Game Thread | Montreal vs. New Jersey | 12/06/06

Spider-Man NL

How about they play the Islanders first?

when they play buffalo, it'll have been their 5th game in 8 days...

i wonder if they'll be up to it.

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carbo is just being a jerk blaming the refs. The penalty had no bearing on the goal, it was a clean faceoff win, back to the point, one timer from across and boom in the net, no deflection at all. Who else can you blame for that weaksauce besides Aebischer??

Beating the Islanders is a must. If we lose to the Isles and go into Buffalo with it being the 5th game in 8 days as you said...It's going to very difficult to win. Next game is a HUGE win in my opinion.

They better be better then they were tonight. Buffalo will smoke their asses. Be a tough game in Long Island as well. They are playing very well of late. Montreal better get there shit together and this could get ugly. Carbonneau better tighten up on those dumbass penalties. There lucky to escape that first period after the 3 early penalties

Edited by kaos

Frankly, they havent played great since the win in buffy. key though is they're still racking up points when they can. if we can play .25-5.00 hockey when not playing well, we'll be ok.

Abby played great...I think thats something we can all agree on...well I think so at least...

Huet tends to come up with the big save, not let in the soft goal...thats the reason he's the number one.

Aebischer should have stopped that shot.

outcoached?

i don't think so... our boys are still getting outshot to the tune of pretty well 1.5 to 2 - 1 again.

31 to 19... it's hard to win on a consistent basis that way unless the goalie plays like aebischer did tonight and huet did for that november stretch.

That's right outcoached. They are conssitently being outshot by all teams. This boring Kitty by the door style doesn't work in the new NHL. Carbo is still coaching the style he played in the 80s. What a boring style'''we're taking a step back and how long is it going to be before Kovalev, Sansonov and others start whining about this system. The laffs got it but we don't...sorry that is coaching.

How many teams can claim to not dropping 3 in a row? And, when we actually do drop 2 for the 1st time what do we get?

1 point out of it :clap:

No worries. Tomorrow will provide Habs shelter for us all :)

4 games without Higgins to go

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

That's right outcoached. They are conssitently being outshot by all teams. This boring Kitty by the door style doesn't work in the new NHL. Carbo is still coaching the style he played in the 80s. What a boring style'''we're taking a step back and how long is it going to be before Kovalev, Sansonov and others start whining about this system. The laffs got it but we don't...sorry that is coaching.

Number 1 penalty kill in the league and excellent positional play by all 5 skaters on the team gets Carbo comments like this?

Number 1 penalty kill in the league and excellent positional play by all 5 skaters on the team gets Carbo comments like this?

Losing games gets comments like this... :unsure:

It was a decent game... but we still need to learn to play the whole game...

I'm movin' on to tomorrow's game...

:hlogo:

A lot of shots faced by Huet/Aebischer are from outside top points. There's not that much of a threat on many of those shots. The slot is generally closed. They have excellent position play in their own zone. They have to work on playing down low along the boards better. That's the big problem IMO.

Carbo wasn't outcoached by Julien. The Devils have a good team and Brodeur did rob us. More than a few current Devils were coached by Lemaire, Robinson & Burns. That's three coaches that think the same way about the game.

Maybe tonight Julien got Carbo's number. That's fine. But to say the coach is terrible is too harsh IMO.

I am confident that Carbonneau will figure this out.

What a boring game, it almost made me fall asleep

I hope for NJ fans than all their games are not boring like this one.

What a boring game, it almost made me fall asleep

I hope for NJ fans than all their games are not boring like this one.

Probably, why do you think the games there are so ghastly quiet. New Jersey's fans have had their minds numbed into jelly from watching this team over the last decades.

Well at least we got a point out of it. Too bad we gave up the tying goal with 5 minutes left.

About all the slanderous remarks about Carbo ... I've deceided to ignore them all (and other negative comments) since anyone with a keyboard can log their opinions on to the web behind the safety of anonymity, and as another poster wrote, I'd rather look and hear about the positives ... even if it was the exceptional play of Brodeur.

WOOT. Hope we win in NY!

1 Goal is not going to get you a win on any given night...

Plekanek needs to start burying his chances...I am getting tired of him getting Pierre and Yvon psyched up..Hoping for it...and never burying it! He had at least 4 quality chances tonight!!

As for anyone who bags on Abby tonight...Shame on you...The Canadiens were lucky to even manage getting a point out of the Swamp tonight. The score should have probably been 4-1 NJ at the end of regulation. I don't mean to be negative...but if they bring the same game to Long Island and Buffalo...Put two L's in the books. Time to step it up!

NOt only do they seem to be outcoached, but outworked as well. Maybe some of the guys would be better off fighting the other team instead of each other at practices!!!!

As always, we appreciate your positive perspective of things, kaos... :P

Brodeur laughing at our Habs for tonight game ... if you understand french read this part:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/218779.html

>.< all I can say we will make Brodeur to shut up 1 day before he retires XD ... he seem to have fun talking bad and laughing at the habs after tonight games!

Can someone anyone explain to me, why we have not seen some shuffling on the top two lines? I don't think I've been this frustrated in a while. Our second line does nothign and Our first line is marginally better in 5 on 5. Shuffle the damn lines.

Put Kovalev with Koivu to hopefully get him going. Put Ryder with Samsonov and let Sammy do waht h e does best which is pass. But enough is enough. We have a great third line, no scond line and our first is only marginally better. shuffle.

Can someone anyone explain to me, why we have not seen some shuffling on the top two lines? I don't think I've been this frustrated in a while. Our second line does nothign and Our first line is marginally better in 5 on 5. Shuffle the damn lines.

Put Kovalev with Koivu to hopefully get him going. Put Ryder with Samsonov and let Sammy do waht h e does best which is pass. But enough is enough. We have a great third line, no scond line and our first is only marginally better. shuffle.

I agree totally. 27 games have proven that the Kovalev + Samsonov kombo DOESNT work. How many more games do Carbo need to see this? Splite them up!

Some line ideas

Latendresse - Koivu - Kovalev

Samsonov - Bonk - Perezhogin

Johnson - Plekanec - Ryder

Samsonov - Koivu - Perezhogin

Latendresse - Bonk - Kovalev

or how about this line?

Samsonov - Plekanec - Ryder?

Just do something else than Samsonov - Pleks - Kovy all the time.

Here is a game recap. http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1260

I was disappointed last night after the loss but if someone would have told me before the game started that the Habs would head to OT at a 1-1 tie I would have been happy.

Tonight’s game is big, the Islanders are in the thick of things in the Atlantic Division and playing well of late.

Plekanec needs to score on his chances yes it is really starting to frustrate me. Koivu had a not so good game last night thanks to Madden. Kovalev and Samsonov need to be separated. Also watch for next game when the defenseman do not pass the puck to Kovalev in the neutral zone but rather dump the puck in for him to chase. Kovalev hates that style of game to dump and chase because he has the ability to carry the puck over the line, one of two things need to happen, he needs a banger and crasher type player on his line or the defenseman need to recognize when he is on and pass him the puck rather than dump it in.