Game Thread | Montreal vs. New York | 12/07/06

Spider-Man NL

You get full prediction credit. I just want full mystical influence credit. ;)

Kovalev and Samsonov can be traded. I keep Ryder and Rivet. Rivet is a solid 4 or 5th Defenseman and provided locker room leadership. Ryder is a streak scorer and his defense is improving. Kovalev with Koivu worked last night but he is too high maintenance for my team. Samsonov may come out of his slump but I am willing to let him do it for another team. B)

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good nice win.

I'm taking full credit for getting Ryder and Kovy out of their funk with the magic of my voodoo sig. Ryder has 4 pts and Kovy 3 since I put them in. Not to mention Rivet has 2 pts. Now if only Sammy could get going... :P

BTW, Streit looked sharp as a forward. Maybe Carbo's reading the forums, since I suggested that a month ago: http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?act=...st&p=150900

Three cheers for KoZed, our resident wizard.

Please predict a Stanley Cup win now, and i can sleep well tonight.

:hlogo:

Kovalev and Samsonov can be traded. I keep Ryder and Rivet. Rivet is a solid 4 or 5th Defenseman and provided locker room leadership. Ryder is a streak scorer and his defense is improving. Kovalev with Koivu worked last night but he is too high maintenance for my team. Samsonov may come out of his slump but I am willing to let him do it for another team. B)

I don't know how willing another team would be to swallow those salaries for the production they give, even if Gainey does want to trade them. In the world of the Cap, a rich team can't take someone on just cuz they have the money; they might still need that money for someone who's going to be more worth it...

Here are the Eastern Conference wide stats as they apply to the Canadiens:

1st in PK

2nd in PP

8th in goals for.

2nd in goals against

3rd in wins

3rd in loses

4th for the home record

4th for the road record

6th in OT loss

:clap:

These starts are all reflective of the positive in their respective columns. That is, 3rd in loses means they are 3rd best in the conference.

All 4 can be traded, honestly. But all 4 trades would have major drawbacks except maybe Ryder.

Three cheers for KoZed, our resident wizard.

Please predict a Stanley Cup win now, and i can sleep well tonight.

:hlogo:

Hey hey, I dont predict anything... I just throw stuff out there and the Hockey Gods do the rest... :P