Game Thread | Tampa Bay vs. Montreal | 12/14/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya streit played very well. He looks very comfortable at his forward position. Good move by Carbo.

But ya, we were badley outshot tonight not to mention all of the penalties we took. Some were bad, but still, we were in the box far too much.

Pittsburgh next...

LES HABITANTS SONT LA

Edited by habsfan88

please don't see me as a bearer of bad news... i'm not

but this thing of winning a game being outshot 43 - 19 is ridiculous

it's like a baseball team winning 5 - 1 while being outhit 24 - 10

it's like pulling one red ball out of a bucket with some 20 blue balls

probability-wise it's really stretching it - should not normally happen.

unless our boys figure some way to cut down on the shots on goal allowed, other teams with better goaltending along with a good offence are going to kill them

this won't work against buffalo, atlanta, new jersey, detroit, nashville, anaheim, san jose, dallas, etc...

it's a sure recipe for an early playoff departure.

boy... i surely hope that they figure out that aspect of their game before the crunch time comes.

GO :hlogo: GO!

unless our boys figure some way to cut down on the shots on goal allowed, other teams with better goaltending along with a good offence are going to kill them

this won't work against buffalo, atlanta, new jersey, detroit, nashville, anaheim, san jose, dallas, etc...

boy... i surely hope that they figure out that aspect of their game before the crunch time comes.

You hit the nail on the head.

Yeah but Shortcat1, as you know from Habs lore, it's magic.

Ugly or not - Habs magic. :hlogo:

Me so happy.

Carbo, Muller and Jarvis will work it out.

They played their positional game extremely well even though they seemed sluggish.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Man I love hockey but I so ***ing hate the ref. They tried their best to give the game to Tampa but they FAILED. Loosers.

If the ref keep up their inconsistency, a player is gonna pull a Mauriche Richard and hit a ref in the face

Sorry but I do not think your right, a lot of thier shots were from far out and were not good chances? Have you watched Buffalo play this year?

Tonight they beat Florida 2-1 and were out shot 33-16, they also have beaten NYR and Detroit this year being outshot by more than a 2:1 margin. Sure the Habs had a ton of penalty's tonight and it seemed that Tampa dominated but the Habs won that is what good teams do.

I agree ... there are shots, and then there are quality shots. SOmeone posted an article where it demonstrated that although the habs allow a lot of shots, they allow relatively few quality shots.

On the other hand, perhaps Muller is instilling a quality shot only rule in the offensive zone, thus the lower shot totals.

(again, haven't SEEN a game this year because I'm in Korea ... but soon, very soon :clap: )

Sorry but I do not think your right, a lot of thier shots were from far out and were not good chances? Have you watched Buffalo play this year?

Tonight they beat Florida 2-1 and were out shot 33-16, they also have beaten NYR and Detroit this year being outshot by more than a 2:1 margin. Sure the Habs had a ton of penalty's tonight and it seemed that Tampa dominated but the Habs won that is what good teams do.

Huet had several unbelieveable saves tonight, if it wasnt for him we would have lost badly. Put any other goalie in our net this season and we would be eeking out a place below Toronto. I have no problem saying Huet is easily top five if not the best goalie in the league.

Habs has a few good aspects to their game but offense isnt one of them. We don't dominate the teams we beat like buffalo and anaheim. The habs are very good once again thanks to relying mostly on Huet but we are one center away from being great. The main difference tonight is Huet was better than Denis and much better than most of Tampas offense.