HABS vs SENS (Gamethread)

puck7x

2-2! Ryder scores again on the PP. Great shot by the Newf.

Man, is that kid ever gonna be a clutch player.

3-2! 3-2! 3-2!!!!

40 seconds to go!!!!

I think Begin batted it out of the air, backwards, between his legs, and in front of the net.

[Edited on 2004/2/25 by Toren]

Juneau scores in the empty net. First goal in 18 games.

Man, does this feel good. When Begin scored, it was like a playoff OT winner. Everyone piled on the defenceman who shot from the point (Cube?)

This team has heart!

You think they are down but they just keep coming back... That losing streak had me scared for awhile , and hey... they'll probably put a few more scares into me before the end of the season... But hey! We showed up and competed!!!!

7 points up on Sabres! suck it Buffalo. lol

I though at the time that Souray's injury, which wasn't addressed by Gainey through trade, was going to cost us yet another game.

Unexperienced Komi set the tone for the Leaf game and we never recovered, then it looked like another seldom used Dman Dykhuis had done it again with a costly mistake at the worst time.

But we somehow pulled it out... but I liked the way the played all game, even in we hadn't managed to come back we played them hard all night.

I'd like to point out Ribeiro's inspired effort at the end. He saved the puck at the blueline to keep it in, then went to the net and took out the D man so that Begin was free to shield Lalime and even deflect it in.

Ribeiro doesn't get enough credit for the fact he plays with passion when the chips are down. I love that about him.

While I'm praising, why the HELL can't Zednik play like this at least half the time?..

It's a crime for a guy who can be this dangerous on a good day to be so damn invisible most games.

But remember Zed in the playoffs 2 years ago, maybe Zednik is a playoff time/big game player and we simply haven't had many of those since he's gotten here.

As the team improves and we play more often in meaningful late season/playoff games maybe we'll find out we have a bigger asset in Zednik than we think.

Bouillon played a great one, his blend of superb mobility and deceptive strength is a real asset against a team like Ottawa.

I'd like to see CJ adapt playing times more to who matches up well against the opponent, or who is simply having a great night... when all will be healthy.

Btw Markov should be back tomorrow according to RDS during the telecast... so we don't need Dykhuis anymore.

Excellent game, I'm so glad they pulled this one out! I was a little worried about Ottawa (gee, I wonder why?) but a passionate effort came from all corners and it was great to see. Well, except for Perreault, but I'm just going to go with appearances and pretend he wasn't there. ;) Ryder's game in particular though just keeps getting better by leaps and bounds. He's a joy to watch.

What a game, and what a huge win!!!!

If they can play like this now for the rest of the season, they'll be in good shape come playoff time...

If only Gainey could pick up someone to fit in on the second line with Ryder and Ribeiro, it could lethal!!!

:ghg: