Downey & Begin Mix It Up In Practice

JMMR

Ya, we shouldn't be too worried about this. This just proves to us that the team is frustrated over that loss and are turning things up in practice. If I can recall correctly, the previous times this happened with players on our team, the team played well after the incident.

Let's hope this happens again...But yea, no biggy, just shows the desire to win for the squad I think.

I am actually glad this happened. To me it shows how much drive these guys have to play. Downey is showing emotion because he doesn't like sitting on the bench. I would be pissed if he didn't care and just cashed his cheque every 2 weeks.

Ya, we shouldn't be too worried about this. This just proves to us that the team is frustrated over that loss and are turning things up in practice. If I can recall correctly, the previous times this happened with players on our team, the team played well after the incident.

Let's hope this happens again...But yea, no biggy, just shows the desire to win for the squad I think.

Yeah that was between Dykhuis and Zednik!!

click

Downey was right in his comments. He said that the team and the entire league misses emotion, body wise.

He is especially talking for all the other enforcers around the league.

A lot of hockey fan including me misses heavyweight fights, third man in a fight and major brawl.

Yeah that was between Dykhuis and Zednik!!

click

ummm... Komisarek and Higgins actually got into it last year after returning from NY over Christmas. They seemed really embarrassed about it after when the press was talking to them, but they seemed fine.

This quote by Higgs from the article's actually quite funny:

"We've been friends since peewee," Higgins said. "The guys have been ribbing us since practice ended. Mike stayed at my house on Christmas Eve and guys were ribbing me that I was upset because he didn't make my grandmother's bed or we fought over who was getting the aisle on the flight back to Montreal."

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...2d-517757e2cf8d

Koivu and Ribeiro also have mixed it up.

Higgins and Komisarek last year as well.

Yeah, but unfortunately when it was Ribs and Koivu, people used it to bash Ribs. (which just goes to show the bias we all have).

I think this stuff happens all the time, and more often then not, brings the players closer together. I mean, who hasn't gotten in a fight with their brother (assuming you have one) .... :)

Downey was right in his comments. He said that the team and the entire league misses emotion, body wise.

He is especially talking for all the other enforcers around the league.

A lot of hockey fan including me misses heavyweight fights, third man in a fight and major brawl.

There's a CNNSI article about this very topic.

Yes, i actually wish they would stop dressing 7 D and put downey in the game. The 4th line should be able to give them 4 solid shifts per period, get the body checking going. It may get the top 6 more into the game.

Nyce! A fight in practice! That's what this team needs. Begin vs Downey, that's a great match-up, 2 guys who know how to turn their hearts into solid play. Honestly, that's what I consider a good pratice fight. Not the stuff that's happened in the past between Ribeiro and Saku/Rivet.

Yes, i actually wish they would stop dressing 7 D and put downey in the game. The 4th line should be able to give them 4 solid shifts per period, get the body checking going. It may get the top 6 more into the game.

Did you see how well Streit played on the 4th line against Boston. Also should a defenseman get injured or take a fighting major during the game the more defenseman the better. It will cause a top forward to get double shifted.

Did you see how well Streit played on the 4th line against Boston. Also should a defenseman get injured or take a fighting major during the game the more defenseman the better. It will cause a top forward to get double shifted.

Yeahh! I loved Streit on the 4th line. He adds another dynamic to Begin and Murray, and was skating hard. Hopefully he didn't hate it too much and will do it again some time.

"We need to get some emotion, we're too robotic. This isn't the Durham Bulls or the Florida Panthers, it's the Montreal Canadiens. They may not have emotion in Florida, but we have it here."

"I grew up with two brothers and two sisters and we were always fighting. My older brother, Paul, used to beat the crap out of me."

-Aaron Downey, Montreal Gazette