Brodeur doesn't want to play for the Canadiens

shortcat1

In a TV interview on RDS TV tonight, New Jersey Devils goalie (Richard ooops :wacko::wacko::wacko:) Martin Brodeur said that he doesn't really want to come & play in Montreal.

He said that he wasn't interested in being under the magnifying glass with regards to his play.

I can't say I blame him.

What do you think?

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

In a TV interview on RDS TV tonight, New Jersey Devils goalie Richard Brodeur said that he doesn't really want to come & play in Montreal.

He said that he wasn't interested in being under the magnifying glass with regards to his play.

I can't say I blame him.

What do you think?

Didn't know New Jersey had a goalie named Richard Brodeur? Any relations to Martin?( funny ha ha)

He's probably more interested in popping his sister in law than playing in Montreal.

Edited by kaos

Not surprised. The media in Montreal is skrewed! The fact that RDS had a headline about Begin and Downey's little tiff is a testement to that! Anything to sell copy .... again, I miss the days of the Nordiques when the French media seemed to focus only on them, and would make them the dysfunctional children of the NHL.

Edited by Bacchus

Not surprised. The media in Montreal is ######ed! The fact that RDS had a headline about Begin and Downey's little tiff is a testement to that! Anything to sell copy .... again, I miss the days of the Nordiques when the French media seemed to focus only on them, and would make them the dysfunctional children of the NHL.

Brodeur could go screw himself for all I care.

He sucks against other teams but his luck is always with him against us!! :angry:

Brodeur could go screw himself for all I care.

He sucks against other teams but his luck is always with him against us!! :angry:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't want Brodeur on our team ... 8 years ago, maybe, but now ... nah! But I think he is right about playing under the magnifying glass in MTL. The media here is exeedinly irresponsible, and sensationalist.

Ah the attitude, like we want him. He's good maybe the best, but oooooooooold!!(older than Huet) (This year Huet is better, last year Huet was better. And the year before that there was no big diff.)

Exactly.

Thanks, but no thanks: I'll stick with Huet... I've NEVER liked Brodeur, even though a few years ago I had to admit he was good, but there's just something so fake about the guy.

good for him.

honestly, I can see why he doesn't want to come to mtl. not all french players want to play in montreal with the media pressure and passionate fans.

however, if montreal was at the top of the league for a few years, players would change their mind.

Didn't know New Jersey had a goalie named Richard Brodeur? Any relations to Martin?( funny ha ha)

He's probably more interested in popping his sister in law than playing in Montreal.

i so wanted to be the one to bring up the sister in law!

Why does everyone sound like sour grapes?

He's still one of the top goalies in the league, and he took a bad team in the first months of 05-06 and backstopped them to another division title last season. And he's not had a serious drop in production or health in the last few years. He's got no back-up, no prospect pushing him, and all he does is rack up wins. I'd take him for a year or three, even as a mentor to a prospect like Carey Price, Jaroslav Halak or Yann Danis.

But he went through a pretty hostile divorce. In New Jersey. In Montreal, he could have scored every goal himself in a 3-0 win over TO, and the divorce would still be front page.

Let's just say for some crazy reason he did come to the Habs in March.

His song would change completely and he would say all the good things that one should say about Montreal media.

Bunch of whatever........Just like the Souray situation. He's being so careful what he says now, because he doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

If he gets traded he'll say "Montreal has been great to me but I'm glad to get out of the spotlight, There is more to life then hockey"

And if he stays " I love Montreal, the media, this is a hockey city "

Politically correct crap. My point? It's all bullshit.

Let's just say for some crazy reason he did come to the Habs in March.

His song would change completely and he would say all the good things that one should say about Montreal media.

Bunch of whatever........Just like the Souray situation. He's being so careful what he says now, because he doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

If he gets traded he'll say "Montreal has been great to me but I'm glad to get out of the spotlight, There is more to life then hockey"

And if he stays " I love Montreal, the media, this is a hockey city "

Politically correct crap. My point? It's all bullshit.

if you want to see a nice example of that, check the movie BULL DURHAM. At the end, the rising rookie is trained on how to handle media interviews. Very pointed and funny.

this is a complete non-story.

how's that?

if you want to see a nice example of that, check the movie BULL DURHAM. At the end, the rising rookie is trained on how to handle media interviews. Very pointed and funny.

I'll have to ceck that out. All these guys at some point get media training and that's fine. I just hate the bull. Yu can smell it a mile away, at the same time you know when it's sincere. Like Higgins, I truly beleive he is a happy habs. I think Souray could care less, he'll go where the money is.

That's why I think the media wants and loves frnch canadian players,because 9 out of 10 times their loyaltly and heart is with the red white and blue. In all fairness, to all players....the Montreal media blows when it comes to the Habs. If I was Captain of the Montreal Canadiens I'd tell them all to F*&^K-OFF. :lol:

O-YA by the way....

RIVET RULES!!!!!!

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

I'll have to ceck that out. All these guys at some point get media training and that's fine. I just hate the bull. Yu can smell it a mile away, at the same time you know when it's sincere. Like Higgins, I truly beleive he is a happy habs. I think Souray could care less, he'll go where the money is.

That's why I think the media wants and loves frnch canadian players,because 9 out of 10 times their loyaltly and heart is with the red white and blue. In all fairness, to all players....the Montreal media blows when it comes to the Habs. If I was Captain of the Montreal Canadiens I'd tell them all to F*&^K-OFF. :lol:

O-YA by the way....

RIVET RULES!!!!!!

i certainly sympathize with that... those guys can be unrelentingly cruel.

Yvon Pedneault surprised me in the Canadiens/Islanders game... he actually gushed about some Canadiens players (Streit & Plekanec)... it was a nice surprise...

how's that?

considering that Brodeur has signed multiple FA contracts with NJ, I just assumed that the guy had little interest playing montreal or any city other than NJ.

Also, we all know that a lot of quebec-born players choose not to play for montreal for a variety of reasons, some of which were ennunciated by Brodeur. It wasnt shocking.

He's just one player who is in the latter portion of his career. I don't the the habs are relying on quebec-born players choosing to come to mtl for the end of their careers...

I like Huet, I like many of the up and coming, cost-controlled, goaltenders in our system. I don't care about a 5-6 mil goaltender with declining abilities.

Non-story.

considering that Brodeur has signed multiple FA contracts with NJ, I just assumed that the guy had little interest playing montreal or any city other than NJ.

Also, we all know that a lot of quebec-born players choose not to play for montreal for a variety of reasons, some of which were ennunciated by Brodeur. It wasnt shocking.

He's just one player who is in the latter portion of his career. I don't the the habs are relying on quebec-born players choosing to come to mtl for the end of their careers...

I like Huet, I like many of the up and coming, cost-controlled, goaltenders in our system. I don't care about a 5-6 mil goaltender with declining abilities.

Non-story.

I agree, this is a non-story. What Martin Brodeur said is simply a matter of fact. Not many players, French, English, Russian, or whatever would tolerate the pressure of the Montreal fans and media. Nothing wrong with those players, simply stating a truth and their personal preference, respect them for being honest. B)