I closed it because it was degenerating into yet another linguistic argument, which isn't appropriate for these boards.

I would gladly have split the posts that went overboard to keep the relevant posts in the thread, but since the entire thread had a controversial slant from the first posts on, splitting the thread would have achieved nothing.

You're welcome to start another Koivu appreciation thread... if we can be spared the whole Koivu-hating-French-press-conspiracy diatribes.

KoZed smacks down the law

hammer.gif

That was not my intent. It is obtuse to dismiss the French press"s antipathy does not have to do with the fact he does not speak French. It was an active discussion, you were wrong to sanitize it.

That was not my intent. It is obtuse to dismiss the French press"s antipathy does not have to do with the fact he does not speak French. It was an active discussion, you were wrong to sanitize it.

#1- Not saying it was your intent, only that its how it evolved.

#2- It is obtuse to take any criticism toward Koivu that might have been voiced by some "experts" and try to paint it as a widespread "antipathy" from "Koivu haters" all over the "French press" rooted in some linguistic cabbale

#3- Not all "active discussions" are relevant or appropriate for these boards.

#4- I am a mod, it is my duty to sanitize the unsanitory

#5- I am never wrong (well there was this one time, 15 years ago, when I was really drunk and... )

If you've got any more questions, PM me or any other mod.

Otherwise...

Sky = blue

Grass = green

Case = closed

Edited by KoZed