Game Thread | Montreal vs. New Jersey | 12/06/06

Spider-Man NL

At least we stole 1 pt ... yup let's turn the page and get moving!

I think that is a terrible way to look at this game. WE BLEW A LEAD with 2+ minutes to go. That is terrible, we are not the Leafs and should not be content with a point when we blow a lead with 2 minutes to go and then lose in overtime. This type of attitude is very disconcerning to a longtime habs fan with pride. In the old days this type of travesty would have been looked at exactly like it is, now we just seem to be content floating along and picking up a point. Fans don't even care now when the opposing goalie is actually laughing at us. That means to him, we are a joke! I expect more and was absolutely sick last night when I went to bed, I certainly didn't thank our lucky stars for the point.

However after this little tirade I will say that before the game started I would have been happy for the point, but after watching the whole game, which was about as stimulating as a lawn bowling match, I was expecting more. Gross.

Like I said before however the thing that worries me most is how little people seem to care anymore, always looking "on the bright side", and shrugging off pathetic finishes. shameful

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, we appreciate your positive perspective of things, kaos... :P

And as always you add nothing to the conversation about the game. You know thats what this forum is really for? Not just to bash other people right?

Another loss in the last few minutes of a period. Same as in Boston. This team needs to start playing better in the last minute of periods. Which means keeping Rivet and Souray off the ice during those times.

What the hell happened to Rivet? Last year he looked so good. Must be playing with Markov that made him look good cause he looks like shit out there with Souray

Well the good news is the Habs managed a point out of the game. I thought they played decent in the second period. It seemed to me that after Bonk scored 4 minutes in the Habs tried to win the game 1-0. That kind of game puts you on your heals and lets the other team build momentum. How does an NHL team not even get 20 shots? That is what drives me nuts about this team, if they open it up they can't or won't play defense, if they only play defense the zamboni doesn't even need to go to the Habs offensive zone. Overall another 20 minute collapse, people can blame however, coaching, etc.

Good news:

The third line outstanding again, in my book they are the #1 line and the only ones who come to play every night.

I thought Komi, Dandy and Ninimaa played a solid game.

Aebi stole them a point tonight.

Great Pk again.

Somehow with all the poor play, lack of effort they still have the 3rd most points in the east.

Bad news:

Another late collapse, when will it end?

Stupid penalties.

No ability to create any offense, 18 shots i think.

Once again the second line is MIA.

I think i would like to see Sammy go up with Koivu and Lats back on the 2nd line. I think the 2nd line needs a bit of muscle and perhaps Koivu can get Sammy going.

Potentially, I could see Ryder and Kovalev switching for a few games, but I think lats on the 2nd might be interesting.

And as always you add nothing to the conversation about the game. You know thats what this forum is really for? Not just to bash other people right?

Do you?

Anyway, I think the time has come to split up Sammy and Kovy... It certainly appears that they will never look as good together in reality as they do on paper. I agree that either Kovy or Sammy should go up to the 1st line, and Ryder should come down to the 2nd. This will make the 1st line more creative and inventive, and should also make the 2nd line shoot more.

Brodeur laughing at our Habs for tonight game ... if you understand french read this part:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/218779.html

>.< all I can say we will make Brodeur to shut up 1 day before he retires XD ... he seem to have fun talking bad and laughing at the habs after tonight games!

The unfortunate truth is that he had a point... of course, having said that, it's still pretty low-classy and obnoxious of him to say it about the opposing team... Brodeur pretends to be all "aw shucks" but he's really one of the most obnoxious nhlers out there...

Anyway, I think the time has come to split up Sammy and Kovy... It certainly appears that they will never look as good together in reality as they do on paper. I agree that either Kovy or Sammy should go up to the 1st line, and Ryder should come down to the 2nd. This will make the 1st line more creative and inventive, and should also make the 2nd line shoot more.

Agreed. Definitely agreed. Shuffle the first two lines... just DON'T touch the third line. They're magic.

Do you?

Show me where I bashed anyone and nice job cutting and pasting my answer. Atleast I add something to this forum. You add nothing.

Brodeur can be as cocky as he wants. He owns Montreal. He owns 2 Stanley Cups, an Olympic gold and eventually he'll own most goalie NHL records. As far as I'm concerned he can talk all he wants cause he backs it up.

Show me where I bashed anyone and nice job cutting and pasting my answer. Atleast I add something to this forum. You add nothing.

Brodeur can be as cocky as he wants. He owns Montreal. He owns 2 Stanley Cups, an Olympic gold and eventually he'll own most goalie NHL records. As far as I'm concerned he can talk all he wants cause he backs it up.

Agreed. Brodeur is a cocky bastard, but he's got the credentials to back it up. Being one's of hockey's greats "entitles" him to boast as much as he wants.

Nevertheless, we don't have to like it, and in no way is it good sportsmanship.

And please, kaos, leave my cutting and pasting skills out of this... It's a very sensitive issue with me... :P

My original comment seemed to anger you, and for that I apologize. In no way did I intend to "bash" you... it was simply good-natured ribbing on what I perceive as your typical pessimistic perspective of the Habs. I'm sorry I offended you, and that you feel that I contribute nothing. I don't think that's the case and I'm sure others will agree with me, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Again, I apologize, and I hope this is the end of all of this.

kaos, Lazy26, you're both hall-of-famers... we all love both of you and wish you would get along :P

I certainly enjoy reading both of your comments.

LOL.

Thanks short-handed, and welcome to the board.

Good news:

The third line outstanding again, in my book they are the #1 line and the only ones who come to play every night.

Great Pk again.

Somehow with all the poor play, lack of effort they still have the 3rd most points in the east.

:clap:

QUOTE(Chris @ Dec 7 2006, 06:24 AM)

Good news:

Great Pk again.

that's weird but great.

GO :hlogo: GO!