Game Thread | Montreal vs. New York | 12/07/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only counted 6....but nobody said i'm great at math

This should set the record straight... The Leafs site itself shows that the Leafs are winless in the last 6 games... They last won Nov 24 vs. WASH

EDIT: Perhaps whatever source it was meant that the Leafs have lost 9 of their last 11... That is true.

Edited by lazy26

jacques demers is saying that he expects that latendresse is going to stay on the 1st line and that higgins will be placed on the 2nd line... hmmm...... i don't know...

How quickly people forget. I think it will be the opposite. Higgins was the offensive engine of this team until his injury.

How quickly people forget. I think it will be the opposite. Higgins was the offensive engine of this team until his injury.

You're right of course. But perhaps he thinks Higgins can jump-start the 2nd line. I don't think Lats can do that.

At this point I think Lats should stay with Koivu while he is producing....He's more valuable there than with anyone else.

I do think Higgins should be back on the first line too....Where Ryder goes I don't know. Like I said before he can't put a golf ball in teh ocean the way he's playing right now. Every game he is set up perfectly by either lats or Saku and doesn't finnish. Tonight that was more like 5 times.

jacques demers is saying that he expects that latendresse is going to stay on the 1st line and that higgins will be placed on the 2nd line... hmmm...... i don't know...

makes sense, in a way...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Alot of people aren't going to like this. But at the same time Carbonneau now has an evil weapon. With the emergence of Latendresse, he can mix the old line 1 with the new line 1. Plus if he plays his line 1 and 2 equally (the old line 1A and 1B Gainey term from last year) it could be deadly. Higgins might accept this if Carbonneau holds true with equal ATOI for lines 1 and 2.

I'd love to see it. I'd screw up the opposition. 1Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder and 2Kovalev-Higgins-Samsonov. Later on in the game send out Higgins-Koivu & Ryder. Kovy then centers Latendresse and Samsonov.

Start the 3rd with 1Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder and 2Kovalev-Higgins-Samsonov again.

Have fun :P

We're gonna be dynamite. :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Good game, much more entertaining than yesterday's snooze fest

If Ryder and Samsonov can find a way to score this team will really be in bussiness. I'm not worried for Ryder, he will de-block eventually.. but samsonov mmmmm he makes me angry

Niniimaa has played decently which is already a big upgrade over what i'm used from him and Streit-Bégin is a good 4th line combo

Could Monsieur Latendresse be knocking on the outside of Calders door?

This is awesome :hlogo:

The thing that frustrates me with Samsonov is his lateral passes are intercepted alot.

And, by gosh man. CRASH THE NET IF YOU HAVE TO! He has excellent puck possesion qualities like Kovalev. He's playing brilliantly in a way. It's wierd. It's almost like he has a curse on him or something.

Beats me.

I just caught the replays of the game. Is it just me, or does Koivu fall down pretty much every time he scores? :D

LOL

I've been noticing this too, and i've thought it everytime. I see i'm not the only one who's noticed it.

I think it's hilarious. Koivu rocks. Haha.

I think Kovy and Sammy should be separated though, and I like Higgins on the wing, I believe you remove some of his effectiveness as a goal scorer at C. At the same time I think Lats should remain with Koivu where he will continue to be effective and grow in confidence. I would like to see

Higgins Koivu Latendresse, but that does little to address our second line issue. Imo we're more likely to see Higgins Koivu Kovalev and Samsonov Plekanek Ryder.

Of our 5 top 6 wingers if you include Lats, Higgins is ountouchable and Ryder is the only other one not under contract next year and has proven to be hard to bargain with in contract disputes. THus I would not be surprised to see Ryder moved at some point...but who knows...You put Lats back on thefourth line? He has 11 points in 14 games since moving up.....

I don't know, I just don't know.

I think Kovy and Sammy should be separated though, and I like Higgins on the wing, I believe you remove some of his effectiveness as a goal scorer at C. At the same time I think Lats should remain with Koivu where he will continue to be effective and grow in confidence. I would like to see

Higgins Koivu Latendresse, but that does little to address our second line issue. Imo we're more likely to see Higgins Koivu Kovalev

and Samsonov Plekanek Ryder.

