Game Thread | Boston vs. Montreal | 12/12/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy gets two.. who called that.. spot on :)

I don't know if this'll jinx him, but I dreamed that Sammy scored 2 late 3rd period goals to force overtime, and Koivu scored the OT winner.

Hopefully I've become prophetic...

Well, so I was somewhat correct.. Regardless, we won! :clap:

:hlogo:

gotta feel good about the habs winning (and dropping a 4 spot on the bruins) without their top offensive threats from the D and forward corps...

I actually didn't realise what you meant about top offensive threats on forward being out.... I'm like "I know Souray's out, but did I miss something? Who's out up front?"

and then it hits me. Of course! Higgins. It's amazing that we're playing this well without him. That said, I can't wait to have him back.

Very good game by the Habs, 40 shots taken, that is nice to see for a change. That was pretty close to a full games effort. I thought pretty much everyone played well besides Kovaev, he was lazy, turned the puck over alot, especially goal #2. The 4th line looked very good with Lapierre, i said it on some other posts but i really like an aggressive hitting 4th line, i don't like the extra D out there. Also alot of people picking on Murray but he was just as visible as Lapierre. It would be nice to see Begin Lapierre and Murray. Offense looked pretty sharp in there own end, defensively I thought they were exposed many times, i won't pick on the D too much i think the forwards not getting back and turning over the puck alot was the problem in their own end.

The Pk looked really bad.

It is very nice to see the Habs actually able to sustain some injuries and have depth to cover the spots and not lose anything. A bonus way to go for Carbo who actually will use his young players. Also when he calls out players he lets them play to prove themselves, very nice to see. He should call out Kovalev next.

Greta game by the Canadiens one of thier best mof the year, they played solid for sixty minutes and controled the game.

I really hope Samsonov goes not a tear, as for the PK, no Souray, Begin, Higgins is bound to hurt them.

Is Higgins going to be back against Pittsburgh?

It's up in the air he may play he may not, when he skated yesterday he still was wearing a green jersey (no contact). He will for sure play Saturday but I bet we will not know about Thursday until later today or early tomorrow.