Game Thread | Tampa Bay vs. Montreal | 12/14/06

Spider-Man NL

please don't see me as a bearer of bad news... i'm not

but this thing of winning a game being outshot 43 - 19 is ridiculous

it's like a baseball team winning 5 - 1 while being outhit 24 - 10

it's like pulling one red ball out of a bucket with some 20 blue balls

probability-wise it's really stretching it - should not normally happen.

unless our boys figure some way to cut down on the shots on goal allowed, other teams with better goaltending along with a good offence are going to kill them

this won't work against buffalo, atlanta, new jersey, detroit, nashville, anaheim, san jose, dallas, etc...

it's a sure recipe for an early playoff departure.

boy... i surely hope that they figure out that aspect of their game before the crunch time comes.GO :hlogo: GO!

Yes you are right!!!!!!!

Hopefully they will figure it out., but atleast for once in the last ten years we don't need to hear.......

"We just need to keep our heads up...(because we are losing every game) good teams find a way to win....we need to find a way to win........"

I hear you Cor............but it's nice to see us pull a few out of our ass and keep building on a winning record. Sure ....someone send an SOS before the boys get to comfortable.

SAKU RULES!!!!!!!!

THEO SUCKS!!!!!!!

RIBERIO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

SOURAY RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!

HIP HIP RIVET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CROSBY has the HABS number............

If your a betting man take the Pens on SATURDAY. I hope I'm Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't see me as a bearer of bad news... i'm not ut this thing of winning a game being outshot 43 - 19 is ridiculous it's like a baseball team winning 5 - 1 while being outhit 24 - 10 it's like pulling one red ball out of a bucket with some 20 blue balls probability-wise it's really stretching it - should not normally happen. unless our boys figure some way to cut down on the shots on goal allowed, other teams with better goaltending along with a good offence are going to kill them this won't work against buffalo, atlanta, new jersey, detroit, nashville, anaheim, san jose, dallas, etc...

it's a sure recipe for an early playoff departure. boy... i surely hope that they figure out that aspect of their game before the crunch time comes.

GO :hlogo: GO!

I get what you mean, but bad teams find ways to lose and good teams find ways to win. I think we can, for the first time a long while, put the Habs in the second category. Thank God.

For those complaining about the shot totals, take a look at the Rag$ game tonight.

Dallas outshot them 45-20, yet only snuck two goals by Lundqvist and gave up five in return, including an empty-netter. Almost the exact same story in the Habs/Lightning game.

For those complaining about the shot totals, take a look at the Rag$ game tonight.

Dallas outshot them 45-20, yet only snuck two goals by Lundqvist and gave up five in return, including an empty-netter. Almost the exact same story in the Habs/Lightning game.

Yeah on the pervious page I posted the Buffalo Florida stats tonight 33-16 shots for Florida tonight, shots are a magical stat that really does not mean much if the shots are not quality scoring chances. Time of possession is a stat I wish they would keep in the NHL.

Well my only thoughts about last night was the habs found a way to get 2 points. The players who collected a game check should give it Huet, or a charity of his choice since they don't deserve one.

Hopefully Carbo will call them out or do something to send them a message, if they play like that on Saturday Pittsburgh will crush them.

I was at the game yesterday...

it wasn't a great game at all and giving the fact that I was working afterwards and I got into an accident on my way to the game...let's jus say I didn't enjoy myself that much.

only few bright spots:

1- huet was spectacular

2- lapierre is better than murray and downey. and carbonneau loves him BIG time !! geez, he's freaking playing the pk and he outhustled everybody yesterday.

3- koivu looks like the captain we always expected in him...great game for his 6ooth.

4- that souray guy can also pass the puck !!

down side: did any body noticed how bad the ice was ?? guys were falling for no reasons and fans always thought there should've been a penalty...

ryder played like crap and he could be buying himself a ticket to the press box: hey the pop corn is free!!

samsonov can't play two good games in a row..

I could go on with my downsides but we won the game...what else to say ??

I was at the game yesterday...

it wasn't a great game at all and giving the fact that I was working afterwards and I got into an accident on my way to the game...let's jus say I didn't enjoy myself that much.

only few bright spots:

1- huet was spectacular

2- lapierre is better than murray and downey. and carbonneau loves him BIG time !! geez, he's freaking playing the pk and he outhustled everybody yesterday.

3- koivu looks like the captain we always expected in him...great game for his 6ooth.

4- that souray guy can also pass the puck !!

down side: did any body noticed how bad the ice was ?? guys were falling for no reasons and fans always thought there should've been a penalty...

ryder played like crap and he could be buying himself a ticket to the press box: hey the pop corn is free!!

samsonov can't play two good games in a row..

I could go on with my downsides but we won the game...what else to say ??

i knew not to expect anything out of him...hes done for 18 games....and Ryder the guy gives the puck more often then anybody on this team...really arguvating watching hi on the ice...ohh yeah...and his stupid hooking penalties...shouldnt he be used to it by now??

So not surprised! Max plays a lot like Carbo used to. And its really no wonder our PK is so good. Just look at who Carbo can send out there: Koivu-Higgins, Bonk-Johnson, Plekanec-Begin are all very great duos... and now Carbo just dug up Streit-Lapierre which gives a breather for the other guys.

Carbo said he'd have to go to Gauthier and asks him to find ways to keep Lapierre. Hmmm, what could that imply?

