Game Thread | Montreal vs. New Jersey | 12/06/06

Spider-Man NL

Doh! Good catch, thanks! I've made the correction.

Well done - thanks!

BTW - note re: last paragraph: I believe this would be Julien's second time facing the Habs since being fired.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps someone needs to have a talk with you about our jinxing policy... :P

hahaha

It'd better be cristo clear :contract:

'coz i don't see the difference between that and other stuff written on this board

2 points for them!!!!! :lol:

as long as we outscore them by 2 goals (Koivu, Kovalev)

Brodeur has been human in the last few games and the habs are due in the swamp.

Generally that means he's going to find his form - which he always seems to do against the Habs.

I'm not much for predicting, but tonight's loss by the Habs will have people questioning management's lack of ability to get a trade done to fix the spinning out of control Canadiens. There will be calls for Ryder/Latendresse/Kovalev/Samsonov/(add your favourite whipping player here)'s head and calls will come out from every corner of Habs Nation (borrowed liberally from the Leaf Nation - where everyone overreacts) to get a legitimate first line centre because, of course, Saku Koivu sucks.

I'd like to say that the offensive flair displayed last game against Boston will show itself again, but since the goaltending was pathetic (Cristo's first really bad game - he *is* allowed (though I assume we'll hear calls for his and Abby's head after tonight as well)), then I suggest Carbo will tell the boys to tighten up a little, and as a result, we'll have all the offensive punch of an old, neutered, tri-legged billy goat that just ate a rubber boot.

3-0 for the Devils, Kovy hits his typical 3 posts, Komisarek leaves in the 2nd with a shoulder injury which keeps him out of action for the next six weeks, and Carbo takes two bench minors for whining too much. After the game Gainey will hold an impromptu press conference where he'll call out the players calling them gutless and yellow and insisting we don't need them.

Johan Witehall and Juha Lind will then appear in Montreal.

I say we win this one. Brodeur has an off night, allowing 4 goals in the first, gets pulled and we go on to win 6-1. Ryder finally gets going with a pair and second line breaks through for 3. Other goal is Sourey, blasting a point shot by Brodeur. Great game and we all go to bed with foolish grins on our faces. Enjoy the game folks. Watch for more big hits from "The Cube". So happy he is back. Although our offence will be impressive, it is our solid defensive play that surprises us tonight as we allow a mere 14 shots and make no foolish turnovers. I predict a decisive victory, a thorough "Why are you in the playoff picture?" thumping.

GO HABS GO

Markov has the flu and Niinimaa is taking his place. Also Abby gets the start if it is not already posted.

Every year I wonder this very thought:

"Why don't the Habs get a freakin' FLU SHOT?!"

Streit is also on the 4th again.

December 6, 2006

Game Day: Markov out with flu, Streit and Niinimaa in

Posted by Dave Stubbs @ 5:08 PM

Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov will miss tonight's game against the New Jersey Devils, sidelined by the flu. That makes room for seldom-used Janne Niinimaa on the blue line. Defenceman Mark Streit will move up to play on the fourth line.