Spider-Man NL

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my score prediction:

Montreal 4- Islanders 2

For Montreal: Bonk, Perezhogin (Give this line more ice time!! They deserve it!), Koivu on PP, and Souray Bomb from Point

For NYI: Satan 2

I cant emphasize enough...Kovalev dislikes Plekanek, and him and Samsonov are not meant for each other.

I dont see samsonov using his speed out there as much as I'd like lately....

When Higgins Returns...I'd like to see this lineup

Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev

Samsonov-Higgins-Ryder

Johnson-Bonk-Perezhogin

Streit, Murray, Downey (rotate)-Begin-Plekanek

Edited by justintb

I heard on RDS last night that Gainey was talking to Carbonneau during practice. He was asking Carbo if there was any chance he could play Bonk between Samsonov and Kovalev.

Plekanec is suited for the 3rd line in my opinion, so it wouldn't be crazy to test it out 1 game. Bonk/Johnson can still continue to kill penalties as they have.

I guess there are some reports that the Canadiens may have a few different line combos tonight.

Hopefully this will shake things up a bit. I don't care how comfortable the Habs might be on their current lines, I WANT RESULTS! GOOD RESULTS!

Open the floodgates: GO HABS GO!

:hlogo:

Hopefully this will shake things up a bit. I don't care how comfortable the Habs might be on their current lines, I WANT RESULTS! GOOD RESULTS!

Open the floodgates: GO HABS GO!

:hlogo:

Agreed. When you're having that much trouble scoring, it's time to change things up...

Hey Justintb, when you say Kovy dislikes Plek..is that professionally..or personally?

Well, They situate themselves apart from each other on the bench (I have noticed)...And from a Personal perspective...that is the general idea that I am getting from it...Kovalev only plays when he's motivated...Pleks has not been burying any chances he's getting. Therefore, I think the jump up for Kovalev to the first line playing with Koivu would make him play up to his standards again. They play great on the first PP unit together...why not try it? It wouldn't hurt...Obviously the second line doesn't have the chemistry that It was expected to..so might as well toss things up for tonight!

justintb brings up a good point: even though Kovy and Ribs were hardly a match made in heaven, Kovy always sat beside Ribs on the bench and was chatting it up with him constantly. I just don't see any sort of connection between him and Plekanec.

I smell a hat trick up a certain player's sleeve.

I sure hope it's a Habs' sleeve!

I get the feeling that either Sammy or Ryder will bury all their chances tonight.

I think the only player in this team who can play with Kovalev is Koivu.

As he has proved before, Koivu can make any winger look good. The problem with Kovalev is his attitude. I recall a play where there was a 2-on-1 with Kovalev and Plekanec. Plekanec kept the puck and shooted instead of passing it to Kovalev, even though he did score Kovalev didn't look happy about that. I don't think he would had that attitude if it was Koivu shooting the puck. Plekanec is still too green to face the pressure of playing with a Kovalev...

Go Habs Go!

(no prediction for tonigh :unsure: )

hey ho! let's go!

GO :hlogo: GO!