Trades that never happened.....

Redlight6O

there was a topic about todd gill coming to montreal for rivet(back in the day), but the trade never came through.........does anyone know of any other trades that never happened for the habs?

I cant think of many but.....

Wendel Clark............for Corson?

kovalchuk(1st overall pick).........markov, 1st pick, (theodore or garon..dispute), and a propsect

i'm sure you guys have heard of a few im forgetting about :hlogo:

Mike Comrie for Zednik.

That trade was 1st oa pick (Kovalchuk) for Markov, Garon, 7th oa pick (Komisarek) and 25th or so oa pick (Perezhogin). So Kovalchuk for Markov, Huet, Bonk Komisarek and Perezhogin. :D

Zednik for Jeff O'Neil when he was still with the Canes and still penciled down as a potentiel 40 goal scorer.

I remember the people on RDS saying "The Canes are shopping Jeff O'Neil, but he isn't coming cheap. They want Richard Zednik from Montreal".

Oh boy, have times have changed.

boy they have changed, now neither of themcould hit 40!

I never heard of the comrie for zednik, i dont think i would have made that trade

Zednik for Jeff O'Neil when he was still with the Canes and still penciled down as a potentiel 40 goal scorer.

I remember the people on RDS saying "The Canes are shopping Jeff O'Neil, but he isn't coming cheap. They want Richard Zednik from Montreal".

well apparently zednik still had better value than o neill

zednik to washington for a 3rd round pick

oneill to TO for a 4th round pick!!

I never realized zeddy had such a high value, ya he could be downright scary to play against sometimes(playoff..remember way back then..damn McLaren) but overall wasnt a top guy. bulis was the key player in the washington deal..go figure!

zubrus would be nice to have back about now

well apparently zednik still had better value than o neill

zednik to washington for a 3rd round pick

oneill to TO for a 4th round pick!!

I never realized zeddy had such a high value, ya he could be downright scary to play against sometimes(playoff..remember way back then..damn McLaren) but overall wasnt a top guy. bulis was the key player in the washington deal..go figure!

zubrus would be nice to have back about now

I say the 1st round pick(perezhogin) was the real deal in that trade.

please don't tell me you want zubrus back. that guy,s lucky he's playing with ovechkin.

Off topic I hope Chicago continues to sink and Handzus is a fast healer

no way he'll be healed in time for the trade deadline.

say, does anyone know when the trade deadline is this year ??

Yeah, Zubrus wouldn't break the top 6 (with Higgins back) and he's a modern-day Rob Brown alongside Ovechkin.

Who's Rob Brown, you ask? Exactly.

1988-89 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 68 GP 49 G 66 A 115 Pts

I'll take Perezhogin, thank you very much. Let's see what they're both doing in 2 years.

Also, as talented as Bulis was (though I never liked him), Zednik was the key to that trade. Forget the last season - the guy was *the* sniper on the team from 01 to 04. 79 goals over three seasons; Linden and Zubrus had 88 between them over the same time period.

Zubrus is good enough to play with ovechkin right? im sure he is good enough to play here. I'm not saying he is a great player, but the guys big, can skate, has pretty decent skills, and is damn good along the boards. I always like the guy when he was here, but i agree we had the better of that trade.

I'm not sure that Zubrus is the guy we need but he does impress me each time I watch a Capitals game. Big, fast and skilled.