So not surprised! Max plays a lot like Carbo used to. And its really no wonder our PK is so good. Just look at who Carbo can send out there: Koivu-Higgins, Bonk-Johnson, Plekanec-Begin are all very great duos... and now Carbo just dug up Streit-Lapierre which gives a breather for the other guys.

Carbo said he'd have to go to Gauthier and asks him to find ways to keep Lapierre. Hmmm, what could that imply?

maybe the fact that sending down lapierre is the only way to go without putting anyone on waivers?

but lapierre as so far shown he his ready for this league...i mean Carbonneau didnt let him play in the easy occasions...he put him there in the crucial PK's and Lapierre answered very well...thing is, his he going to be consistant at that? i for one am ready to sacrifice either murray or downey...heck im ready to sacrifice both...ohh and on another point...notice how Lapierre didnt need to be on the first line to knotch his first NHL points? got to have you thinking there

maybe the fact that sending down lapierre is the only way to go without putting anyone on waivers?

but lapierre as so far shown he his ready for this league...i mean Carbonneau didnt let him play in the easy occasions...he put him there in the crucial PK's and Lapierre answered very well...thing is, his he going to be consistant at that? i for one am ready to sacrifice either murray or downey...heck im ready to sacrifice both...ohh and on another point...notice how Lapierre didnt need to be on the first line to knotch his first NHL points? got to have you thinking there

I would be glad to sacrifice Lats to keep Lapierre up, he can produce without being with our #1 playmaker. I think Lapierre is just getting rolling. I can't wait till higgins gets his spot back or centers the second line.

Man these are great times to be a habs fan.

I would be glad to sacrifice Lats to keep Lapierre up, he can produce without being with our #1 playmaker. I think Lapierre is just getting rolling. I can't wait till higgins gets his spot back or centers the second line.

You would sacrifice Lats? You know he can't be sent down to the AHL right? He is with the team for the season. Unless you mean trade him, which makes no sense.

So you'd like to have him sent back to juniors for the rest of the year without the possibility of playing for the Habs again this season? He's been playing very well since he got the promotion to the top line. He skates hard and plays the body. He's the perfect guy to be playing on a line with Koivu.

Lapierre is an energy player. He can't really be compared to Lats. Lapierre is a 3rd or 4th liner. Now if we're talking about dropping Murray or Downey to keep Lapierre up, that's more like it.

You would sacrifice Lats? You know he can't be sent down to the AHL right? He is with the team for the season. Unless you mean trade him, which makes no sense.

Actually he can be sent down it is just unllikely because this year counts against his rookie contract or something. What I was meaning was I would move him off the first line and would put someone who could produce regularly as opposed to him.

I am not conviced he belong on the first line and I think if we put the right person with Koivu we would have a much better offensive threat.

FanPuck: How do you figure Lapierre is a 3rd or 4th liner and Lats belongs on the first line? For what 12 games Lats didn't do a damn thing on any line he was on and when he got put with our best player he finally shows up. Lapierre has been a force on the forth line and PK and he is doing great without being on the 1st line. To me that says clearly who the more talented player is but we will see as the season progresses.

Edited by OneSharpMarble

Actually he can be sent down it is just unllikely because this year counts against his rookie contract or something. What I was meaning was I would move him off the first line and would put someone who could produce regularly as opposed to him.

I am not conviced he belong on the first line and I think if we put the right person with Koivu we would have a much better offensive threat.

FanPuck: How do you figure Lapierre is a 3rd or 4th liner and Lats belongs on the first line? For what 12 games Lats didn't do a damn thing on any line he was on and when he got put with our best player he finally shows up. Lapierre has been a force on the forth line and PK and he is doing great without being on the 1st line. To me that says clearly who the more talented player is but we will see as the season progresses.

:blink:

Dude! Lapierre's played ONE game! ONE! I'll repeat that one more time for dramatic effect: ONE!

:blink:

Dude! Lapierre's played ONE game! ONE! I'll repeat that one more time for dramatic effect: ONE!

Actually thats two, I will repeat two! And like I said we should wait to see how the season progresses. He has played great and from the forth line, no reason to punish him since Lats was put on the first line after 12 mediocre games.

Actually thats two, I will repeat two! And like I said we should wait to see how the season progresses. He has played great and from the forth line, no reason to punish him since Lats was put on the first line after 12 mediocre games.

Right, I forgot about the previous game. But nonetheless, is there really much difference between one game and two games?

Well, will anyone disagree with me if I say than Lapierre has done more for the team than Garth Murray this year? :)

IMO Murray should be benched to warm him than the door is close and he should get his ass in gear if he want to keep his NHL job.

Well, will anyone disagree with me if I say than Lapierre has done more for the team than Garth Murray this year? :)

IMO Murray should be benched to warm him than the door is close and he should get his ass in gear if he want to keep his NHL job.

I would rather get rid of Downey, Murry has potential but ever since Downey got that concussion he doesnt fight or do much hitting. But yeah either one could be traded or sent down, they don't do much.

Lapierre looks great and deserves more ice time, I would also like to call Kosty back up.

I would rather get rid of Downey, Murry has potential but ever since Downey got that concussion he doesnt fight or do much hitting. But yeah either one could be traded or sent down, they don't do much.

Lapierre looks great and deserves more ice time, I would also like to call Kosty back up.

Higgins will be back in the fold tomorrow, so we can't actually call up anyone else before we send a couple of bodies down. That is what we are talking about right now. How to keep Lapierre in the NHL. Begin was put on IR, so before we call up #### we'd have to send someone else down, put someone else on IR, or trade someone. And we have 3 days in which to do it before the Xmas freeze!