Game Thread | Tampa Bay vs. Montreal | 12/14/06

Spider-Man NL

Hmm, I believe RDS is saying that Higgins is awaiting clearance from the med staff in order to play tonight...but I could be wrong. My French isn't the greatest.

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/219240.html

You are correct he is looking for the green light. I am sure more will be known after the game day skate.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. If Higgins is in the line up then someone has to go down or be waived. That would mean the Habs have 4 people sitting out and they can only have 3. Souray, Begin, Downey and One of the 3 who played on the fourth line on Tueday. Murray Streit or Lapierre.

The Habs need to play with the passion for 60 minutes tonight like they did Thursday and things will take care of themselves. They can't sit back or take time off tonight.

higgins wants to play tonight...thats a fact...but he as to wait for medical green light....do i want him in the line up? i say we wait till the habs enter a slump...im afraid the other players are going to relax now that higgins is back...it has always been this way and always will...even in my 13 year old soccer team...when the star player was back we sucked...when he was gone we were amazing....ahh the good old memories...

n e ways habs win...if they play with heart

I'd be surprised if Carbo lets him back tonight. Even if he gets the medical green light, will he get the Carbo "your in shape " green light? But we'll see.

No use rushing him back though ...

if higgins does come back tonight, I would expect him to get 4th line minutes. why not let him play with lapierre and streit ?!! this would be a terrific 4th line !!!

if higgins does come back tonight, I would expect him to get 4th line minutes. why not let him play with lapierre and streit ?!! this would be a terrific 4th line !!!

I doubt he'll come back tonight... Carbo just wouldn't want to take that chance, and the team's winning anyway, so why not rest him one more game.

But I bet he starts on the 4th on Saturday. And you're right, that would be quite the fourth line with Lapierre and Streit :D

I really dont think hes gunna play either... his ankle might be healed, but a few more days of skating with the team to get in shape couldnt hurt when the team is doing well without him, plus i think carbo wants to see Lapierre in one more game.

Go Habs Go!!

p.s. i was listening to french radio last night, its crazy how they go insane for a french player, sounds like they expect Lapierre to be the next Bob Gainey

I really dont think hes gunna play either... his ankle might be healed, but a few more days of skating with the team to get in shape couldnt hurt when the team is doing well without him, plus i think carbo wants to see Lapierre in one more game.

Go Habs Go!!

p.s. i was listening to french radio last night, its crazy how they go insane for a french player, sounds like they expect Lapierre to be the next Bob Gainey

lol on Bonsoire les Sportifs?

i listend to it too...but all old ron was talking about is who would you like to have in your team....superstar goalie, foward or defence.....most people said goalie...cause goalies make the difference...n e ways

on team 990 the confirmed that Higgins will not play...as well as begin....souray should play and kovalev is game time decision

this update brought to you by The team 990

Lapierre could be on the 2nd line tonight, TSN says Kovalev is doubtful and Lapierre may take his place.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Lapierre - Plekanec - Samsonov

Could be a very good line! Hitter/energy - Defence - Offence. Might be just what the doctor ordered. More news at 11

Lapierre could be on the 2nd line tonight, TSN says Kovalev is doubtful and Lapierre may take his place.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

That sounds great, Lapierre looks like a good solid player and plekanec finally gets a decent winger who will give a respectable effort. If Kovalev is out I would really like to see Kosty brought up and given another chance.

Hey I am a noob here so if anyone wants to rub my shininess for luck feel free. :lol:

That sounds great, Lapierre looks like a good solid player and plekanec finally gets a decent winger who will give a respectable effort. If Kovalev is out I would really like to see Kosty brought up and given another chance.

Hey I am a noob here so if anyone wants to rub my shininess for luck feel free. :lol:

welcome marble, never seen a sharp one :blink:

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. If Higgins is in the line up then someone has to go down or be waived. That would mean the Habs have 4 people sitting out and they can only have 3. Souray, Begin, Downey and One of the 3 who played on the fourth line on Tueday. Murray Streit or Lapierre.

The Habs need to play with the passion for 60 minutes tonight like they did Thursday and things will take care of themselves. They can't sit back or take time off tonight.

Nobody would be waived or sent down, just put on the IR list.

higgins wants to play tonight...thats a fact...but he as to wait for medical green light....do i want him in the line up? i say we wait till the habs enter a slump...im afraid the other players are going to relax now that higgins is back...it has always been this way and always will...even in my 13 year old soccer team...when the star player was back we sucked...when he was gone we were amazing....ahh the good old memories...

n e ways habs win...if they play with heart

When he's healthy enough, he'll play. Carbonneau isn't going to wait until there's a slump before inserting a solid player back into the lineup. I really do like Higgins, but as is typical in Habs-land, people need to temper their enthusiasm a bit.

GIT-RRRRRRRR-DONE!

Just listening to Team Canada's game vs. CIS Allstars..... and Price started the game, and had a SO going till I lost the connection...

You can watch the game, but my computer is old so I don't get the video...just some still frames but I get audio.

GIT-RRRRRRRR-DONE!

Just listening to Team Canada's game vs. CIS Allstars..... and Price started the game, and had a SO going till I lost the connection...

You can watch the game, but my computer is old so I don't get the video...just some still frames but I get audio.

Sounds like positive news to me... Keep it up Price!