For all you Tender headz!

Bacchus

"But while, he hasn't exactly been the high-scoring, power-forward fans and some media wanted him to be, Latendresse has found a niche in the lineup as a hard-working forward, and has also contributed offensively with 12 points." - He's 19, what do you mean he hasn't been the high-scoring power-forward fans and media wanted him to be....you idiots

"Montreal rookie forward Guillaume Latendresse is drawing comparisions to

Hall of Famer Guy Lafleur by Habs fans due to his French-Canadian heritage."

Is it just me or does the "due to his french-canadian heritage" kind of make it seem like we only like him because he's french...and that's it...

Is it just me or does the "due to his french-canadian heritage" kind of make it seem like we only like him because he's french...and that's it...

If he was John Smith, no one would really care how many points he puts up or whatever. He's not playing that much better than Perezhogin did at the beginning of last season, and you don't see as many articles on Perezhogin then, did you?

If he was John Smith, no one would really care how many points he puts up or whatever. He's not playing that much better than Perezhogin did at the beginning of last season, and you don't see as many articles on Perezhogin then, did you?

I never said him being french had nothing to do with it, but he isn't liked only because he is french. He is our power forward and scorer of the future...not some poster boy with no skills but we like him because he is french.

Latendresse is a big forward who forechecks aggressively, and is on pace to score 20 goals as a rookie. What more can you ask for than that? We knew from the get-go that he was no Ovechkin, Malkin, or Crosby; he's certainly living up to my expectations thus far.

Latendress has more potential than Perezhogin IMO. But it can't be denied that the fact that he is a local French boy is a good marketing tool for the fans. There is a lot of hype surrounding this player, and this can be parlayed into $$$.

Also, he is 19 years old. I believe that Zhogs was older.

And finally, it is because the Habs are doing well this season that they and their players are getting more attention.

I haven't seen Latendress play recently because I am in Korea, but over Xmas I will be watching lots of games and look forward to seeing everyone rip it up!

I thought the article would have done well to point out that all his 12 points have come in the last 17 games, since he was moved into Higgins' spot. Makes his contribution lately seem as impressive as it truly has been.

I was a Latendresse skeptic, but I've warmed up to the kid. There are more articles about him because the press knows his being French makes him a better story, irrespective of how good a player he is. If I were a reporter, I'd follow the bigger story, too, and I wouldn't expect dirty looks from Borat for it. (Not that Borat even knows how to give a dirty look - he sent me an e-mail once and there were no letters, only sixteen smileys, an exclamation mark, and a picture of a baby kitten rescuing Pikachu from a bottle of fabric softener. I asked someone about it and they said it was an actual quote of his.)

Well, the last Habs prospect I recall having as much hype as Lats was Koivu. The hype comes from the feeling that the kid can have an immediate impact. Ribs made the club at 19 and was a local boy, but did'nt get this much hype because you could see he was just there "by default" rather than because he was NHL-caliber. Being a local boy just amplifies Lats impact.

last time I checked when Mr. Koivu hangs them up his number will go next to the likes of Richard, Lefleur, Plante, and by the time his number goes up Roy will be up there as well.

lol did I just set the bar high or what. lol

To date, Koivu hasn't earned that. No way in hell a Canadien should get that honor without a cup to his name. That's not to say he might not get there by the time it's all said and done. (please, God...let there be a cup or two in the near future!!!)

Edited by sbhatt

I thought the article would have done well to point out that all his 12 points have come in the last 17 games, since he was moved into Higgins' spot. Makes his contribution lately seem as impressive as it truly has been.

I was a Latendresse skeptic, but I've warmed up to the kid. There are more articles about him because the press knows his being French makes him a better story, irrespective of how good a player he is. If I were a reporter, I'd follow the bigger story, too, and I wouldn't expect dirty looks from Borat for it. (Not that Borat even knows how to give a dirty look - he sent me an e-mail once and there were no letters, only sixteen smileys, an exclamation mark, and a picture of a baby kitten rescuing Pikachu from a bottle of fabric softener. I asked someone about it and they said it was an actual quote of his.)

:blink:

Perezhogin is my new favourite Habs player! ^_^

last time I checked when Mr. Koivu hangs them up his number will go next to the likes of Richard, Lefleur, Plante, and by the time his number goes up Roy will be up there as well.

SACRILEGE!!!! :angry:

(Not that Borat even knows how to give a dirty look - he sent me an e-mail once and there were no letters, only sixteen smileys, an exclamation mark, and a picture of a baby kitten rescuing Pikachu from a bottle of fabric softener. I asked someone about it and they said it was an actual quote of his.)

That was HILARIOUS!!!! Although I'm sure it's not true :P

very nice of the nhl to recognize publicly latendresse's impact on the rookie scene.

GO :hlogo: GO!