Habs Recall Maxim Lapierre

Bacchus

bégin is questionable for tomorow and murray is hurt as well so it leaves us with only downey as a legit 4th liner since streit and niinima could play on D if bouillon and souray are out.

we could actually see another call up tomorow if all the banged up can't play.

I hope Lappy gets a game this time around. Here's hoping the kid's enthusiasm rubs off on his teammates. Wouldn't be dissapointed either if he could prove more valuable than Murray and stick in the NHL.

I hope so too. anyway it's only a matter of time before he becomes a full time NHLer

It would be really nice if Lapierre got to play and played well. He's deserved a call-up for so long now. Always bad for regulars to be injured, but we have the depth on the farm now to cover for them, and it gives up and comers like Lapierre a chance to gain experience and show their stuff. This is yet another sign of how far the team has come that an injury isn't so problematic.

Having said that, four or five injuries all at once? :huh: I just hope this doesn't turn into the year we lose over 500 man games to injury again...

All injuries are pretty minor I think and wil be healed up very quickly. Hopefully Lapierre can kick out Murray out of the team tough, he sucked so bad this year...

Bob is away, Guy is going to try him centering Sammy and Kov. You heard it first here. Be his X-mas gift to his mentor, a scoring 2nd unit.

If it works

Latendresse Koivu Ryder

Samonov Lapierre Kovalev

Plekenec Bonk Johnson

Higgins Begin Perezhogin

until CH gets his legs back, then we have a log jam on 1st line!!

Sweet problem

Oh, and how many defenceman do we have?

Who could worry?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Bob is away, Guy is going to try him centering Sammy and Kov. You heard it first here. Be his X-mas gift to his mentor, a scoring 2nd unit.

If it works

Latendresse Koivu Ryder

Samonov Lapierre Kovalev

Plekenec Bonk Johnson

Higgins Begin Perezhogin

until CH gets his legs back, then we have a log jam on 1st line!!

Sweet problem

Oh, and how many defenceman do we have?

Who could worry?

Optimistic are we!! Thats good!!!

but what could Lapierre do that Plekanec hasnt!! Unless Lapierre comes from RIMOUSKY!

at best if Higgins gets back we will see what you wrote down there but switch Lapierre with Higgins ... Perez needs more Icetime than Fourth He's an Afinogenov in the makinG!

but what could Lapierre do that Plekanec hasnt!! Unless Lapierre comes from RIMOUSKY!

at best if Higgins gets back we will see what you wrote down there but switch Lapierre with Higgins ... Perez needs more Icetime than Fourth He's an Afinogenov in the makinG!

I come from Rimouski!

Can I center the 2nd line? I can barely skate anymore but I know what to put in Kovy and Sammy's Gatorade bottles that'd make them fly all over the ice! :P

Can I center the 2nd line? I can barely skate anymore but I know what to put in Kovy and Sammy's Gatorade bottles that'd make them fly all over the ice! :P

Flying all over the ice is not their problem, they do that already, they need to learn not to do sooo much, and pass. Way too much stickwork and not enough simple execution from those two. It seems whenever one of them (especially Samsonov) gets the puck, they spin and circle but the defencemen don't seem to mind, they just keep them to the outside and whenever they get tired, go in scoop the puck off of them and take off into their offensive zone. These guys need to do the simple things better instead of trying to be Crosby,.....cause their not.

At this point of the season, the guys don't need to play hurt.

Bégin as cracked ribs Lapierre can play for a while.

Bouillon knee is sore, play Ninimaa for a few bucks worth.

Kovalev as a lower body injury!! Try Perezhogin on second line.

This is a long season, it's not even half yet so it's time to build a depth for later in the season.

At this point of the season, the guys don't need to play hurt.

Bégin as cracked ribs Lapierre can play for a while.

Bouillon knee is sore, play Ninimaa for a few bucks worth.

Kovalev as a lower body injury!! Try Perezhogin Kostitsyn on second line.

This is a long season, it's not even half yet so it's time to build a depth for later in the season.

B)

If Lapierre has one or two good games Murray is out for ever in Montréal. Lapierre cand do ALL the same as Murray and much better. Dont even know why Garth still on the team...

Murray is on the team because he is big, fast and is a good 4th line player. He is also good on the Pk. He struggled early but has been playing well the past few weeks.

If lapierre plays well, great for him.

Why is it that Habs fans think call ups will steal everyone's spots?

Crosby is from Halifax!

I was thinking he could put up points, that would put him way ahead of Perezhogin. The line ain't working, don't you see that?

Murray is on the team because he is big, fast and is a good 4th line player. He is also good on the Pk.

Yeah... too bad he has no idea what to do with the puck when it get on his stick. He might as well play without the latter, would discourage his linemates from passing him the puck.

Besides, for a big and fast player, Murray sure dont dont throw his weight around a whole lot... except in front of shots on the PK every now and then.

I think people are anxious to see Lapierre replace Murray because they'd like a 4th liner that hits the ice for other purposes than just give other lines a breather.

Well, for those who've seen Lapierre play (he's from St-Leonard, sadly not from Rimouski ;)), he's fast, he can hit, he's got energy and most importantly he's got a scoring touch. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a second line center at this point, but I will say to expect him to bring a new dynamic to the fourth line if he plays with Bégin and Streit. Streit brought good things to the fourth line, I expect Lapierre to do somewhat of the same.

If the fourth line tonight will be indeed Bégin-Lapierre-Streit, then it should be interesting since all these guys complement each other in a good way.

My lines:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson

Begin - Lapierre - Latendresse

Downey

Markov - Komisarek

Souray - Dandenault

Bouillion - Rivet

Streit, Niniimaa

Murray sent down.