Markov

pfloro10

where was markov tonight. i must have missed something is he injured and if so why is he not reported as such on nhl.com or tsn.ca. we really missed him tonight especially on the pp for his mobility

He had the flu.

game time decision for tonight. I have to say that niinima played well as a replacementé maybe playing against his former team would spark him up !!

game time decision for tonight. I have to say that niinima played well as a replacementé maybe playing against his former team would spark him up !!

No matter how good Niinimaa played I would still rather have Markov at 60-70%. The Habs will dress 7 defense no matter what tonight though.

No matter how good Niinimaa played I would still rather have Markov at 60-70%. The Habs will dress 7 defense no matter what tonight though.

Couldn't agree more... Did anyone see how Streit played on the 4th last night? Was he good?

I disagree, the last thing I want to see is a sick player along his mates, he could infect his teammates wich could result in more players being sick. besides, like I said niinima played well last night. he'll never beat an healthy markov but he did what he had to do yesterday.

It depends on what you mean by good. The 4th line had a few shifts of good forechecking. They didn't play bad in their own end. They didn't create anything in the way of offense. The 1 PP they had Streit played on the point. He is a good skater, but as a forward he gets knocked off way too easy. So overall he was fine, just like his linemates.

It depends on what you mean by good. The 4th line had a few shifts of good forechecking. They didn't play bad in their own end. They didn't create anything in the way of offense. The 1 PP they had Streit played on the point. He is a good skater, but as a forward he gets knocked off way too easy. So overall he was fine, just like his linemates.

Streit is consistently overmatched physically defense or forward. And I have never seen his so-called offensive skill

Edited by Nilan25

You wanna know how valuable Markov is to this team? Look at Craig Rivet. Looked very good last year and previous years as well! Why? Because he was teamed with Markov mostly. Now? Teamed with Souray, he looks like a Pylon most nights. I wonder why Komisarek has looked so good this year?

I thought Komi looked good with Ninimaa last night. I think Komi will look good with any pairing. I think he has graduated to be a real solid stay at home D man. But i do agree with you about various players being paired with Markov. definitely inhances there performance.

You wanna know how valuable Markov is to this team? Look at Craig Rivet. Looked very good last year and previous years as well! Why? Because he was teamed with Markov mostly. Now? Teamed with Souray, he looks like a Pylon most nights. I wonder why Komisarek has looked so good this year?

Good point. But Komi has come a long way in his own right. Offensively and defensively his game has improved, and it can't be *all* Markov's influence.

But it can't hurt.

Komisarek played exclusively with Markov last season. Rivet was mostly with Souray and Dandenault/Bouillon

For the most part Markov played with Rivet. It was not until early Feb. That Markov and Komisarek become a regular tandem.

Couldn't agree more... Did anyone see how Streit played on the 4th last night? Was he good?

IMo the 4th line was just.. they're. They did what they had to. The only line that was really frustrating yesternite was the 2nd, as usual. Seems like to me than samsonov just dont give a ****.

I disagree, the last thing I want to see is a sick player along his mates, he could infect his teammates wich could result in more players being sick. besides, like I said niinima played well last night. he'll never beat an healthy markov but he did what he had to do yesterday.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be funny to see him ralph all over a guy coming down the ice on a rush?

:puke:

Edited by RobRock

Yeah, but wouldn't it be funny to see him ralph all over a guy coming down the ice on a rush?

:puke:

would be a pukey sight... :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

GO :hlogo: GO!

It would have been a better decision to send Markov in MTL right after New-Jersey game to give him a 3 day rest instead of keeping him with the team and risking other players catch his flu.

We need him more on Saturday night against the best team in the league than caughing in the bus in Long Island.

I think they've got Streit on the fourth line because 1. He's too good to sit in box all the time and 2. because his defensive minded presence eases the burden on Begin which lets him loose and run wild and do what he does.

Niniimaa plays because if he doesn't, how can Bob trade him?

P.S. Begin= #2 in the league in HITS (94 in 28GP)

Komisarek= #8 in the league, #1 among Defence in HITS (85 in 28GP)

Nhl.com, see for yourselves.