Of our 5 top 6 wingers if you include Lats, Higgins is ountouchable and Ryder is the only other one not under contract next year and has proven to be hard to bargain with in contract disputes. THus I would not be surprised to see Ryder moved at some point...but who knows...You put Lats back on thefourth line? He has 11 points in 14 games since moving up.....

I don't know, I just don't know.

Good points there. But that just furthers what we are talkin about here. We're kids in a candy store :P

Higgins Koivu Latendresse? Yeah, I'd rate that "nuclear" :clap:

Higgins Koivu Kovalev? Yeah, I'd rate that "nuclear" :clap:

Samsonov Plekanek Ryder. Yeah, I'd rate that "nuclear" :clap:

I'm loving this. So very happy. Carbonneau, Muller and Jarvis are going to work out the kinks. We'll be ready.

Here are the league wide stats as they apply to the Canadiens:

1st in PK

4th in PP

11th in goals for.

13th in goals against

8th in wins

7th in loses

10th for the home record

11th for the road record

8th in OT loss

...AND GAMES IN HAND

INCREDIBLE

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Best part of tonight beside the Habs win and the Leafs loss, is the Sabres loss. Should the Habs beat them on Saturday only 6 points will seprate them. The Habs must come out flying Saturday, Huet will have to be remarkable as the Sabres are still yet to lose two in a row.

leafs is no longer in the race.. they seem to be asking for an early vacation! lol gotta love it when they lose especially losing 6th straight and 9th lost in last 11 games hahaha! LMAO ...

We still got 1 important thing to figure out... the 2nd line ... can't always rely on Koivu, if the mix up line works out good, let's use it against these Sabres ... we got a northeast division leader to catch up =) btw Ryder please get some contact lens!

screw the leafs in the meantime loads of problem to be fixed up down there! Poor leafs sending Tellqvist down to Phoenix he so doing fine over there! lmao

Good nice win.

I'm taking full credit for getting Ryder and Kovy out of their funk with the magic of my voodoo sig. Ryder has 4 pts and Kovy 3 since I put them in. Not to mention Rivet has 2 pts. Now if only Sammy could get going... :P

BTW, Streit looked sharp as a forward. Maybe Carbo's reading the forums, since I suggested that a month ago: http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?act=...st&p=150900

Good nice win.

I'm taking full credit for getting Ryder and Kovy out of their funk with the magic of my voodoo sig. Ryder has 4 pts and Kovy 3 since I put them in. Not to mention Rivet has 2 pts. Now if only Sammy could get going... :P

BTW, Streit looked sharp as a forward. Maybe Carbo's reading the forums, since I suggested that a month ago: http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?act=...st&p=150900

Your taking full credit? Im the one who predicted Ryder would get going after the Toronto game. Give me at least 50/50 credit on that no?

leafs is no longer in the race.. they seem to be asking for an early vacation! lol gotta love it when they lose especially losing 6th straight and 9th lost in last 11 games hahaha! LMAO ...

We still got 1 important thing to figure out... the 2nd line ... can't always rely on Koivu, if the mix up line works out good, let's use it against these Sabres ... we got a northeast division leader to catch up =) btw Ryder please get some contact lens!

screw the leafs in the meantime loads of problem to be fixed up down there! Poor leafs sending Tellqvist down to Phoenix he so doing fine over there! lmao

don't hold your breath on that... the season is long and all teams go through slumps of some size or other at some time or other... maybe this is their slump and they'll rebound... we don't know

it's still the same team that produced very well in the earlier part of the season... it can happen again (and we can go into a prolonged funk)

GO :hlogo: GO!

That was a very good effort and win. That was the best the played since beating Minnesota. All 4 lines had some quality chances, thge second line actually played in the other teams zone for a while. Ninimaa looked real solid again.

The only problem i had with last night is some brain cramps in the last 5 minutes to try and let the Isles get cack into it.

Huet looked a bit shakey in the first but came on strong. We'll find out satrurday on him.

What I liked was that we got 3 garbage goals in the game. Those goals are a sign of a team crashing the net, something they have not done enough of this year.

Of course, it is only the first and third lines doing it, but maybe the 2nd line can watch the tapes.... :)

Your taking full credit? Im the one who predicted Ryder would get going after the Toronto game. Give me at least 50/50 credit on that no?

You get full prediction credit. I just want full mystical influence credit. ;)