruins_vert.jpgvrssign.gifcanadiens_vert.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

boston50.gif12-10-2 : 26 Points (12th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif15-7-3 : 33 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Boston

1591.gif# 30 Tim Thomas (10-6-2), 3.00 GAA, .906 Save%

Montreal

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (10-3-2), 2.12 GAA, .937 Save%

Bruins Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgCanadienBall.jpgrw.jpg

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Downey - Begin - Murray

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg
Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 26th, 2006:montreal50.gif3 boston50.gif2

MTLBo.jpg

SourayHuetbilde.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& Vslogo2.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.hockeyfights.com/news/65597

Canadiens Salute Montreal-Boston Rivalry

MONTREAL – As part of the festivities leading up to the team’s Centennial to be celebrated on December 4, 2009, the Montreal Canadiens will hold a special ceremony before the game of Monday December 4, the team’s 97th anniversary, to salute the 82-year rivalry between the Canadiens and the Boston Bruins.

On that occasion, some of the greatest players of both organizations will be invited to centre ice. A video-montage depicting some of the most electrifying moments of the Canadiens-Bruins rivalry will be shown on the central scoreboard. Fans in attendance will also receive a magnificent commemorative program highlighting this fierce rivalry, as well as its main actors.

Former Bruins who have confirmed their participation to the ceremony are Milt Schmidt, who played with Boston from 1936 to 1942 and from 1945 to 1955, Johnny Bucyk (1957-1978), Gerry Cheevers (1965-1972; 1975-1980), Wayne Cashman (1967-1983), Carol Vadnais (1971-1976), Rick Middleton (1976-1988) and Raymond Bourque (1979-2000).

Former Canadiens Elmer Lach (1940-1954), Émile Bouchard (1941-1956), Jean Béliveau (1950-1971), Pierre Bouchard (1970-1978), Guy Lafleur (1971-1985), Yvon Lambert (1972-1981) and Chris Nilan (1979-1988; 1992) will also be part of the celebration.

Two of those players lived both sides of the rivalry: Carol Vadnais, who played for the Canadiens from 1966 to 1968, and Chris Nilan, a Bruin between 1990 and 1992.

Over the next two seasons, the Montreal Canadiens will have similar ceremonies to salute the great moments of their rivalries with the Chicago Blackhawks, the Detroit Red Wings, the Toronto Maple Leafs and the New York Rangers.

ahhhh to be the 1st to say:GO HABS GO !!!!

I'll be in my nose bleed seat for this one !!

I will be there as well, I will be in Montreal ealry!

Want to meet up before the game or during intermission?

I will be there as well, I will be in Montreal ealry!

Want to meet up before the game or during intermission?

his your GF coming ?? !! lol kidding

actually, MY GF and her dad will be in the stands so I'll hang out with them.

however, I'll attending many more games this year...we should go for a beer before a game.

my next one will be the 2nd of january against TB

his your GF coming ?? !! lol kidding

actually, MY GF and her dad will be in the stands so I'll hang out with them.

however, I'll attending many more games this year...we should go for a beer before a game.

my next one will be the 2nd of january against TB

Ok thats cool no she will not be there I am going with my dad.

Her parents will be there Jan 2nd but I will not be.

these bruins seem to have picked it up...n e ways they are doing better then the beginning of the season..Chara seems to play well against us...at least one goal by the giant .....so it will be interesting to see what team is going to show up....i cant wait to see the "we are going to play for a full 60 minutes team" !!!

but Xmas is only in 22 days...

GO habs GO

I'll be stuck at work tonight, I think if you show the same effort as last game, then maybe we can win. C'mon boys, make it easy for Cristo tonight!

GO HABS GO!!!

PS - Macaskill, is that Matt Good in your avatar?

Edited by lazy26

I'm going to the game tonight but does anyone know if the special ceremony starts at 7pm or is it earlier like at 6:30pm with the actual game starting at 7?

ceremony starts @ 7PM and the game should starts around 7:30PM afterward! 6:30PM the guys are on the ice for a warm up skate ^_^

GIT-R-DONE!

Worked when I posted it vs. the LOAFS on Saturday................. :clap:

So they gotta sit there for half an hour before the puck drop?

Can you say "slow start" :unsure: At least we'll have an excuse if we come out flat....

I'll be working on my last "big" paper of this semester tonight (haha, one more semester and I have a university degree...odd) so I'll probably be relying on this place for updates.

go habs go!

GO HABS GO!

Game prediction:

Canadiens - 58 (Koivu (23), Samsonov(3), Niinimaa, Souray (2), Kovalev (4), Markov (2), Dandenault, Bouillon, Streit, Bonk (2), Komisarek, Plekanec (3), Downey, Murray, Latendresse (2), Bégin (2), Huet, Johnson, Perezhogin, Carbonneau, Elvis, The San Fransisco 49ers, Freedom, Pi)

Bruins - 0

Edited by Cataclaw

GO HABS GO!

Game prediction:

Canadiens - 58 (Koivu (23), Samsonov(3), Niinimaa, Souray (2), Kovalev (4), Markov (2), Dandenault, Bouillon, Streit, Bonk (2), Komisarek, Plekanec (3), Downey, Murray, Latendresse (2), Bégin (2), Huet, Johnson, Perezhogin, Carbonneau, Elvis, The San Fransisco 49ers, Freedom, Pi)

Bruins - 0

:lol::clap:

GO HABS GO :hlogo: