Game Thread | Boston vs. Canadiens | 12/04/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carbonneu's upset about a missed call...

not that i blame him but one missed call doesn't decide the result of a 60 minute game...

there's too many other factors that come into play in a whole game to blame one isolated incident like that.

it happens to all teams at one time or another...

GO :hlogo: GO!

This missed play did. Ryder got tripped in the offensive zone, but the ref didn't call it (even though it was right in front of him), and the Bruins came down the ice and scored.

I don't know what angers me more. Losing on a blown call like that or losing 4 or 5-1 on a blown game.

Karma's a bitch eh? We get an underseved victory vs Toronto then 2 days leter an underserved loss.

It was clearly a penalty...

However, If Ryder had just lost the puck and held his leg a penalty would have probably been called. Instead he completly flipped over trying to embellish it. The refs don't like that and probably would have called the dive as well. Regardless, the whistrle wouldn have blown and the Bruins would not have scored.

I find it funny that guys are ripping Abby when Huet was awful tonight.

How can you miss a two-handed cross-check to the side of someone's knee? That had torn ligament written all over it, luckily we only lost the game, not the player.

I think we need to look at the positive.

Yes Habs were robbed tonight, but bad goaltending and refereeing were the primary culprits.

The defense was sharp and the offense even sharper. Habs had great control and communication on the ice. There were times they looked totally on fire. The team as a whole (goaltending asside) "clicked" tonight. If that happens next game, barring any stupid non-calls by blind refs, we should come out with a win.

I'd also like to point out Rivet played well tonight, he was solid. (What? Oh, nothing. Just saying.)

Edited by Cataclaw

This missed play did. Ryder got tripped in the offensive zone, but the ref didn't call it (even though it was right in front of him), and the Bruins came down the ice and scored.

yes, it did impact but you can't solidly argue that it was THE defining moment/decision/error/play in the game.

too many other things took place that impacted on the result of the game.

a much more important factor was that huet had an off-game in the 1st & early second period. if huet had've been 'average' (not the usual wall he's been), the game's outcome would likely have been much different - a canadiens win.

but, such wasn't the case tonight. life goes on

Karma's a bitch eh? We get an underseved victory vs Toronto then 2 days leter an underserved loss.

If you're talking about Karma... then remember the goal Markov scored with 1.2 seconds left in regulation to beat the Bruins the last time the 2 teams met. Figures that the Bruins would score with only 2 minutes left to eventually win it on that goal... gah.

I dont think i've been frustrated like this after a game for a long while.. most likely because this is the first game they clearly deserved to win but got robbed.

Too bad. Maybe next time.

yup

I dont think i've been frustrated like this after a game for a long while.. most likely because this is the first game they clearly deserved to win but got robbed.

At the time of the play, I agreed with the ref. Ryder fell late so it looked like he just tripped. On the replay you see it was clearly a penalty though.

But this is what I have to ask. When we play poorly but win everyone is saying we're going to drop down the standings. And then when we play well and lose, everyone's pissed off. Just wait - we'll bounce back next game. And to think, we don't even have Higgins.

Well we are certainly going to be putting our string of zero back to back losses to the test against New Jersey.

Seeing as we have only won 3 of our last 15 with them.

The Ryder call was brutal, the hook lasted for a good 4-5 seconds and directly led to an odd man rush the other way. But the Bruins caught the luck tonight, a banker behind the net, a dribbler that Huet stops 95% of the time and a point shot that hit Souray and went in.

The habs probably should not have snaked a point on Saturday so it all evens out.

The main problem still remains 4 lines playing a solid 60 minutes. Until that happens, nothing will change.

How do 2 refs miss a crosscheck to the legs!!!!!!!!!

Unbeleivable. And if they thought he was diving, they would have called him on it. It's not normal. PPL don't fall for no reason.

Ugh... just got home and checking the score...

Habs get 1-0 lead

Bruins scores 4 straight goals.

Habs comes back with 3 straight goals

Teams trade goals and Boston gets the last on.

What roller-coaster of a game was that?

Anyhow... guess Huet was on an off night. And looks like my sig's magic voodoo powers are still working: Ryder and Kovy scored, Rivet played and picked up an assist. Still, 2nd line could get a goal. Time to expand the sig!

Ugh... just got home and checking the score...

Habs get 1-0 lead

Bruins scores 4 straight goals.

Habs comes back with 3 straight goals

Teams trade goals and Boston gets the last on.

What roller-coaster of a game was that?

Anyhow... guess Huet was on an off night. And looks like my sig's magic voodoo powers are still working: Ryder and Kovy scored, Rivet played and picked up an assist. Still, 2nd line could get a goal. Time to expand the sig!

KoZed, I've been following your sig with great interest... Keep it going. Maybe the Samsonov Jinx will be broken!