Bulldogs vs Syracuse Crunch --- 12/10/06

Lammy

it's good to notice that after yesterday's 3 pts performance, kostitsyn has 18points in 20 games...not bad at all !! he's on pace for a 70 points season unless he's recalled up.

it's good to notice that after yesterday's 3 pts performance, kostitsyn has 18points in 20 games...not bad at all !! he's on pace for a 70 points season unless he's recalled up.

quiter game for AK46

only two points !!! :clap:

I want to know who's still calling this guy a bust? :angry:

Until he carries it on to the NHL I guess he'll always have his doubters. High expectations for a 10th overall pick, especially with guys drafted after him like Carter, Brown, Bernier, Parise, Seabrook, Nilsson, Kesler, Getzlaf, Richards, Perry, Eaves and *gasp* Bergeron all in the NHL already.

Edited by KoZed

I am one of the many who call him a bust...in MTL.

I believe he could show the same numbers in NHL with a team like Chicago, St-Louis, Florida or anywere that he can play with the first two lines.

The day that the Habs signed Samsonov for two years was the day that the Habs staff called him a bust in MTL leaving him no room in the offensive lines.

I am one of the many who call him a bust...in MTL.

I believe he could show the same numbers in NHL with a team like Chicago, St-Louis, Florida or anywere that he can play with the first two lines.

The day that the Habs signed Samsonov for two years was the day that the Habs staff called him a bust in MTL leaving him no room in the offensive lines.

Samsonov is a LW and Kostisyn is a RW. What do the two have to do with each other?

Kostitsyn will have his day. Especially since our two first line right wings are stinking it up with goose eggs right now (Ryder and Kovalev). He is getting the time he needs right now in the AHL to rack up the points. Once he gets his full confidence going he will get another call-up I'm sure. This isn't a Hainsey situation here!

Wow near a point a game in the AHL in his third year. I am so impressed.

He is not 19 years old anymore he's turning 22 and his last stunt in Montreal he was given the chance to produce and he didn't. And Carbo

said he showed no passion.

So good if he is getting more points maybe well have better value for his 800 000$ lazy ass.

Wow near a point a game in the AHL in his third year. I am so impressed.

He is not 19 years old anymore he's turning 22 and his last stunt in Montreal he was given the chance to produce and he didn't. And Carbo

said he showed no passion.

So good if he is getting more points maybe well have better value for his 800 000$ lazy ass.

Wow, you're off the deep-end with this guy for some reason. This is his second season in the AHL. He played 66 games last year. The season before he was playing in Moscow. He almost made the Habs out of training camp this season.

Wow, you're off the deep-end with this guy for some reason. This is his second season in the AHL. He played 66 games last year. The season before he was playing in Moscow. He almost made the Habs out of training camp this season.

No it's his 3rd season in the AHL. He played as a 19 year old, then last year he was 20 and among the youngest players on the team (with 2 months or so) this year he's 21 and will turn 22 in feb. He was easily one of the Habs top AHL players last year and he is doing it again this year. But he can be lazy and he does take shifts off, I doubt that ever really goes away and who knows if the Habs will put up with it, although Kovalev does it, but he can produce at a good rate whereas Kostitsyn would be luck to produce at half that clip as a young player.

He looks good out there, the Milroy Grabovski Kostitsyn line is no doubt the top line in Hamilton and they have been impressive.

No it's his 3rd season in the AHL. He played as a 19 year old, then last year he was 20 and among the youngest players on the team (with 2 months or so) this year he's 21 and will turn 22 in feb. He was easily one of the Habs top AHL players last year and he is doing it again this year. But he can be lazy and he does take shifts off, I doubt that ever really goes away and who knows if the Habs will put up with it, although Kovalev does it, but he can produce at a good rate whereas Kostitsyn would be luck to produce at half that clip as a young player.

He looks good out there, the Milroy Grabovski Kostitsyn line is no doubt the top line in Hamilton and they have been impressive.

I'm surprised to see that Milroy is significantly ahead of both Grabovski and Kostitsyn in goals scored:

Milroy has 12; both Grabovski and Kostitsyn have 7. I suggest bringing Milroy up but I think it is better for Grabovski's and Kostitsyn's development to keep Milroy playing with them.

2003-04 CSKA Moscow Russia 11 0 1 1 2 -- -- -- -- --

2004-05 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 66 12 11 23 24 3 0 0 0 0

2005-06 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 64 18 29 47 76 -- -- -- -- --

2005-06 Montreal Canadiens NHL 12 2 1 3 2 -- -- -- -- --

2006-07 Montreal Canadiens* NHL 4 0 0 0 0

2006-07 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 21 7 13 20 19

For some reasons that are years 2004-2005, 2005-2006 and 2006-2007.

He almost made the cut but a 19 year old named Guillaume Latendresse was more valuable to the team.

He almost made the cut but a 19 year old named Guillaume Latendresse was more valuable to the team.

You have to look at the situation though. There were basically two options: 1) Stunt and/or delay the development of Latendresse by sending him back to Juniors and keep Kostitsyn, or 2) Send Kostitsyn back to the AHL without harming his development and keep Latendresse.

Kostitsyn's first season in the AHL --- Third line (split year with Dallas I think)

Kostitsyn's second season in the AHL --- Second line (mainly) (semi-split year with Edmonton)

Kostitsyn's third season in the AHL --- First line (2 players from Edmonton

Dallas were royal pricks about making their guys play. I won't forget that. Yann Danis was ON FIRE. It was All Yann Danis that the Bulldogs even made it into the playoffs but the Bulldogs had no damn choice to play Dan Ellis on some crucial games just because Dallas was on their ass for not playing him. All this with Ellis admitting it would be best to start Danis in nets if the team wanted to make the playoffs.